Friend in need

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by TheIrishStallion, Apr 25, 2011.

1. TheIrishStallion

TheIrishStallion New Member

Albums:
    I have a friend who has dysmenorrhea. She usually has to endure crippling pain for an entire day each month that causes her to vomit. And since I especially hate nausea and vomiting (can't imagine anyone would enjoy it), I can imagine that it sucks. Pretty bad.

Now I've heard some different treatment options, such as lidocaine and birth control to alleviate the condition, but I want to know if there's something I can recommend to her for help.

Keep in mind that standard menstrual pain products such as Midol don't usually work for patients with dysmenorrhea. She's tried :\

2. xX_Sarah_Xx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If it's that bad, she should go and see a doctor. That's the only thing you can recommend to her really.

Hormonal balance problems, or whatever causes the menstrual pain, are tricky and differ from person to person. You do not know (or haven't given us) the circumstances. How old is she? How long has this been going on? Is the pain combined with severe blood loss or is it normal?
    All those things matter and will have an influence in what treatment the doctor recommends.

3. TheIrishStallion

TheIrishStallion New Member

Albums:
    She's been to doctors. No use so far. She's 20 and hasn't mentioned any unusual amounts of blood

Draft saved Draft deleted