Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So it became apparent after my gf and I stopped using contraception that condoms have been making things easier for us to have sex. I found entering her difficult and to be honest quite uncomfortable if not downright painful.

I went to hospital a few weeks back and consequently, I'm booked in to get my banjo string seen to soon.

Has anybody else here had this done? How much is it really going to hurt afterwards? :confused:

sasquatch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

vindicator

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Hey sasquatch,

Have you tried stretching your frenulum yet? With any surgical procedure of the penis there is always a risk of severing nerves or other unintentional impacts that can cause complications, so surgery should be your last resort. If you have not tried stretching your frenulum (which will of course take time) it might be worth putting off the procedure for a couple months to save you the pain of having to be surgically altered.

Good luck!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So it became apparent after my gf and I stopped using contraception that condoms have been making things easier for us to have sex. I found entering her difficult and to be honest quite uncomfortable if not downright painful.

I went to hospital a few weeks back and consequently, I'm booked in to get my banjo string seen to soon.

Has anybody else here had this done? How much is it really going to hurt afterwards? :confused:

Yes I have, by a complete fucking twat @ Nottingham City Urology dept, corrected at Derby City Royal Urology.

I had a Fren Breve (Sounds same as yourself), and the op was offered in the hope of lengthening my banjo (It was quite large, but short), and was considered the option before a full circ would be tried.

In short, I had a very bad experience via a CUNTsultant @ Nottingham, whom I found out via an Oncologist friend of mine in Wales, that the guy was bearly qualified to do the job, somehow fluked his way through medical uni (He's met him a few times), and has the bed side manners of Robert Mugabe.

Such as was the issues with the guy, I had to take action, just short of full blown legal action, after his botched efforts at a plasty, which was corrected @ Derby.

However, though quite a lot of the mess was sorted at Derby, I am still not 100% to what I should be, and with this, requested a circ, but the problem is, the consultants just wanted to prod / poke me around, and just offer at most creams to sort things.

I'm not going to go in to full detail of what went off with myself, or why I am eventually going to go down the private circ route (Will be looking at this sometime early next year, when funds allow), but don't be put off by my bad experience, especaly when my friend Andrew who ended up with simalar problems to myself, was sorted out via Derby, and by the same consultant I had, and had a much better experience.

Just make sure you go through everything with the consultant, prior to the op, and also don't be bullied in to going for a general anaesthetic if you do not want this, as a penile ring block / local is more than enough for this job, and recovery is much quicker too.

Pain wise, it was not all that bad for me at all, though my stitches did fail well before 10 days. All I will say, is make sure you have a supply of Ibuprofen in, to help with any swelling / pain you may get, to last for up to 2 weeks, just to be on the safe side.

If you want to know more, just drop me a PM :cool:

celtic87

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I fear I'm going to have to have this operation. People who've had it such as stanmarsh, continue to chime in. We can read about it all we want, but personal experiences are always very helpful.

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Just to add, experiences both sides of the Atlantic, especially on subject material which runs close to anything like a circ, with have strong anti / pro feeling from members here.

From my own POV and also experienced the way the NHS is in this field (Noting the OP is in Scotland, and subject to the NHS also), the NHS generaly do NOT like doing operations, and operate on the basis of clinical need, unlike in the states, where money does most of the talking.

It is with this, that op's like a frenuloplasty or a circumcision on the NHS, are few and far between, unlike you find state side.

D_William Fuckner

Experimental Member
Media
Thanks for the details, ts. Yeah, i have the same problem, but i've been stretching it out. It's still too short, although i can manage to completely expose the glans. In fact, if i jerk off too regularly (more than once or twice a day), my foreskin gets red, presumably from micro tears around the tight part of the foreskin.

sasquatch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks for the feedback and personal experiences. I have tried stretching in the past, easing my foreskin back in the bath but to no avail. I too have had small tears around my foreskin. I've not had a date back from the hospital yet but the consultant has told me that they prefer to use a general anaesthetic. I'm not sure why but I have heard apocryphal tales that men get an erection when knocked out?

XxMarcTx

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
the genitals are generally not my area of expertise, but a Frenuplasty is a procedure to cut the tissue that hold down the tongue to the bottom of your mouth, usually done to children who have difficulty talking, as I said I deal with the other head

sasquatch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

waenre

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight

Just curious -- are you having just the frenum removed or a full circumcision?

Thanks in advance.

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From what I remember, a frenulocotomy is where they cut three small incisions in the "banjo string" to loosen it.

OP's foreskin does look tight, similar to mine but tighter. I also get the small tears around my foreskin. Radial tears around the opening of the foreskin, called foreskin fissures.

They heal and generally don't occur that often, especially if I use lube.

I might have to get this operation myself though as I read that repeated tears in the foreskin will make it tighter and tighter til eventually you need a circumcision.

I think the main difference between a circumcision and a frenuloplasty/octomy is that with circumcision you lose your foreskin, the other one(s) you don't.

Good luck with it anyway. And stretching with a steroid cream is best. I couldn't stretch mine at first but using a steroid cream like Hydrocortisone 1% or there's a Beth-something one sold at pharmacies/chemists and not very expensive.

Apply some on the foreskin and it will loosen it up a bit.

sasquatch

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just curious -- are you having just the frenum removed or a full circumcision?

Thanks in advance.

My consulatant actually said that about 1/3 men go on to have a full cirumcision after undergoing this procedure, which I'd like to avoid if possible — I like my foreskin!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
My consulatant actually said that about 1/3 men go on to have a full cirumcision after undergoing this procedure, which I'd like to avoid if possible — I like my foreskin!

Yep, was warned this myself this was a possibility with mine, but after all the messing about and fuck up's I had, just wished they would just do that, and save myself a lot of grief.

Not to say that you will end up like myself though..... I just hope you have more competent staff to hand, then I did.

The Wikipedia link gives good basic information concerning the procedure.

All I will say is, make sure you have about 2 weeks worth of Ibuprofen to hand (The liquid own brand ones from Tesco's are ideal, same at ASDA / Wilco's), and dark coloured underwear for about a week, case it bleeds slightly, making sure the underwear has firm control, like most briefs, or trunks, like from C-in2, Jockey, or CK.

Thanks for the feedback and personal experiences. I have tried stretching in the past, easing my foreskin back in the bath but to no avail. I too have had small tears around my foreskin. I've not had a date back from the hospital yet but the consultant has told me that they prefer to use a general anaesthetic. I'm not sure why but I have heard apocryphal tales that men get an erection when knocked out?

The consultants like to fully knock you out, as they think you can not put up with the pain during the proccedure.

From my own experience, that is complete crap, and very annoying, also with them saying only time they would recommend a local / penile ring block, is for those who can react badly to a general, or those of old age.

When I went for the first op, I went the local route, and was very quick to recover. When I went for the second op, I went general, took ages to recover, and was also feeling like crap for the next 3 days.

Think of it this way...... most private clinics who do banjo repairs and circs, they are only licensed to do local / penile ring blocks, yes they manage very well, generally without any serious problems, and they learn that recovery time is much quicker.

You are pretty much the same age as me, and seam to be in good health, so why go through the extra risk of going for a general, when a local carries less risk, and recovery time is quicker?

Last edited: