Friends leaving the site....

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How do you guys deal with it?
I believe most of you already know that JamieFord has said goodbye on his profile.
Yes, I know that`s his desire and I have to respect that...
But it hurts....he was a smart, funny, always helpful and "if you feel down, i will fix your mood" guy.
I have never met Jamie in real life, I probably would have never met Jamie in real life, but i feel such a big void in my heart...
I only hope he will pop in chat sometimes

Get addresses. There are a number of members who have long since departed who I keep in contact with by other means.

Media
Nobody goes away for good, even the people who are supposedly banned for life.

True.

It's worse when friends have been banned—no goodbyes, instant cut offs—it takes a while to get over that.

Isn't that the point?

Most relationships here, young Luka, are ephemeral. Enjoy them for their short duration. The worthwhile relationships take time, and in the long run are worth it. I have made some great friends at this site.

Last edited:

molotovmuffin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
True that sam.... cut off from friends and people you consider family in a way. Is a very harsh punishment in some cases.

Media
True that, Sam,—cut off from friends and people you consider family in a way—is a very harsh punishment in some cases.

Punitive action is fine when it is justified and done in a professional manner, not when it is used for the possibility of one's own agenda and then leaked to the membership. When a banning is enacted but then is allowed to become subject matter to bash a banned member, then it becomes a problem. Banning should be only between the member in question and the LPSG Administrators. In some cases in the past—to justify and reinforce the ban—the reason for the banning became enhanced and then circulated. The myth became fact. Kotchanski and Pecker have made great efforts to curtail this by posting Moderator Actions—which reveals what happens in a concise professional way that is respectful to those banned, and closing breaches of information and discussion that do not need to happen. Fortunately, for those that would like to be reinstated, the possibility now exists. Wait some time, email Kotchanski, if there are any personal concerns—ask to have it done at the Administrative level, and present your case. You will be treated in a dignified and professional manner however it works out.

Last edited:

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A website is only as good as the contributors and how inclusive people feel about using the site. If a friend leaves a website forum...they probably felt it wasn't serving their needs and found others that did.

I left FACEBOOK. I left MySpace. I left XPEEPS. I left PlanetOut. I left Gay.com. I even left another VBulletin forum site dedicated to rollercoaster fans.

Sometimes you can go to a certain level at a website and you leave. Find other interests in a happier space.

Media
A website is only as good as the contributors and how inclusive people feel about using the site. If a friend leaves a website forum...they probably felt it wasn't serving their needs and found others that did. Sometimes you can go to a certain level at a website and you leave. Find other interests in a happier space.

A great response from one of the intelligent and inclusive writers at this site.