From "just good friends" to "hot lovers"

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by dongalong, Oct 7, 2006.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

There is a girl that I went to school with that grew into a really hot babe! I didn't really know her well but we have been getting on well recently.

The problem is that she has made it clear that we are just good friends :mad:. I'm not really her type - she goes for "bad boys" even though she has been beaten and abused by them in the past.

Anyone been in a similar situation and managed to turn a platonic friendship into a sexual one?

2. fratpack

Gold Member

Albums:
    Well, from the gay side, I have to say that I met my bf in college during Pledge Week and we became best friends. We hooked up a few times during the four years of college and when it came time to graduate, we realized we couldn't go our separate ways and we've been together ever since. Not one day do either one of us regret this choice.

3. smoothrnb

Gold Member

Albums:
    I met my partner in graduate school and became good friends. He took a job in another state and was gone for several years. In the time that he was gone, I came out and started dating men. We became a couple after he moved back to the area and "reacquainted" with each other. We have been together for almost 8 years and are very happy!

4. D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah Account Disabled

Thoes stories just had me happy & sad at the same time

Even though i have been attracted to male friends ive never had one where i felt i HAD to sleep with him and initiate a relationship.

5. traithoinay

traithoinay New Member

life is hard, i just wish you can find the one you are meant to be with for the rest of your life and just stick with it, but it just doesn't seem to happens for me. i had been attracted to many girl who end up being my best friends for some weird reason. idk i guess i just flurt the wrong way or something because we flurt with each other a lot, but i never have the corriage to ask her out or something, and then i just end up losing her. and i guess the reason why i am such a coward to ask them out is because i been turn down before, and i just don't want to risk my friendship over it. Last semester, i was thinking of giving guys a chance because maybe thats what i am into, and i end up doing all kind of shit for this guy(nothing sexually), because we are so much a like, i basically shared my whole lifestory and shit with him, but this semester he just basically cut me out of his life, and when i look back i feel so use, all the money and shit that i spend during our time and friendship, well i keep ranbling on about nothing good luck man

6. OmahaBeef

Gold Member

Platonic turned sexual has time and again proven to be disasterous to me...

It "weirds out" one or both of us...and the tension afterwards kind of dampens the relationship.

But even knowing better, I am guilty of still not turning it down.

Come to think of it...there is no such thing as a platonic friendship between men and women. ONE of them at least will be hot for the other. Maybe I am just a jerk, but I couldn't imagine having anything in common with a woman I am not fucking.

*sigh* another daily reminder that I am going to hell...

...OB

7. karmen

karmen New Member

Albums:
    Good friends to hot lovers. Hmmmm. I don't know. There seems to be two opinions on the subject. 1. Yes, it's possible and 2. No, it's not possible.

In my lifetime, sadly, I've never managed to retain a strictly friendship relationship with a male.

It's not that I don't want to do so but the men I've been involved with seem to:

1. pretend to be friends so that they can hang around with me until they catch me at a weak moment

2. As soon as they find out that I am not attracted to them sexually, they fade away.

3. We do have a casual friendship but as soon as they get involved in a sexual relationship, I'm out of the picture because their current babe doesn't want me in the picture. Sigh! Why? Why? Why? We ARE just friends.

The only men who I seem to be able to maintain any type of relationship with are gay or bi-sexual men. They definately don't want anything from me. LOL.

The friends first concept is a good one but I find that most men don't want to hang around long enough for that to be a true concept. They always seem to want to know how soon the sex is gonna start. LOL. :rolleyes:

Sorry to carry on. Emotionally and sexually, 2006 has been a very dry year for me. The ONLY type of stimulation I've been getting this year is intellectual (reading, book signings, boating and, of course, this site) and physically (yeah, for exercising). And luckily a couple of oral encounters :wink: .

I am begining to feel like Quasimodo's little sister. Uggggh!

Hugs and Kisses,

Sweet Karmen

8. dongalong

Gold Member

Wow Karmen, you said it all in your post!

I am currently type 2 - fading away. Maybe when we meet up in a few years things might be different.

I don't enjoy being in her presence because my big bamboo keeps growing down my leg and I can't help him out :rolleyes: , there is nothing more boring than hearing about a woman's relationship disasters (especially when my big bamboo can't wait to help out:wink: ), being told "let's just be friends" is the worst thing a guy can hear from someone he is attracted to and a guy has to be quite sad or masochistic to hang around.

Fading away gives time for things and ideas to change, if there is a next time.

Karmen, maybe you need a vacation in Paris! :wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted