Freedom of Speech

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by MisterMark, Oct 20, 2002.

1. MisterMark

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've been asked to remove a thread in the "Meet and Greet" section that deals with a poster's sexual experience as a child, but after reviewing the message in question, as well as the responses, I've decided to let it stay.  There's nothing illegal about storytelling, whether its fact or fiction.

If there are thoughts or ramblings on this board that offend you, please try to ignore them.  I know it can be difficult - I'm deeply offended by a lot of things I see on TV, but for some reason, once in a while I actually watch the offensive programs.  Be strong - don't give in! And try to keep in mind that they have as much freedom to speak their minds as anyone else in a free world.

2. Imported

Gold Member

DanDMan: Amen

3. Imported

Gold Member

HUMONGOUS: Thank You Mark,
    I think it was important to express that.  there are a lot of people on this board --over 3500-- who have different lifestyles and experinces, and as such opinions and perceptions are  bound to clash. what one person considers to be offensive is not necessarily offensive to another. you have a variety of variables that come into exchange here at this board. some folks are conservative in their thinking and some are very liberal thinkers. age also plays a factor in the way in which people view situations. i think it is important that people be mindful of that and learn to tolerate that people are different. that is what makes this board so interesting  :D ;) :) ;D :eek: 8) :plearn to respect the differences we have . appreciate  it ----is a good thing

we have to learn not to take ourselves "too seriously"

4. Imported

Gold Member

Thumper_10x7_CA: This board could be a microcosom of society as a whole. Everyone of the 3,500+ people on here have 3,500+ opinions on any topic you can think of. That's the beauty of freedom. You can openly have your own thoughts and views.
    But there will always be those people who think only their own point of view is correct and will go straight to the top to complain. All politcal battles are this way. If only people would get off their high horse, open their feeble minds and agree to disagree. If you don't like it, don't partake in it. If you see a post you are offended by or feel strongly against, close it and move on.
    If because of your personal beliefs you feel gays shouldn't marry, then don't marry one! Just don't try to tell others they can't because it makes you feel uncomfortable!
    If you think abortion is murder don't tell another woman what she can or can't do with her own body.

OK I'm sorry guys, I'll get off this soap box now...
    NEXT!

5. Imported

Gold Member

str8_nnj: ...freedom of speech,sure it's protected...as long as you don't offend someone...... :-X

6. Imported

Gold Member

7x6andchg: Thumper -

The problem comes from the fact that it is easier to agree to disagree when people do not treat their opinion as fact...they are different beasts.

7x6&C

Draft saved Draft deleted