From lardy to lean, who long does it take?

Discussion in 'Underwear, Clothing, and Appearance Issues' started by dongalong, Aug 4, 2009.

1. dongalong

Gold Member

I'd like to rediscover my six-pack again soon, I haven't been able to go to the gym recently due to financial constraints but have been riding my bicycle a lot.
    I seem to be stable at around 20% body fat but I'd like to get closer to 10%.

What is the best way to achieve this?
    How long should it take?

What do bodybuilders do to get below 5%?

#1 dongalong, Aug 4, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. WellHung83

Gold Member

Albums:
    It really comes down to a strict diet although I hate to use that term, and a rigorous work out regime that really kicks your butt into high gear and strips the fat and builds the muscle. A common mistake is that people lay off the weights and only focus on the cardio when trying to loose body fat, but in actuality you should really be doing both as the more muscle the build the more your body needs to feed the growing body and so in turn it will help you loose the fat you have by literally feeding it to your growing muscles for energy.

As for myself I am doing weights for a times a week, with doing a lot of spin classes when I can fit them in to really rev up my metabolism and keep it burning. Spin is great for getting your heart rate up and burning calories and thus fat as it is interval training and so it really keeps your temperature up and heart rate going. Another class you should look to try is either a boxingg / aerobic style class along the lines of tai bo that not only gives you a great cardio workout but also a good muscle work out as well.

On a side note, another added bonus when doing spin it really helps build and bulk up your legs and especially your bum if that is one area you want to add size and shape to as well.

3. HaroldZoid

HaroldZoid New Member

I agree with what was said here. Fitness is very important. It's funny though, when I didn't have any money I was in better shape than I am now. I'm stronger now, but my BF has gone up as well. Like WellHung, I used to do the bicycle and I currently lift 3-4 times a week. I used to do aerobics and that worked really well. Think I'm going to start that again. It's time.

I'm not sure if it's safe to go below 5%. I would think the mid to upper single digits would be fine. Check out these profiles, they are cut!

Bodybuilding.com - ChickenTuna's BodySpace

Bodybuilding.com - jxpop's BodySpace

Regards

4. dongalong

Gold Member

That guy has 5.8% body fat, he is the same height as me and weighs 10kgs less. :eek: Thanks for that link, it has given me a target!

The good thing about being that lean is you don't need so much muscle to look good!

5. teutonicos

teutonicos Member

Albums:
    How come bodybuilders rarely show cock ?

6. dongalong

Gold Member

7. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    despite what people say, bodyfat under 5% is exceedingly rare and in fact unhealthy

what kind of shape are you in presently

8. Valiumland

Valiumland New Member

The reason bodybuilders don't show cock is that so many of them are on steroids which make your junk shrivel.

9. dongalong

Gold Member

I don't want to get that lean but I'd like to know what they do to get that way. 10% is my goal.
    I currently have a thin layer of fat that smooths out my muscle definition but I can't pinch more than an inch of flab anywhere.

Draft saved Draft deleted