Friends with Benefits

DoubleXL

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hey, there -

I've been on the board here for a while now but have never posted. I really enjoy reading a lot of the discussions, and appreciate the folks who ask serious questions and the folks who provide thoughtful responses and even some good-natured kidding.

Over the last year, I've been hitting the gym hard starting with a circuit for weight loss and have recently moved to a strength endurance program. (I remember that my stated goal to the trainer when I started was "I want to see my abs without needing an x-ray to do so." :smile:) Anyway, I'm not sure what it is, but during this period my sex drive has sky-rocketed. It's great, but masturbating three and four times a day so I can focus on my work makes one look for a little more variety. :wink:

That said, my question involves the steps to establishing a "friend with benefits" relationship. I have more than one female friend who I think might be up for it but don't necessarily want to screw up the friendship I already have with these women by broaching the subject. (And to clarify, i certainly wouldn't try it with more than one at a time. Other might, but that just ain't me.)

I would be grateful to here from men and women who may have been in similar situations and were able to pull it off (so to speak) and how you went about it.

Thanks in advance for your time! Hope you're all having a great New Year so far.

Cheers,
Mark

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
FWB is something I've only ever done with new friends. I don't risk existing friendships, because my guess is the odds of a crash and burn are high.

Establishing a girl as a fuck buddy/FWB is the same as finding one to date, just with a different end game. You just be honest about what you expect from the relationship and keep looking til you find someone with similar ambitions. Same as dating.

DoubleXL

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for the response - much appreciated! I was thinking that may be the way to go.