"Frigid!" what the....

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
walked in on a "charming" coversation at work about my sexuality and my lack of it and got pronounced "frigid".
Why is it that men resort to calling a woman "frigid" when company rules state that there is not to be any fratenization between work mates.
Plus if I was to flirt or even date one of the guys word would get out...some of the lunch time gossips are just disgusting and who in their right mind would wan't to undermind their professional standing.
It's an ugly, ugly word used by jerks to soothe their egos because the woman doesn't find them attractive.
###sorry!! Just venting

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I understand your frustration, but look on the bright side...it's not you.

If awareness of your sexuality were the case with these people (with whom you have no intention of flirting or fucking anyhow), the only difference in their regard of you would be their choice of label, i.e. you'd be loose/whore/slut instead of frigid. You can't win with such small-minded types...and even if you could, why would you want to?

That is over the top. I don't know what protections you have down under but seriously consider talking to the HR if you do not care to set these guys right.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's ok...I'm over the rush of blood to the head and the need to rant....
Has any other lady here ever been called frigid.....
and guys what do you think of THAT word??

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I haev never called a woman frigid, since I really wouldn't know until we were naked whether she was or not.

Sounds like some douchebags trying to peer pressure you into taking your panties off for them.

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Maintaining professionalism can lead to a lonely work life Dragonfly. Keep in mind, that the people there are doing activities for 10 hours a day that is downright meticulous and often boring. Anyone and everyones personal life becomes a way to break the monotony.

Those who are calling you frigid, are either looking to hook up with you, or they are least want some sort of gossip about you to spice up the usually mundane work day.

I am the exact same way as you describe, mainly because I would never drag my life's events into work for other's amusement.

Women with whom I work either consider me mysterious or uptight. Either way...I don't give a damn :)

By the way...when I think of "frigid"...I think of no sense of humor or empathy. At least in my book (?)

...OB

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
walked in on a "charming" coversation at work about my sexuality and my lack of it and got pronounced "frigid". Your sex life or lack their of should never be fodder for office chat.
Why is it that men resort to calling a woman "frigid" when company rules state that there is not to be any fratenization between work mates. Most companies worldwide have those rules and most people ignore them. You said no to someone so instead of assuming you want to keep your job they took it personally and decided to call you frigid. It's like when some women get mad at a guy and say he has a small dick.
Plus if I was to flirt or even date one of the guys word would get out...some of the lunch time gossips are just disgusting and who in their right mind would wan't to undermine their professional standing. Men like that probably dont even think women should be allowed to work. It's an ugly, ugly word used by jerks to soothe their egos because the woman doesn't find them attractive.
###sorry!! Just venting

Place a complaint. No one should have to put up with that shit!
You are right but unfortunately that often does nothing but make the situation worse as the people in HR don't want to deal with the hassle.

frizzle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
Pansexual
Basically it all depends on the situation, but I don't see this case being strong enough to file for a complaint. If you feel offended do so, but for someone reason I don't think you do.

Anyway, there is nothing wrong with being frigid or slutty, don't see either as an insult.