Frenulum troubles

tonikk

Just Browsing
Media
I have been having trouble with my frenulum for as long as I remember. I am 35 now and uncircumsised and my foreskin is fully retractable. Ever since I started masturbating when I was in my early teens I would sometimes get sore on the frenulum area. It would be like a little cut which would then heal in a matter of 2-3 days.

Sometimes it would happen a few times over and then disappear for months at a time. Even when I became sexually active I would go for long periods when everything would be fine and then it would just get sore over and over for a few weeks. The problem has become worse in the last 3 years. I now have to be quite careful when masturbating or having sex to not produce any tears. In fact I'm finding it hard to relax when having penetrative sex and it's affecting my sex life.

Even though I have never had any bleeding from these small cuts they are superficial and often 2-3mm in length, horizontally across different parts of the frenulum. They sting just after cumming or cleaning the penis and even though its not unbearable pain it puts me out of action from doing anything for a few days each time. I can see where they have healed which I presume is scar tissue, and it is in these places where it tears time and time again.

I went to a doctor who told me i could have it removed. has anyone had the frenulum removed? mine is quite sensitive and would hate to lose that, but this is seriously affecting me. Is there much scarring after such a procedure? Has it improved your sex life if you've had one? I'm interested in hearing people's experiences because there isn't much information out there regarding this procedure.

S_V_J

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm sorry to hear that.
My friend once told me his frenulum almost snapped once when having sex, and he blead like a stuck pig. It healed though, but it sure is something to avoid.

I remember reading about making the frenulum thinner, like peeling several layers of skin from it to make it stretchier. It gets more prone to snapping of course, but it's then possible to stretch it out, over time.

I will try to find more info, I am pretty sure it's fixable without complete removal!

D_Bubba_Butter

Account Disabled
Media
Hey tonikk,

Sorry to hear about this. Sounds pretty unpleasant for you. How tight is your frenulum?

It can be a really great, sensitive area & it would be a shame to lose that if you don't have to. Try a different doctor for a second opinion. Torn frenulum is pretty common (& it is a blood bath when it happens), but can usually be repaired with a frenuloplasty. The scar from this is usually very small. It may be that a different surgeon can offer a procedure that deals with the problem area, but leaves the frenulum intact. There is, however, a possibility that you'll have to decide between having an intact, sensitive frenulum with periods of discomfort, or no frenulum with less likelihood of discomfort in the long run...

Go for that second opinion first, though.

tonikk

Just Browsing
Media
I'm definitely going for a second opinion. The frenulum isn't tight, not particularly. I don't have frenulum breve and I've never torn the frenulum that way. It's just the skin that tears superficially, no bleeding but stings like hell, like a papercut. I've never understood why I keep getting these little cuts. I would be interested to know f people who have had it removed in case this second opinion says the same thing.

S_V_J

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Do condoms offer any relief? I'd imagine they would, but then again ...

Perhas try moisturizing? Although dry skin in that area shouldn't be a problem for uncut guys.

tonikk

Just Browsing
Media
Condoms never made a difference, I dont use them anyway, I've been in a monogamous relationship for years. It does get dry sometimes but there's no need moisturise whith a foreskin, and always use some lubricant even when masturbating...that's why I dont understand why it happens!

D_Miranda_Wrights

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Alternatively, you can ask about frenuloplasty. It involves little microscopic z-shaped cuts into your frenulum. It will look the same and work the same, but fix your problem, if your doctor is able to do it.

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm definitely going for a second opinion.

I'm glad to hear that. I'm sure your doctor answered your question to the best of his/her abilities, but no one doctor knows everything about every medical issue. It's always best to get a second opinion before doing something irreversible.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I am suspicious about this "tearing" occurring repeatedly with penetrative sex; I do not know what you are penetrating, but anal or vaginal with no condom can expose you to multiple bacteria which can cause small ulcerative slits to develop on the frenulum and on the cock head. Once or twice a urologist has treated me for bacterial infection and that ended that problem....of course I now always use a condom..perhaps you should too. I had a bf once..long before aids.. and barebacking him almost always produced the situation you describe...I decided to give up this bf, because of recurring discomfort!

Now assuming you can get a medicated antifungal/antibacterial cream to protect
yourself, that is the way to go, in my opinion!

I strongly urge you to leave your frenulum intact, as I chose to do...it is for me the epicenter of sexual arousal!

Reactions: Allan S.

S_V_J

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Alternatively, you can ask about frenuloplasty. It involves little microscopic z-shaped cuts into your frenulum. It will look the same and work the same, but fix your problem, if your doctor is able to do it.

That makes so much sense, if it works like I imagine it would

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
http://www.lpsg.org/the-healthy-penis-9/does-anyone-know-the-name-266443/

My only experience is probably not very helpful and probably the very thing you are concerned about.
(Tearing the Frenulum during sex. Warning; The post above contains graphic photo's.)

Since it happened, I have not noticed any problems and do not have any pain.

It does look a little odd, but I have only been asked once "What is it ?" (out of numerous casual partners)

Regards Joe

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have been having trouble with my frenulum for as long as I remember. I am 35 now and uncircumsised and my foreskin is fully retractable. Ever since I started masturbating when I was in my early teens I would sometimes get sore on the frenulum area. It would be like a little cut which would then heal in a matter of 2-3 days.

Sometimes it would happen a few times over and then disappear for months at a time. Even when I became sexually active I would go for long periods when everything would be fine and then it would just get sore over and over for a few weeks. The problem has become worse in the last 3 years. I now have to be quite careful when masturbating or having sex to not produce any tears. In fact I'm finding it hard to relax when having penetrative sex and it's affecting my sex life.

Even though I have never had any bleeding from these small cuts they are superficial and often 2-3mm in length, horizontally across different parts of the frenulum. They sting just after cumming or cleaning the penis and even though its not unbearable pain it puts me out of action from doing anything for a few days each time. I can see where they have healed which I presume is scar tissue, and it is in these places where it tears time and time again.

I went to a doctor who told me i could have it removed. has anyone had the frenulum removed? mine is quite sensitive and would hate to lose that, but this is seriously affecting me. Is there much scarring after such a procedure? Has it improved your sex life if you've had one? I'm interested in hearing people's experiences because there isn't much information out there regarding this procedure.

I have had mine cut. Look at my pix.

tonikk

Just Browsing
Media
i'll definitely enquire about frenuloplasty. Ive googled it and apparently z frenuloplasty is successful in elongating the frenulum, i definitely dont want to get it removed but i need this sorting out once and for all.

Basque9 i get what you are saying. I have noticed that when i have a fungal infection it tends to happen more often. but then it also happens when i dont have it, so thats why i can't pin down the cause. i dont have penetrative sex that often to be honest, ive always been more of a btm.

eurotop the pix look very good. i take it youre happy with it then. did you lose much sensation?

eurotop40

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
eurotop the pix look very good. i take it youre happy with it then. did you lose much sensation?

Absolutely not. It was not vascularized at all and was just a bit of skin. So it was easy to cut it. However, I am not happy with how much skin bunches up behind the glans and therefore I will soon get rid of the foreskin.

basque9

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think you are premature in blaming your frenulum's conformation for your problem. Didn't you comment previously that you do not have Frenulum Breve? If shortness is not involved, what is the surgery going to do for an already presumably normal frenulum????

Please do yourself a favor and see whether an infection, similar to herpes in behavior might not be your problem. Your frenulum is going to react with greater sensitivity and fragility than the rest of your cock, except the ridges of your cock head , to any bacteria present! I have found that a second or third opinion , where cock health maintenace is concerned, is always justified!

Last edited:
Reactions: Allan S.

otr1000

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Are you kidding? Get rid of that shit now andd start enjoying your sexual life!
I had slight frenulum breve, it would hurt when the skin was fully retracted and I was still thrusting forward. I got a FRENECTOMY, total removal, and after a month of down time the results were great. Your foreskin will move freely back and forward, with no pain at the head of youe penis.
Right now you're associating sex with pain, not a good thing for your mind. The post op doesn't hurt at all, only a ver small portion of meat is actually removed. You can't even notice a scar. You dick will look just the same as before, and its foreskin will be able return to its regular position.

well My frenulum was in the same trouble. Then I decided to visit a doc who made an operation on it. He doesnt remove it...he just cutted it to make it longer to avoid the strech which hurted.

Since then my penis works fine, sensitivity is better than before :)) ) so I suggest you should do the surgery.