Friends that talk too much

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
I just feel like ranting a little. I have this friend who I should know better but I always slip and say something when I am drunk and it gets out to the person I did not want to hear about it. I mean my best friend is pretty bad about that too but he lives in a different city so it is not as bad w/him anymore. And my best friend will not deny he said it either. He is quick to say he was drunk and most likely did blurt it out.

But back to my friend who I hang out w/on the weekends alot. I mean you can straight up tell him not to say anything when I slip and say something but what does he do - go run his mouth about. I mean he has told my best friend's girlfriend stuff that happens when we go out and he doesn't even get along w/my best friends girlfriend so I don't see why he does it. He denys it everytime when we confront him over it. But other than that which sucks the guy is a really cool guy. I just think he has some maturing to do. But what would you do w/a friend like that. I mean I really believe you need peeps to talk to.

I feel bad because I was talking to a mutual friend last night and he was telling me how he and that guy had a long conversation Saturday night. I told him to not tell him anything he does not want repeated. I felt bad about it but it was true.

Bongermann: I had a friend talk to a cop asking him whether he "remembered him" from this incident or that incident. I almost smacked him in the face, but that would have landed me worse off. Other than him not caring what he says hes a pretty cool guy though, nice too. Horrible kisser though... ;)

hung_big: But I've noticed alot of these types of people aren't worth the trouble, because they don't view friendship as a bond and they don't keep their trap shut when someone confides in them. Seriously though, people like that tend to ruin friendships, talk shit and get a whole group rowled in only a moment's notice.

I wouldn't bother. I don't have any friends like that, who say everything to everyone. Those people tend to be assholes, no offence to anyone's friends who are like that.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have plenty of friends that cant help but run their mouths off, and want to know everything, all the time.

It annoys me that when I dont want to tell them something, and I make it clear I dont want to tell them something, every singly *Expletive* hole in the conversation will be filled with "Yea, so, what was this thing you didnt want to tell me?" GAH! It drives me mad! If I dont want to tell somebody something, I wont! If they dont want to tell me, I dont ask again! Why cant they show me the same courtesy?!?

But, yeah I am jsut careful with what I tell them, and will often right out say to them that I dont want to tell them something and to mind their own buisiness...

But Im blunt like that :p

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'll tell you what worked for me when I noticed that a friend of mine tended to broadcast my buisness to the world. I 'accidently' leaked some contrived information that everyone else who knew me knew to be inaccurate. When it became known that he was spewing false gossip, they really stopped listening to what he said because he was known to spread shit that wasn't true.