French Swimming pools?

B_LieverAnoniem

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
So, I'm going to france this summer, and I'm planning to go swim a LOT!
But I was wondering, how are most changing rooms there on campings?
Are there just rooms where everyone can change together, or apart rooms, or both?
I know it's different in all swimming pools, but what's most of the time?

:wink:

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In my experience in France, both in Paris Pools/Piscines and the Mediterranean and Atlantic coastal swimmimg areas, you will find mostly separate facilities for changing. You will not find so much privacy occasionally for pissing though. One must learn to take this insensitivity in stride though and not be too panicked . The French are adept at changing on the beach or at poolside! :tongue: Remember that France is the cradle of European cuisine, Democracy, culture and arts.. so give a little ground for lack of modesty!

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
As far as I recall the french are fairly relaxed about nudity - no barriers against pulling over on the side of the road and taking a leak - if you are erect it's a different matter, but they don't really care that much about the body.

Changing facilities are segregatted though, as far as I remember it was the case that the pool was on it's own, and each changing room (Men divided from women) had toilets, showers and lockers pretty much all in the same room, with just a sort of symbolic wooden barrier in between, but essentially it was all in one room.

Neever been to a camp, but I'd assume it would be much the same.

xela

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Most of time, you will find sperate rooms when you want to change your clothes.

jeroenvol

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I used to go to franse almost every year, and on a camping you just have to change in your caravan or bungalow most of the time. And the places there were rooms for changing, it was seperate. And wether you like it or not, in ever swimming pool you have to wear speedo's for hygienical reasons. It's there you see all sorts of crazy stuff;)

Donald630

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My experience is in Paris only, in municipal pools. Counter to the belief that the French are not uptight about bodies, in all the showers there (sex segregated) it is the custom -- if not an actual rule -- to leave your bathing suit on while showering. What a disappointment! Apparently this is the result of some man/boy problems over the years. In any case, don't expect hot shower room action at the municipal pools in Paris -- which, as pools, are great, by the way. (There's also plenty of hot action elsewhere in Paris, so you won't feel deprived.:smile: )

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Though it is nearly too late for peak summer season 2006 (Bastille Day through mid-September) the nudist city in south of France, Cap d' Agde is as good as it gets for naturist swimming, sunning and night life. Between those dates the population swells to 30-40,000 and a rental flat or hotel room is as scarce as the clothing on the beach. Here are a couple of helpful links:

http://www.genevievenaturisme.com

http://www.cap-nat.com

Though Cap d' Agde is for people of all sexual orientations, in the evening (after 8 pm) when the place comes alive it is primarily a for male/female couples. Nightclubs have changed names over the years I've visited, but Le Glamour at the beach seems to have emerged as "the" place to meet and greet with other couples. "The Cap" is never to be confused with the Cote d' Azur; this is a decidely down-scale naturist community to see and be seen. Nevertheless in August when much of Europe, particularly Germany is on holiday, the place is alive with FKK frauleins and beautiful Belgian, Dutch, and Danish women one would seldom see in anyplace but the centerfold of a men's magazine. Enjoy.:biggrin1: