From Briefs to Boxers

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by littlebigmaninNC, Feb 17, 2008.

1. littlebigmaninNC

littlebigmaninNC New Member

I'm giving it another try -- switching from briefs to boxers. Main motivation this time is to reduce the itching by letting more air circulate, but like the first time I tried to switch in my early 20's, I have to get used to constantly flopping around, which gives me mixed feelings. In a way its nice to be aware of my tool, and in a way its aggravating, especially since there are times when it feels like I'm being played with, and getting bigger, self-conscious that everyone will see my schlong, which as a classroom lecturer would be distracting and embarrassing.You'd think my foreskin would give better shielding than that, but it doesn't.

This leads me to ask in a poll:

2. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    Have you tried a medicated powder such as gold bond for the itching? It may be an alternative to swithing to boxers.

3. SpeedoMike

Gold Member

I've always worn briefs or low-rise briefs by choice. some of us need "support", as in keeping a hard-on contained. :doh:

4. superslam

superslam New Member

i dont see how people with any sort of a package can wear briefs. i tried it recently out of humor to see what kind of bulge it would make...the next morning i was in so much paing from having my dick folded on itself.

5. alex8.5

Gold Member

Albums:
    Briefs are too uncomfortable to wear when your hung. Commando is best, or a jock once in a while. boxers good around the house.

6. D_Jurgen Klitgaard

D_Jurgen Klitgaard Account Disabled

I recently tried boxer briefs out after wearing boxers for a few years, but I think I have grown. Boxer briefs used to not be this uncomfortable. It's not terrible, but they ride up more. They do make a nice bulge and even moreso when I get a boner, but it hurts.:mad:

I still like boxers best.

7. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    It can be done. If you buy briefs that are roomy enough, pull your dick up and around the side past the fly. The elastic of the leg opening should keep it right there. Boxers are more fun to wear than briefs IMO. The boys like room.

8. bigtwin

bigtwin Member

Albums:
    If the question is underwear for the hung then I recommend Underarmour. Still, Gold Bond does wonders for chaffing etc.

9. prepstudinsc

Gold Member

I swtched in college after always having to buy larger sized briefs than my waist was in order to have enough room. A year or so ago, I bought some briefs, just to see what the big deal was. I had an obscene bulge, so I promptly put them in my dresser drawer and haven't worn them since.

10. rimmer9

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm between 5.5 - 6" when soft and i wear boxer briefs, 2xist, ck's, prada etc. As long as they aren't too tight i much prefer them. Have tried boxers and commando and sorry guys i just hate to feel my knob rubbing my thigh.

11. dyldo1

dyldo1 New Member

Albums:
    i am going through the same issues. i have always worn boxer briefs or tanga style underwear(tighty whities.) the problem i am having now is that the older i am getting the more my cock hangs soft. i am only 31 but have noticed it alot, my ball have also begun to hang and i dont know why, my exs have always said i had the tightest balls ever and now the are hangy.
    I tried to wear boxers the other day but totaly soft you could see the head of my cock hanging on the inside of my leg and when i sat down it shot up the leg so bad i made one of my clients blush. not good in meetings would have been great in a bar.
    Any advise on this,

12. widenine

widenine New Member

Albums:
    I love the look of bright white brief, full cut, not low risers. To compensate for my size, I simply buy two sizes larger. They hang slightly on the waist, but leave plenty of room for the bulge. And it looks good.

13. B_625girth

B_625girth New Member

I wear briefs and have tried boxers and boxer briefs. I wear my jeans(501's) fairly snug, and found the leg portion of boxers and boxer briefs just creep up and then get all scrunched up. I am more of a grower than a shower, so briefs are fine with me. I stretch them out to make a bigger pouch, and just buy the common brands, Hanes is what I have worn for a few years, BVD before that. Jockey made some cotton briefs a few years back with a large front pouch, and you kinda of flipped the pouch down to take a pee, instead of out the side. they gave you a nice bulge in your pants and were very comfortable. a little expensive. my wife bought some bikini underwear for me after we were married, it was pretty funny, because I can't fit my junk in those things. she wound up wearing them.

14. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I'm a boxer guy and can't deal with snug fitting underwear anymore. If you're in a business setting, choose your pants wisely if you're going to wear boxers. Wear medium to dark colors, make sure that the pants aren't too snug, and you should be good to go.

15. BigMeatNJ

Gold Member

Albums:
    I don't know how once you get used to the freedom of boxers (or commando) you can ever go back on a regular basis to being crammed into tight briefs. just my hunble opinion and experience when I was a teen.

sdbg likes this.
  16. bayonet

bayonet New Member

Boxer briefs are my preference, as long as they're not tight-fitting. Breathing room is important.

17. Max

Max New Member

Briefs v boxers is a pretty bad choice to have to make IMHO.

Briefs give you a certain amount of support; boxers give you room and freedom. But if you need both support and a lot of room (as well as freedom to breathe and grow) you haven't got a lot of choice. If I wear most regular briefs I feel cramped to the point of pain, if I wear boxers a dull ache in the groin is pretty well inevitable. Boxer-briefs might be an option for some, but I find that as soon as I start moving I flop right out of the pouch and end up with no support, which won't work for me.

I go for a (custom fit) jockstrap under loose boxers, which holds me pointing up against my stomach, and supports my balls out in front and minimises friction with my thighs. So long as the pouch is big enough and the elastic is snug enough fitting along the sides of the pouch, the weight is supported, an erection need not be a disaster, and everything stays where it belongs.

18. sdbg

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I agree with BigMeatNJ. I don't even like wearing briefs to run/work out anymore. For me, support is overrated and freedom is preferred.

Draft saved Draft deleted