Frenulum

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Matt Cohen, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Matt Cohen

Matt Cohen Member

Just wondering if most guys who have been circumcised have also had the frenulum removed ?

When I was circumcised my frenulum was cut off as well, but I've heard some guys on the site say they still have their frenulum even though they are circumcised.

For circumcised men, is it more usual to have a frenulum or to have had it removed ?

(For those who don't know, the frenulum is the vertical strip of skin attaching the foreskin to the penis at the back of the glans).

2. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    For circumcised men, we can have frenulum remnant, because as you know the frenulum stretches throughout the foreskin as well. But i will include pics of mine. I consider myself to have a lot of remnant because it clearly puffs up underneath the glans

http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/15506d1191039414-underside-of-my-penis-0928072356.jpg
    http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/15469d1190993049-underside-of-my-penis-0928071106.jpg
    http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/15470d1190993049-underside-of-my-penis-0928071109.jpg
    http://www.lpsg.org/attachments/15489d1191037834-underside-of-my-penis-0928072320.jpg

there are some pictures of my circumcision and "frenulum". As you can see i also have a very dark scar and a very ugly raphe. But I will say that the frenulum is very sensitive and feels awesome.

3. Yknarfy

Yknarfy Active Member

Albums:
    I am uncut but had my frenulum torn off by the first pussy I penetrated,

Franky

4. T-Lex

T-Lex Member

Albums:
    I am cut, but have a decent amount of frenulum left. So much so that when flaccid, I can sometimes appear uncut. But, when erect, it's plainly clear that I am, in fact, circumcised. Maybe I got the best of both worlds?

5. lvprcm

Gold Member

Albums:
    Just curious on your circumcision, were you circumcised at birth. Your scar seems a bit atypical of those of I've seen who were circumcised at birth and I've notice you have some presence of the pearly papules at the rim of your glans. Nice set of photos. :smile:

6. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    justucuious80,

Thats not a frenulum remnant, thats pretty much a full frenulum!

I don't really have any of it left but i hear the feeling from it is amazing. I really didn't even really know about it until i met my BF who is uncut and started experimenting with his. :smile: He can cum from just rubbing the frenulum and nothing else. I wish I could do that!

Also, it seems that for uncut guys who do have a frenulum it is quite common to tear it. My best friend said he tore his when his GF jump on his cawk too hard and my BF's tore when someone pulled his foreskin back to far.

Vin

7. lvprcm

Gold Member

Albums:
    It seems most guys I've heard here in this group have a sensitive frenulum, cut or uncut. As an uncut guy with somewhat of a short foreskin, the frenulum doesn't do much for me. Just to add.

8. open501s

open501s Member

yea mine is sensitive.

like your bf I can shoot with just frenulum work; and it don't take much.

9. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    I can't remember where i heard about this, but they did some studies and found that the frenulum is actually an ejaculatory receptor. I always thought it was stimulation of the glands that made you cum, but it turns out it is the stroking motion of the foreskin and the retraction of the frenulum that does.

That makes sense as to why you can stimulate only the frenulum and cum pretty quickly. I should say that i have been able to do it once or twice and the feeling you get is completely different then anything else. To me it felt like a deeper body sensation. I just wish i had the whole thing so i could do it more often!

Examples from our friends at Xtube! :wink:

XTube Videos

XTube Videos

XTube Videos

XTube Videos

10. SteveHd

Gold Member

In a word, yes.
    I've seen such comments and all of ones who provided pics had what I call a frenulum remnant. Keep in mind many guys in USA don't have a frenulum and haven't ever seen one.
    I only know of one instance where a frenulum was retained after a circ. I read of a guy, in USA I think, who went to Germany since no local surgeon would attempt it. Supposedly, it was successful.

To preserve it, I guess the cut would have to be beyond the frenar band; which would mean not much cut off. I guess a doctor would judge that as "not worth the trouble".

11. SteveHd

Gold Member

I/M/O, it's a remnant.
    Not really "common" but it does tear for some guys.
    I've read anecdotal comments that the frenulum and/or foreskin "trigger" orgasm but I don't recall any clinical study saying that. Since cut guys can get an orgasm, other things are involved. Apparently it's easier and better if you have an original/complete dick.

12. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

When giving a blow job a lot of guys love having their frenulum stimulated with a tongue, they often groan when it's licked or flicked.

Out of the guys I've had sex with two have ripped their frenulum during sex, they didn't feel it at the time but it bled like a stuck pig, after sex they thought that the blood had come from me and it was only on inspection they realised what had happened, they both healed without it affecting the sensation or appearance.

13. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Out of the two uncut guys, both had there frenums tear and both described it as not initally knowing, and later on having it bleed a lot with some pain.

My bf's tore so badly that it probably tore at least an inch. In fact, now he almost looks like he doesn't have one. But he did have problems with it being too tight to the point where the foreskin wouldn't retract properely over the head whereas my other friend was fine.

14. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    yes i was circumcised at birth, I never really realized I had a lot of my frenulum left until recently. It is awfully pronounced tho, it shocked me when I learned that not a lot of people have a frenar band after circumcision. Can someone who is uncut compare my remnant to their frenulum to see how much I really have. Ive only based it off of illustrations and such. And yes, I have a nice little line of pearly papules going around my glans, however I like how they blend in with the glans really well. They aren't too noticeable, but omg are they sensitive. they feel great rubbing a finger over.

15. justcurious80

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    more pics.

16. vindicator

vindicator Member

Albums:
    Compared with what i have seen up close, you have most of your frenum still there. Only the lower part appears to be missing, the bottom inch or so. I have more of the lower portion and none of the upper. As to the most sensitive part you'd have to consult someone else. :cool:

Personally i think you have the best of both worlds and on top of that it looks cool.

I have a friend that was cut in the same style you were, with the V type scar whereas mine and most others i have seen is more equal all the way around. I think the way that they cut you leaves the frenulum behind.

17. 9inchcanadian

9inchcanadian Member

Albums:
    slightly off topic but.
    Hey Matt where are your pics dude? your becoming quite the poster here so i think its time we got to see ya

18. dirtyarizona

dirtyarizona Member

Albums:
    I had always heard it referred to as a frenum, not a frenulum. But when I went to Wikipedia is said that the terms were basically interchangeable. Frenum means "bridle," and frenulum means "little bridle." (We also have a frenum/frenulum attaching our tongue to the floor of our mouth, and there's also one attaching the inner side of our upper lip to our gum, and there's also one in the brain somewhere!).
    When guys have it pierced, I've always heard it called a "frenum ring," not a "frenulum ring," but maybe that's just the circles I run in!
    You learn something every day!
    Now who's got a big one (frenum/frenulum, that is) that I can stimulate?!?

19. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I always used to say frenum but I started using frenulum a while ago probably because I was influenced by the fact that more people called it a frenulum.

20. rusty__

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I was cut at birth and still have the frenulum attached. Nearly everybody i know who is cut is the same.

Draft saved Draft deleted