Friendships

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by luvmycock, May 13, 2010.

1. luvmycock

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    i have a question about this site. why is it that people do not accept friend requests? i understand if you do not know the person, but on the other hand is that not one of the reasons for this site? to meet new people? also if you have messaged the person, commented on their pics, then you send a request and it just says friendship requested. even if the person is online or has been on recently.

i dont know is it just me?

2. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

If some people don't take the effort to talk with you, or even leave a message, why should you accept a friendshiprequest? It's not that they start talking with you when you accept, your just a number on their list of friends.

3. invisibleman

Gold Member

Some people on social networking sites like facebook, MySpace, Gay.com, PlanetOut, Gaydar, and ManHunt. They can be like that. If you don't look a certain way or act a certain way...you aren't gonna be their "friend" when you request it. That is just standard weeding out. I respect that.

There was a guy who requested my "friendship" on my defunct yet still active MySpace account. And he was Conservative politically by what I read content-wise on his MySpace account. I sent that guy a message asking him: how did he come about my MySpace account and why did he want to be my friend based on the content of his account? He never responded to my inquiries so he got rejected as a "friend".

On LPSG...I usually will accept a friend request. I don't go around requesting people to be my friend because I believe...if you feel a sense of kindredship with me based on what I write on here...you can request my friendship...but I am not gonna feel bad if people aren't requesting me. I respect that. I don't want everyone as a friend. People have a right to choose.

4. indurance

indurance New Member

Albums:
    Quote;one of the rewards of a good friendship is an almost total ignorance of you friend's secrets.

5. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

I don't know what it means to be a friend on these message board sites and so I don't accept them. Nor do I seek them out. I like the personalities on certain message boards like this; the discussions and the levels thereof and therefore keep coming back for the site publicly offers.

Perhaps I can be educated as to what it means to be a friend through a message board site. Are there any obligations once you accept?

6. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Only people on my friend's list can read my blog or see my albums, so I am selective about my friend's list. It's meaningful to me. My friend's list provides certain people more access to my private life.

I regularly go through my friend's list and if I don't recognize a name because we don't interact enough on the forums, in chat, or through PMs for me to recognize your name, I'll probably unfriend you. It's not personal, we just aren't interacting enough here for me to leave you on my friend's list.

7. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    This is the way I feel about it. I know that you friended me and I was NOT trying to be rude to you. I had just decided yesterday to stop accepting friend requests from people I had not spoken with on the forum.

8. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    We've talked a lot on the forums and you accepted my friend request! You weren't rude at all.

9. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    LOL No not you Petite I'm talking to the OP. I was just saying I agreed with what you said:biggrin1: Your awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee of course I'm accepting your request!!!!

10. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Oh! Oops! :tongue:

I think you're awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, too!

11. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    You've become one of my banter people and I love it, because on a normal day I'm extremely hyper and being stuck and the chair all day it's good to chit chat about different stuff keeps my mind from wandering into unknown places:biggrin1: as if it's not there already!

12. dolfette

Gold Member

i think it's weird that anyone should think i'm obligated to interact with them just because we're on the same site.
    or why someone is obligated to interact with you just because you liked ogling their pics.
    i'm not here to meet people. i'm here to discuss issues in threads and meeting people is a byproduct.

13. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yup! I agree with you. Which is why I was torn about taking them down. Because I look at some of the guys pic's mostly now just when they post something and I'll leave them a comment on their pic. A few I've said thank you for posting what you did. I HAVE NOT sent anything creepy (as of this time) just kidding. Not being on here to troll I just realised that I don't HAVE to respond to the creepiness I can just delete it. I deleted everything and started kind of over. :rolleyes:

14. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    I don't think I've sent any creepy PMs, but I think I've left a few photo comments for a few gay men that may have bordered on creepy. I just feel more freedom to be honest since I know they wouldn't have any interest in me. :tongue:

15. dolfette

Gold Member

friends lists are cool here because i can, at a glance, see which of the cool people are posting and, as petite said, i can see blogs & pics that are set to private.
    i don't understand the motivation behind sending out dozens of friend requests to people you never post with, who don't know you from adam. nobody gets a prize for having the longest friends list.

i just think it's weird.

16. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Yeah that was a joke I'm not sending any creepy PM's. And I've left I'm sre my fair share of comments on the gay guys stuff. But heck if I clicked on a girls stuff and she was naked I'd leave a comment there too. :tongue:

17. dolfette

Gold Member

i don't think i've ever sent a pm about someone's pics.
    there's space to leave comments in their galleries and i feel like that's where the comments belong.
    shit, if everyone stuck to that rule a lot more ladies would have pics up.

i can be incredibly creepy but i save that for people who'll really appreciate it. people i've been flirting with for weeks.

18. OCMuscleJock

Gold Member

Albums:
    the only times i dont accept a request is IF they do not have pics. IF they do not have pics but do talk to me in msgs. *gotta be something of substance or relevance not you're hot or something like that* ..then I'll accept them. As I see it...if someone wants to be your friend...it's either they want to start a friendship for real or it's a compliment...they like your look/pics or something you have said has made an impact on them in some way. Either way it's a compliment and they want to have a quick reference point to view you again or see what you're talking about in the forums. I don't understand why people get all hung up on the REAL aspect. Rarely will you actually meet someone from a forum site...but in a few cases on here...I have and all have been great experiences...*no not all have been hook ups...some clients...some I've met for dinner or hanging out*

19. HiddenLacey

Gold Member

Albums:
    Mine would be! Seriously I got 2-3 SPH pm's AFTER I took down all the others yesterday. I don't remember if it was 2-3 because I deleted them. It was like as soon as I said that was why I took them down got a few in a row. I was like COME ON GUYS!

20. petite

petite New Member

Albums:
    Ha! My signature says that I'm engaged and I still get an occasional PM from a stranger wanting something from me!

Draft saved Draft deleted