Frenuloplasty aftercare advice

10xOXR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hi there,

Just registered and looking for some advice.

I'd always been unable to retract my foreskin, but seeing as it was long enough to cause no problems during erection I didn't bother about it. Recently I felt that it would be beneficial to be able to be able to pull it back. After a long process of stretching my foreskin to overcome the phimosis, I discovered problem #2: - frenulum breve. I now had a foreskin capable of being fully retracted during erection but a barrier preventing it! :rolleyes:

I spoke to a urologist, and he recommended that I have a frenuloplasty to divide the frenulum and thus solve the problem.

I had this done about 36 hours ago :)eek:) and would appreciate advice from guys that have also gone through this procedure on what aftercare they found worked best for them.

TIA

10x...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just google frenuloplasty, most of the sites have aftercare guidance which is basically keep it clean and watch out for any bleeding or signs of infection e.g. your cock dropping off :)

Naked_Mole_Rat

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Interesting... I had problems with my frenulum when I was 14-15 and first began to get erections. Once I had a paper cut-like nick in the skin of the frenulum and visited my GP. She advised me not to worry about it and gave me a cream to rub on the region. As well as this she said to "take it easy" when masturbating (I was really embarrassed by this). She never mentioned a surgical option but I guess, since I haven't had a problem since, she was right.

I wish you a speedy recovery, 10x0xR. I can only imagine how scary it would be to have your doodle operated on.
http://www.lpsg.org/../members/10xoxr.html

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Hi there,

Just registered and looking for some advice.

I'd always been unable to retract my foreskin, but seeing as it was long enough to cause no problems during erection I didn't bother about it. Recently I felt that it would be beneficial to be able to be able to pull it back. After a long process of stretching my foreskin to overcome the phimosis, I discovered problem #2: - frenulum breve. I now had a foreskin capable of being fully retracted during erection but a barrier preventing it! :rolleyes:

I spoke to a urologist, and he recommended that I have a frenuloplasty to divide the frenulum and thus solve the problem.

I had this done about 36 hours ago :)eek:) and would appreciate advice from guys that have also gone through this procedure on what aftercare they found worked best for them.

TIA

10x...

Can I ask, how long was it from consulting your doctor to the operation?

I have a minor case of frenulum breve and yet to have unprotected sex... I'm wondering if I should see about getting a frenuloplasty - it's been fine so far, but I really don't want to risk ripping it :eek:

10xOXR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Can I ask, how long was it from consulting your doctor to the operation?

My GP referred me in January to a Urology Outpatient appointment that I attended at the start of February, signed the consent forms, and had it done on Friday just passed. Fairly quick given the state of the NHS here in Lanarkshire!

Thus far things have been OK, not as bad as I had expected. I don't even really need the painkillers anymore, it's more of a fairly dull pain now and then. Slight setback today when a morning erection pulled on one of the stitches, causing what I can only liken to a vice-grip moment and some bleeding (which almost immediately stopped once the pressure was gone).

Seeing as you only have some tightness and can still achieve full retraction whilst erect, I'd try a few of the frenulum stretching techniques to be found online before you commit to having the procedure performed. I had some success but ultimately it didn't work out for me, possibly because mine was simply too short to stretch that far.

I'd post pics now, but as it's currently not advisable to retract the foreskin unless I want to clean some blood from the floor I'll give it a few days methinks!

I'll keep everyone posted on my progress, that way it may help others in a similar situation.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
NS - if you rip it it shouldn't really be any problem, this has happened with two guys with me and they weren't even aware they'd ripped it, afterwards it was 'where the fuck has all that blood come from,' they assumed it was me but on close inspection it turned out to be them.

10xOXR

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The real problem is that if he does rip it then it's more likely to scar down and tighten further, thus becoming more prone to ripping again until he eventually needs corrective surgery.

Speak to your GP No_Strings, they can give you an idea if it's really necessary.