friend on lpsg

budday

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am absolutely paranoid that I know all of you in RL and that one day the whole masquerade of this forum will come crumbling down.

*furtively changes disguise*

Some of you have the same mannerisms as I do... which even makes me wonder if I'm schitzophrenically posting to myself and my other personalities have different sizes of wang too...

Personally I like being a kind of anonymous member. Not that I'm unwilling to share RL experiences, I just dont want my penis to collide with my everyday life.

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a very strong suscipsion that i know two folks here. But, they haven't posted in a long while. To all you grammar/spelling police here: Sorry for the typos,,but i'm just too brain-fried right now after submitting many worksheets/papers/case studies to instructors & students to care aabout typos on here.

dickbulge

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by summertime@Apr 11 2005, 11:42 AM
I have a very strong suscipsion that i know two folks here. But, they haven't posted in a long while. To all you grammar/spelling police here: Sorry for the typos,,but i'm just too brain-fried right now after submitting many worksheets/papers/case studies to instructors & students to care aabout typos on here.
[post=299624]Quoted post[/post]​

My Gawd! If there is anything that grates on me it is the improper use of "suspicion"! Officials in Washing do it! News reporters do it! It has become pandemic!

People who use it that way sound like illiterate nincompoops.

"Suspicion" is a noun. "Suspect" is a verb . Say "I strongly suspect I know....."

hung_big: Possessiveness can be applied to a noun, can it not?

As is in the case: "I have/own a dog" or "I HAVE a SUSPISION"

Does it not work? And I learned the hard way that picking out other's mistakes is not the way to go, but at least I didn't come off as an asshole (as I was joking). I wasn't insulting people of being nincompoops :rolleyes:

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Suspect can also be a noun. As in "the usual suspects". In that case, it's an archaic passive form of suspect.

And yes, "I have a strong suspicion" is proper grammar. "Suspicion" is

1. The act of suspecting something, especially something wrong, on little evidence or without proof.
2. The condition of being suspected, especially of wrongdoing.
3. A state of uncertainty; doubt. See synonyms at uncertainty.
4. A minute amount or slight indication; a trace.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by dickbulge+Apr 11 2005, 04:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dickbulge &#064; Apr 11 2005, 04:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-summertime@Apr 11 2005, 11:42 AM
I have a very strong suscipsion that i know two folks here.
[post=299624]Quoted post[/post]​

My Gawd&#33; If there is anything that grates on me it is the improper use of "suspicion"&#33; Officials in Washing do it&#33; News reporters do it&#33; It has become pandemic&#33;

People who use it that way sound like illiterate nincompoops.

"Suspicion" is a noun. "Suspect" is a verb . Say "I strongly suspect I know....."
[post=299681]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
There is a reason I don&#39;t critisize other people&#39;s grammar. Case right here.

In the sentence "I have a very strong suspicion that i know two folks here."
The word I is a pronoun, have is a verb, a is an adjective, very is an adverb, strong is an adjective, and suspicion is a NOUN. These words by themselves make up a sentence all of its own.

I have a very strong suspicion. In parts of sentence the word I is the simple subject, have is the simple predicate and suspicion is the direct object. A very strong, all together as one phrase, modifify the word suspicion.

So people who use that choice of words may sound like nincompoops which is what you just called the person who wrote this sentence. Very tactfully I might add. And so gracious to boot.

But gramatically speaking there is nothing wrong with that sentence. There is a second sentence, "I know two folks here." It is a short sentence but it also is written perfectly. These two very simple sentences as joined by the word that. Together they make a complex sentence not to be confused by a compound sentence using and, or, but. That serves as a conjunction. Consequently in a complex sentence the part with the "that" is not considered a complete sentence but rather a modifing clause on the main sentence.

I agree that to say "I suspect there are two people here" is a better sentence. But to say the first one in grammatically incorrect is incorrect. And to say that the person who said it is a nincompoop is not only incorrrect, but extremely rude to say to a fellow person on this forum.

I strongly advise that you consider blocking my posts. You will find too many errors. If that bothers you, don&#39;t tell me. Just don&#39;t read my posts. I am sure I rank first in in the nincompoop category already which is fine. Nearly everyone here has made an error on a post so I will be in good company.

This ends your grammar lesson for the day.

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am not sure, but I know there are some neighbors who post here.

I work in academia, so I am almost certain that we have some students around. It would be awkward for a guy to come to my office and say, Dr. "Bubbles..." I would freak, hence me removing my avartar daily and not putting it up everytime i am the site.

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A friend of mine who was a member in its previous incarnation introduced me to the site. I am hoping to bring him back aboard too. We are so much alike that it is frightening.

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I already knew that I was using correct grammar. I also knew that I was spelling a particular word, incorrectly. Niccompoop, (however you spelled it) I am, so what. I come to this board to relax in between studying, teaching,etc. , converse w/ folks who can help me with difficult times that i have, and to provide answers/support/guidance to others (I hope). By the way, I think it&#39;s wild when folks &#39;mysspell&#39; something on purpose & I get the hidden meanings everytime. Only a computer breakdown, more papers to write, no longer w/ well-endowed partner (probalby would still visit anyway), or broken bones in hands will drive me away from this site. This site has been incredibly helpful&#33;