Frequently Asked Questions?

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
There's been some talk recently of creating a Frequently Asked Questions forum. I understand the desire to have something like that, especially for the members who visit often. I'm not sure if it's really a good idea, however, so I'd like your input.

Since (almost) every male has a penis, his experience with it is going to be unique, whether it's large or not. I'm having trouble imagining a definitive answer to any question that someone would have about penises. It would seem that, no matter what the answer is, someone else could easily say that his or her experience has been different.

Please let me know if you're in favor of having a Frequently Asked Questions forum, and if so, what types of questions would you like to see included? If you think it's a bad idea or unnecessary, I'd like to hear your opinions as well.

Thanks. :)

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
MisterMark,
I think an FAQ section would be an asset (especially for newer members) as far as board etiquette, guidance and rules go, but not sure it should include general "penis" questions. We have plenty of avenues and threads and topics to post in. All in all though, it might be good to outline some general rules of behavior and general LPSG uses and guidelines, such as not posting "I wanna get laid" type of inquiries. ??

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think that a nice entry would address that we do not have a size requirement or, in fact, a penis requirement. Many newbies post that they're not sure if they 'qualify' to be at this site. I like the wording on the old, original board: The Large Penis Support Group is open to anyone who possesse, is interested in, or is affected by a large penis.

hung_big: I think a Frequently Asked Questions sub-forum is a great idea. I think it would be a great asset and definetly stop repeated threads from occuring so often.

I think it benefits both the old and new members. It gives new members a feel of the board, answers some of their inquiries (without them having to look through pages and pages of topics) and basically guides them through the site.

For the older members, it stops annoying, repeated threads and minimizes the crap we have to sift through. Sometimes I come on the site and just don't feel like posting because I have to decypher all the crap.

Mark, you pointed out that each person has different experiences and that a general penis and sexual questions shouldn't be in there. I have to disagree; if we move threads such as "Biggest Flaccid Size You've Seen" to the commonly asked questions, it will again, reduce the number of those threads appearing. It is still open to posting and different experiences can still be discussed, but it stops spam.

Other threads such as "Am I qualified" and "What is a good post?" or topics to that effect would help the newer members. We can tell them that it doesn't matter what size you are, as long as you contribute worthwhile posts.

THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE IN A COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS FORUM:

Penis Related

- Size related threads
- Foreskin tightness
- Jackoff related threads
etc

Non-Penis Related

- Am I Qualified to Join this Site?
- What's in a good post?
- Introduction Thread (I don't wanna see a thread for each person! But that's just me!)
etc

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by MisterMark@Jun 7 2005, 07:17 PM
Since (almost) every male has a penis, his experience with it is going to be unique, whether it's large or not. I'm having trouble imagining a definitive answer to any question that someone would have about penises. It would seem that, no matter what the answer is, someone else could easily say that his or her experience has been different.
[post=318678]Quoted post[/post]​

Why give definitive answers? You could post a list of questions with links to existing threads where these questions have already been discussed. Sometimes these threads are hard to find because they're a few pages back -- and sometimes they're not in the forum you'd expect them to be in.

This way, people who really wanted to chime in on the subject could add to an already existing discussion instead of creating a new one.

hung_big:
Originally posted by ChimeraTX@Jun 7 2005, 09:59 PM
I'm against it.

I don't think that a single reply can answer the type of questions people usually post here. It seems like it would be a deterrent to posting also, because the same topics usually come around a lot.
[post=318702]Quoted post[/post]​

I think you forget that these topics will be open to posting. It's just like opening a thread in any other sub-forum, but they are put collectively to avoid repeated threads. I think people assume these topics are going to be locked or something, when it is quite the reverse. It is just a group of topics/threads that are repeated, which people can post on, reducing redundancy.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
As big as the forum has grown you'd need a full-time 'clerk' just to keep up with a FAQ.

Besides, as you pointed out, Mark, no matter how a subject has been discussed-to-death, some newby will still come in with a variant on a question simply because of the "Yeah but what about me" syndrome.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you all for your responses. Keep them coming!

And Pecker, I really appreciate that you recognize how much work it could potential generate. If I do open an FAQ forum, it will need to be filled with questions and answers from the most frequent visitors to the site. This would not only make my life easier, it would also just make common sense to have the frequent visitors take care of the frequently asked questions. :)

I'm still not convinced that it's a good idea, however. I can picture discussions being quashed if they are deemed to be "frequently discussed". Maybe we could try it and see what happens, but I don't want to make a full commitment to it just yet.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Mark,

There are several good answers here. However, a new subforum that is done like the present ones won't help because if there is no posting that day then the thread goes to page two. three and on to oblivion.

I would suggest that there be a section with the best threads of the past with sub categories. If a person wanted to resurrect that thread, they would have to go to the section where it originated and go from there. The thread wouldn't be removed from the existing subforum, but rather be repeated in the Best of Best section and would not be available for posting in that section.

I think we would have to rely on you to decide which threads from the past need to remain readily available for anyone to access, especially the new members. However, members could request that certain threads be put in this section.

It would be great to be able to condense those down and remove the repeats and off topic posts from the thread but that would take a lot of work.

Also rules about nudity in avatars needs to be stated as part of joining LPSG.

ALSO. ABOUT ETIQUITE

Which of course I can't spell. I would suggest that a section for new members to read when they join and also be available to us older memhers to also read.

Such as:

How to research old threads for answers.

How to put on your personal information with your personal requests such as Jana has for new members concerning pms.

How to READ other members requests at the bottom of their posts.

Have the definition of a troll and kindly request that members not be trolls on this forum.

I don't like censorship at all and I hope we don't go to that here, but there is nothing wrong with stating what is considered good decorum in conversation here. Such as the word fuck. Using that word to describe a situation is a whole lot different than telling some one to go and fuck themselves. That is a bit harsh and keeps members at odds with each other. But saying that some public figure can go and fuck themselves is OK since this is an adult site and is not directed at a particular member.

The other suggestion is how to hide identity and still be considered honest. A user name that is obvoiusly not a person's real name and use a made up name or just say from somewhere in south name state or province or country. It is ok not to give exact birthday as long as it is within a few months. It would be unethical to state that a person is 30 years older or younger and different gender than what is really true. Also, if a person has real credintials such as a teacher, doctor, lawyer and such, it is fine to reveal that or not reveal that, but don't fake being a professoinal in a field you are not qualified in. There may be other areas that people might suggest on how to present yourself accurately but keep your personal identity a secret.

The information on penis size would be helpful to be readily available at all times. The five or six studies on penis size that have the average from 5" to 6 " with I think one study showing 6.5". With information showing that some adult penises are only 2.5 inches long erect and how many men out of 100 have a penis that is longer than say 10 inches or whatever the studies show. If all those studies were right there available, it might cut down on the Is my penis small, normal, large, too large and all the other size questions.

Also have the various studies on the growh of penises readily available. Those studies show that some guys are fully developed at age 14 and some still grow to age 25 I think, but 80 % complete penis growth sometime around age 16.

If these bits of information and similar information was right there front and center every day to new and old members, visiters and all, it would be helpful to all.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
At one point there was some talk of banning under 18's from the site. I can see exactly why that might be necessary, but the down-side as far as I am concerned is that if lpsg.org is going to be of any practical use to people who need advice and reassurance, then one very likely area of need will be among young men in their teens who are already very well hung. If they are anything like I was at their age they could be very pleased about it, but extremely anxious at the same time. If at any time they were barred, it struck me that access to a number of important threads linked to some form of large penis FAQ might be an acceptable substitute.

But even if there is no bar, the site has got so big that with limited access to the search function for standard members it is pretty well impossible to see if someone has asked your particular question beforehand without spending weeks sifting through a lot of irrelevant stuff which will be of no help. This is frustrating especially because somewhere on the site there is certain to be a thread containing a lot of high quality advice based on experience.

Sometimes I have seen newcomers castigated for asking a question that had been covered in a thread 6 months before. Without a lot of trawling, how were they to know?

My suggestions, which maybe come pretty close to what Freddie has suggested, are:

1. No need for FAQs on site use; there is already a help button.
2. A few simple statements about site protocols and good manners (if that is felt absolutely necessary).
3. Large penis advice and help (the main purpose of an FAQ): A small group of people be asked to maintain a short list of links to threads with high quality information and advice, covering the basic areas. For instance: Penetration problems and techniques (I think the most obvious set of issues); dealing with negative comments; clothing solutions; choice of condoms; prefered positions for sex; etc. It need not be a long list, maybe. I wouldn't mind helping with a bit of the work.
4. Once established, the page of FAQs and their links to related threads need only be updated occasionally, say every three or four months.

I think this might increase the usefulness of the site without too much work on anybody's part. It is based on my belief that the best thing about the site is not the camaraderie between some of its most frequent posters (enjoyable though it may be), but the practical help it offers to some people who may never post at all.

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I was going to comment this thread too but as I can´t say it any better than Max already has, I will simply second his thread.
I believe a new member´s Q&A would be most helpful.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd like to see a few ideas that get discussed to death on a FAQ, like the accepted way of measuring a penis (might help cut down the claims of 20+"), basic manners, a request to read member's tags before sending a pm, and even perhaps encouragement to participate if you think that's appropriate. I don't know if it will help, but as quickly as we add new members it really does get cumbersome. I like the idea of an intro thread, I think that would help a lot.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Lots of good thoughts here; I especially support what Mindseye and Max have said. I agree with Mark's initial sentiment that given the diversity of opinions and experiences here, it'd be hard to create a single answer to many FAQs that everyone could agree on -- that's why I like Mindseye's idea of linking to existing threads on these issues so a variety of opinions on a topic can be seen.

If it's not too much trouble, newbies might be directed somehow to the FAQs when they first join; if this feature resides passively on the site, without being called to new members' attention, it would probably be missed or ignored by many of the people for whom it is intended, defeating the whole purpose.

Steve

steve319

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by MisterMark@Jun 7 2005, 11:53 PM
I can picture discussions being quashed if they are deemed to be "frequently discussed".
Excellent point. I can certainly see relative "veterans" in a bad mood toss off dismissive replies pointing out how "that's already been discussed, noob!"

Might exacerbate the problem.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
After thinking about this for a couple of days, I've realized that there's no way I would have the time and energy to build and maintain an FAQ file.

I guess I don't understand what's wrong with simply ignoring a topic that you're tired of discussing. Luckily, there's always new members who, I think, would make comments on almost anything that comes up.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by MisterMark@Jun 9 2005, 11:49 AM
After thinking about this for a couple of days, I've realized that there's no way I would have the time and energy to build and maintain an FAQ file.

I guess I don't understand what's wrong with simply ignoring a topic that you're tired of discussing.  Luckily, there's always new members who, I think, would make comments on almost anything that comes up.
[post=319155]Quoted post[/post]​
I have reduced my suggestions and most of these have been mentoined by others as well.

I think you are right. However, some of the others have suggested some of the same things I have and here is my revised suggestions:

1. A procedure on how to navigate and read pms espcially the tags where members give instructions on pm etc.
2. A list of things that are factial. such as how to measure a penis. Links to or copied reports from all the reputable size surveys.
3. Links or copies of reputable sites that explain puberty, When Puberty starts, ends, average time penis becomes full size, all of that.
4. Links for male problems, impotence, urinary frequency, incontinance, prostate cancer etc.
5. No topic except health and physical issues should be here. No "When is it Ok to give up virginity," "What does it feel like to engage in anal sex," and on and on. Just strickly things that are factual and or the latest recommendations for health from real health professional should real health issues such as issues about testicular or prostate cancer be a topic.
6. Maybe a vocabulary chart with words that some generations might not know such as metrosexual, even LOL and other acronyms. Not sure about this idea. If you do it. people should be able to pm you with suggestions but the vocabulary chart would be ruined if everybody could post. Only you are a disignee shoud be able to revise the vocabulary chart as needed.

Again I think that some of the regulars would help. I can see Jana as the one to edit the eitquite and procedures. Jacinto would be a natural to create the dictionary for the LPSG. As for me, I see several areas, but I would only want to work on one. I think puberty would be a good one for me since I taught that for years. And I see where teams might help.

Might want to take just one suggestion and do it at a time before starting on the next one.

Good luck.

Freddie