From Southern England, now introducing WEN

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi everyone,

0.01% of people here may of heard of me, from other areas of the internet, but for those who don't know me, here is an introduciton about myself.

My full nick isn't WessexEN, it is Wessex_Electric_Nutter (often shortened to WEN), but the nick does have its problems with other forums, that it is too long! More later.

I am from Southern England, well, West Sussex to be more precise, half way between Portsmouth and Brighton, north of the Selsey peninsular but south of the South Downs for those that know the area well. I am currently studying in a College in Hampshire, about 2 miles from Havant (Again for those who know the area well) and currently studying IT Software Development, I have previously studied Art at the same college and IT at another college nearer to my home.

I am currently 20 years of age, a 6ft 2in tall red headed male (although, the likelyhood of you seeing my hair tends to be a bit remote as there is always snow ontop of my head! :tongue: ), currently single (3 years and counting) and I certaintly do not fit the UK govermonts outlook on children/teenagers/etc, I am the complete opposite end.

My hobbies mainly include Railways (Modern image interest, my main interest is the years between 1955 to 2005 and our infamous slam door trains, although, my nick is from somewhere else, sometimes extending out to their current replacements and earlier examples. Iam not really interested in Steam for some reason.).
I am also very much a computing perosn, I work with Macintosh computers as well as PCs and I am currently a beta tester (pre-release tester) for a software company known as Auran, hence the Mac. I don't currently have a job (shame on me), but at home, I am generally Mr Fix it when it comes to IT equipment and failures. Usually, I am found in my room making a 3D object with my Rail interest, or designing something, or fixing computers, stip down and rebuilds of various items of equipment.
I also live in a household that has about 4 Irish setter dogs (3 red and white and a red, pics will be posted when requested), which all have their individual charicteristics, including Charlie, the laptop destroyer!

I live with my parents and one of the 2 sisters that are within the same family. yes they can be bad at times, but they are sisters, what else do you expect? :)

I also work for a chairty shop voluntarily with the eventual aim of gainign a part time job that I am leaving open to interest.

Going personally, the basic stats are above, and interest, but there are a few more things to discuss.
Currently, I considered as "disabled", no, not physically unfit, but mentally, a condition that falls under the Autistic Spectrum Disorder. It is known as Aspergers Syndrome, a condition which I am open and honest about, it does explain a lot of things, including my interests, but also behaviour. Those who know nothing about the condition, I'd advise them to read a little more about it.
It is quite a recent discovery, as late as 1944, hence if you have never heard of it, that is probably one reason why.
(those that aren't against Wikipedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers_Syndrome )

The other is that those with the condition will and often appear very normal and lead normal lives but don't know they have the condition. Other people often wonder about the "strange" behaviour and it is often mis interpereted as a fault with the person, a state that the person is in or apart of their "rude" or "aggressive" charictor, which infact it isn't. Also, AS has been known to include OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder), which explains other strange behaviour from individuals. But having a condition like this isn't a good or bad thing, just neutral and I speak from experience.

As for my sex life? I usually keep that a secret, but in relation to the forum, I am not sure where I fit in yet, all I will say is that I am currently a (dreadded) virgin, so therefore, I won't be able to relate to some topics! :)

Other than that, thats all there is to say about me, I hope this has been of interest to some people if not for others

smoothrnb

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Welcome, WEN, to LPSG! Thanks for sharing details about yourself in your intro. This group is fun and very lively. I encourage you to join in by posting. Enjoy....:smile:

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
agentblueuk said:
interesting intro, what are you looking for from LPSG ?
Are you well hung, or just like the idea of chatting to very relaxed, open and honest guys (and some girls) online ?

Honesty, being young, single, etc and finding out this place by mistake(!) (I was looking for a entry in "The Regiester" about laptops and the burn marks they can give) and found this place. I saw one thread which interested me in particular, is about reds. I however see things from my Point of View (POV) and what I feel society is upto, negative and positive.

But as a pholosophy, I try to hide as little as possible, but then again, I keep my sex life well guarded secret, in the right place with the right people, I would be more confortable of opening up.

P.s. I hope my avatar is appopiate, I was thinking of changing it for some 3D work, when I get more done. Its the college holidays atm, oh wait, I am not booked in on Thursdays or Fridays.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
Hi WEN,

Fellow UK based IT professional and transport nut here. Hope that you enjoy the many strange and curious (and equally fascinating) discussions that go on here.

N

komodoman

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
All are welcome here WEN...do join in the discussions when the urge hits you. You'll find it all stimulating. (Now I know who to run to with computer questions!)

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you all for the introduction, it now feels like a second home here, despite being here for a few days.
I suppose its time for me to show another image of myself, there is already one posted, this was taken by a user in Trainz known as "Louise_T", another rail enthusiast.
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]Originally posted by Louise_T
Here is a pic of Russell setting up his shot of us all at the pub.
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica]

(Yes, my real name is Russell!)
[/FONT]

I went upto London to see a group in July 2006 and had a whale of a time, everyone else apart from me (and the kid there) got drunk though! :) (I just stayed on the soft drinks!) Yes, smoke, lapotps and drinks aglore I just had to take my PC and my mac though :eek: (I am a nutcase, what do you expect? :p Well, actually there is a simplier explanation, its all to do with the software I use TBH, both not compatible with either types of computers, but necessary for me to use.). 15kg of equipemnt on the london underground isn't a good idea though.
And as for the "rather dashing hat", the sun and my skin isn't exactly friends with one or another, ofcourse, I burn easily due to my hair colour, so extra precautions have to be taken! :( Mind you, we experienced tempratures well in excess of 29C that day!

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
All are welcome here WEN...do join in the discussions when the urge hits you. You'll find it all stimulating. (Now I know who to run to with computer questions!)

Just out of cuiosity, I read your profile, you mention you are a graphics artist. May I ask, what do you deal with? Personally, I am an unoffical computer graphics artist, usually found on the Trainz forum, here is an example.

I also found this too, on my hard drive, I like to joke around from time to time...

... they say "British clampers will clamp anything", including this poor old 1960s built Class 121 bubblecar! (Fictional, but the release fee? £2,000!).

Hope this is of interest.