Friend request?

B_Lightkeeper

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you're requesting LPSG friendship or acknowledging them, do you check their "about me" and photos (if any) first?

I hate to admit, I usually do.

I guess that's why some have never responded! :frown1:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Of course I do! Hopefully I already know who they are, because if I don't I generally turn down the request, but I take that opportunity to see if they've added any pictures or changed anything.

joyboytoy79

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If I don't know you, and I don't know anything about you, why would I be your friend?

If we've never talked, but you say something interesting on your profile page, I'm likely to accept the friend request and THEN get to know you.

If we've never talked, and your profile page is blank, I'll send you a PM asking why you want to be friends. If you say something interesting I'm likely to accept the friend request and THEN get to know you.

If, however, we've never talked, your profile is blank and you don't respond to my PM then I have NO IDEA why you sent me a friend request, and I'm going to deny the request. And not feel guilty about it.

So, yes, I check out the "about me". :biggrin:

jojolongdong

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I always do.
Not only do I not accept 'Friendship Requests' from members without photo's,
but I also check to see if they've filled in the personal details.... otherwise I ignore them.

Filling in the profile details is just about the least anyone can do, and I know I'm not the only one who feels irritated by approaches from anonymous members hiding in the shadows, who expect; answers, friendship links, more photo's etc etc....

Joe

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yes - I want to have some idea of who I'm 'friending'. If I've had little to no interaction with them and their profile is vague or just plain blank, I'll read their post history to try and get an insight of their opinions/personality and see if they are compatible with mine.

D_Ricky Dickardo

Loved Member
Media
I never make friend requests. I am always worried that I will come off as a troll or a lech. I have had a few friend requests and I check out their info to see if we have anything in common before I add. And if I have added them and there is no interaction between us after a couple weeks, I remove them. Not trying to sound like a snob or anything, but I know what works for me.