friend, bath combo...

stevie1509

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
right to make it really simple i have a friend who i have know for many years, we went to both primary and high school together....
we've always been very close and have seen each other naked on more than once.....
how ever since we became room m8's I've he has asked me if he would be able to join me in the shower or bath...now my friend is straight and he knows i'm bi but now i'm wondering if he's curious witch woulds be fine if he just said something...

am i over thinking this??

gobigold

Cherished Member
Media
right to make it really simple i have a friend who i have know for many years, we went to both primary and high school together....
we've always been very close and have seen each other naked on more than once.....
how ever since we became room m8's I've he has asked me if he would be able to join me in the shower or bath...now my friend is straight and he knows i'm bi but now i'm wondering if he's curious witch woulds be fine if he just said something...

am i over thinking this??

If he brings it up again, and assuming you're even mildly interested, I'd just casually say "you have an open invitation, join me anytime you'd like" and see what happens from there.

Maybe he's just green and trying to save water!

D

deleted3782

Overthinking = Bad.
Showers and baths = Good.

B_Sweetcar

Sexy Member
Media
I'd say go for it too!! Not many times do we EVER get to be naked with our friends. It doesn't matter straight or not, sexual intention or not. Just a wonderful feeling to know someone WANTS to be that close to you.

That's how I'd think about it!

D

deleted3782

I'd say go for it too!! Not many times do we EVER get to be naked with our friends. It doesn't matter straight or not, sexual intention or not. Just a wonderful feeling to know someone WANTS to be that close to you.

That's how I'd think about it!

True, and sometimes hanging out with friends naked can be a cool experience...not necessarily sexual.

B_liono

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
True, and sometimes hanging out with friends naked can be a cool experience...not necessarily sexual.

Exactly! I live in Japan for my job and we have onsen here which is a public bath hot spring, people hang out and bathe nude, it's not sexual in the slightest. Nudity only become sexual when you make it so, never forget that. Which is something I hated back home, nudity is a big deal because people threw the sexual connotations on it, existing as itself there are none. It's all in your mind.

D

deleted3782

Exactly! I live in Japan for my job and we have onsen here which is a public bath hot spring, people hang out and bathe nude, it's not sexual in the slightest. Nudity only become sexual when you make it so, never forget that. Which is something I hated back home, nudity is a big deal because people threw the sexual connotations on it, existing as itself there are none. It's all in your mind.

I will be visiting the onsen in Feb :cool:

xenon-naturist

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If he brings it up again, and assuming you're even mildly interested, I'd just casually say "you have an open invitation, join me anytime you'd like" and see what happens from there.

Sounds like good advice to me... not sure about a bath unless you have a super sized one (bath that is) but showering with someone and soaping their skin and them soaping yours can be a great experience - it will be very sensual and i don't doubt you will both be rock hard, but it doesn't mean you need to ejaculate, just enjoy each others bodies.

Reactions: Geo80

D_22

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I say go for it. Doesn't need to be sexual, maybe he's just that comfy and finds it to be a fun idea.

travis1985

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Yes to all the people who say being naked together is cool and not necessarily sexual. Tell him he's welcome to join you if you don't mind allowing him to. He knows you're bi, so it's not like you're withholding any of the information he should know about this suggestion. If you're uncomfortable about what it may or may not imply, you might ask him outright:

HIM: So have you thought about what I asked about getting in the shower with you.
YOU: Yeah, it sounds fine to me. But just so we're clear, there's not a sexual element to this or anything, is there?
HIM: No, man, not at all. Just thought it might be fun and hell, we can save water.

...or...

HIM: Yeah, maybe there is. I don't know, would that be weird for you?

If you guys are close enough that you live together and he's comfortable suggesting it, you shouldn't have to hesitate if you're confused or curious about what he means by it. No need to play the mystery game. Friends can always level with each other.

D_Phil_Doneafew

Account Disabled
Media
If he asks again invite him to join you but let him be the first to make a move. If he is interested he will rise to the occasion. If not just enjoy the moment. Too many guys are freaked out about sexuality that few know how to deal with situations that defy sexuality. Two guys naked together is just that.

beltboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think you need to make sure there is a next time...invite him over. My best friend and I sort of danced around the issue for years, and then finally crossed over the line into a new era of openness which really bonded us in a different way. He has asked for this, you need to oblige, secure in the knowledge that you history of friendship is strong and can handle whatever happens.

ColonialBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
now my friend is straight
Mate, 100% straight blokes dont ask to join their roommate in the bath, we both know that. I can assure you he has some interest in you.

Like somebody else said, give an open invitation to join you when he likes, that will get him thinking. Let him make a move. A bit of gratuitous nudity in your shared room will spark interest (eg sleeping nude, changing, nude after shower etc)

Last edited: