Friendship requests?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Lightkeeper, Mar 14, 2012.

1. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Fine. First thing tomorrow morning. I'm too tired now.

2. B_Hickboy

B_Hickboy New Member

Lazy bitch.

3. lms28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I *did* accept you as a friend, and I was happy to do it!

You know, because your profile didn't seem creepy. :)

#23 lms28, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  4. SprinkleMe69

Verified Gold Member

Verified:
    Photo
    I've cleaned out friends list a few times. I've been denying any I get. Why accept? We can all enjoy each other without the fake friend connection.

5. lms28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I really wasn't pandering! But, thank you, Meg. :)

6. lms28

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Oh, and of course I'm still around. Where the hell else would I go?

7. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

How does one retract a friendship request? I went through and found some that I think have been on requested for a good while. A few have even been banned.

8. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I know you weren't. I just don't recall ever actually removing you, mainly because I don't see any reason why I would. We were chat buddies back in the day and there was no bad blood between us, I never had any reason to remove you. :tongue: I know that I didn't remove you today, so that tells me you got removed at an earlier point... just not sure when!

9. poultrygal

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo

I agree, I am very picky about who gets on my friend list. I have some very private photos :wink: and don't share them with just anyone.

10. LaFemme

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I don't accept random requests. If someone makes an effort to pm me first, great - but if that's the only time I ever see/hear from them, they'll get culled from the list at some point.

I don't have to have private contact with people I accept on my list - if I know you from the forums, I'll be more than happy to accept your request. I like knowing when my favourite posters are online!

11. dude_007

Gold Member

I don't disintegrate

12. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

I'd be worried about your status as a human being if you did...

13. OhWiseOne

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    When I first came to lpsg I would accept any and all requests, sorta like collecting shells on the beach. As time has went by my list has actually gotten smaller. Not because I dislike someone I just don't feel the need to collect contacts. If I want to send someone a msg. I'm sure I can find them.

14. Hoss

Gold Member

Albums:
    If someone reaches out I don't take offense to it. Whether they have photos or not is really not the draw for me and I have little use for people so shallow as to make that their requirement. Those that have reached out to me have done so for whatever their reason, but at least I know it wasn't because of appearance.

Many people do not have photos for any number of reasons. Mine are completely legitimate and related to a legal matter regarding my work situation. If any photos are found to have been sent by me, I lose the remaining time of my 'employment' (I am on suspension until retirement, receiving 3/4 percent salary). If I violate the agreement between the city, the union and myself, I will be terminated and my pension will be cut in half, as well as a full return of all salary received since charges first were brought against me. Other people have their own reasons for not having photos. I looked at a profile once of a member here after reading a post of theirs and their photos consisted of several shirts. No face or body, just shirts! It was actually fun.

A small profile blurb, and at least a few posts is all that really matters.

15. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

I have been warned by a moderator that some of my photos either posted or added to my albums may have violated copyrights and requested for me to remove them. I will gladly do IF I knew which ones? To my knowledge I have never submitted such however I will refrain from adding new material and seeking or accepting friend request. :frown1:

#35 B_Lightkeeper, Mar 15, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  16. TheBestYouCan

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    All me naky bits are in my private albums.. thus why all the gay boys get rejected out of hand. Sorry gay boys :/

It does give me a taste of what you women go through.

PM or Public Message: Hey man, sweet pics.

:Followed by soon to be rejected friend request::

::Or no message, just friend request::

17. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

You have loverly naky bits, Mr TBYC. :tongue:

18. rbkwp

Gold Member

Albums:
    Never reject a friendship request, and never send one out, ( protective mechanism - life long phobia of rejection)
    Whole thing is no biggie for me, maintain friendships lpsg by pm, not for others to know of, on the official list'
    Figure compatibility is formed and known from the outset, if not thats fine.
    are a few that i admire as per username and even avatar choice, if our paths ever cross by whatever means, all well & good .... if not all well & good.

19. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

+1

I do not accept random requests... though I continue to get them on a daily basis.

Doesn't mean I don't wanna be your friend (and I use that term loosely, for there are many pple here that I'd call 'friend' but are not on my list for various reasons)

It means I don't know anything about you and cannot make that distinction yet.

20. D_Kitten_Kaboodle

D_Kitten_Kaboodle Account Disabled

Go to your Control Panel (CP) and under "Networking" click "Contacts and Friends" and you can edit your list there (just uncheck the ones you have sent reqeusts to that you wish to remove... they should be listed with a comment "Friendship Requested"

Looking at your album there is one picture of a very young, tanned and handsome man and the picture is called "Son of a Beach"... I would imagine this is you in your "younger days"?? But it appears to be presented as a current day pic.... Might want to clarify that on your description.. You can Edit your Picture and change that.

I've noticed that lots of people post pictures of their younger days. Many will identify that, but there are some that want pple to think that is how they still look 30 yrs later. (Although you seem to also have a current pic of you up as well.) blah blah blah ... I know ... rambling, but hope it makes sense.

Draft saved Draft deleted