From str8 to gay?

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well, in looking back, I do't think I made a 360. More like a 320...I was already turning to the gay side, but didn't really realize it at the time. I can't say that I was ever 100% straight. I looked at guys and got strange feelings from them. It took me until I was 21 to sort it all out.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Okay, folks, just a little geometry refresher here...

Completely changing direction on a straight line (pun not intended) is a 180. Turning around completely and returning to your original direction (or orientation) is a 360.

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Really don't think that is possible. Unless of course you mean like on this site there are people who claim to be female then get busted because they really are male. So, if that were the case, then yes there are men who have identified themselves as 100% straight who when revealed are actually 100% gay.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Anyway, I find it interesting on LPSG to watch the orientations change on people's profiles. I don't follow it closely, but there are a fair number of those orientations that change from 100% to 99%, 90%, 60% etc. and some go to "no response" or "unsure." To me it suggests that this site is at least provoking some to think more about such things.

In the end the MOST important thing is that we all find ways to be happy being ourselves and comfortable doing what gives us pleasure (with the usual disclaimer: as long as it doesn't hurt anyone). The naming or labeling is less important than the honestly knowing and doing...

rodevon10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If you were the only survivor of a crash and you ate someone else's body to survive, you would be a cannibal. If you returned to society & never ate flesh again are you still considered a cannibal??? Or Not???? I have never slept with a woman, but if I did would that change my orientation to BI, because of one incident????

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Three of us shared an apartment in college. One of the other roommates was gay. In our inspired wisdom, we other two convinced him to have sex with a girl. He was definitely still gay after that.

accidenttourist

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I knew I was gay as a small boy. I pretended for years that I was "normal" in order to be accepted. I always was far more interested in a man's body than women. I played the game through college, married, had 3 wonderful sons and never faltered as a husband and father. I was reassigned to a foreign assignment to Indonesia, met and fell in love with a local doctor who fullfilled my long-denied sex with a man. I lived apart from my family for several years due to work assignment, visiting back and forth to keep peace in the family. After my youngest completed his degree, I made the announcement that I was gay and began living that life. I could no longer live in Indonesia so that arrangement had to end. Today I have been with a wonderful man for 15 years. Yes, I am an older fart and would not change my sacrifices to deny my sexual preferences until after my sons were grown. My ex-wife and I are the best of friends and my sons accept me with open arms. I could not ask for a better life.

As a gay man who is very much attracted by very straight-acting guys, I guess I can pitch in my two cents as I keep meeting guys who are in your case (ie married guys with or without kids but with one thing in common - a repressed sense of attraction to other men).

"Going from 100% straight to 100% gay":
100% straight: does that count when the guy consciously or sub-consciously repressed his feelings for any other males, to the extent that he HONESTLY believe that he has no homosexual tendency - even though blood is rushing into his groin whenever he got to see another sexually aroused male?
100% gay: is it still within this category if the guy only has sex with his wife once/twice a year with STRENUOUS efforts from his wife (try to picture how she gets it up) (yes, they live under the same roof) while he jerks off twice a day fantasizing sexual encounters with other guys?

If you answer "yes" to the above, yes, it is possible to have such a 180° switch, and I have met plenty of these poor confused guys. :confused:

BTW for all the girls out here: I don't mean to scare you but the number of guys who succumb (at least once in a while) to the male form of beauty is much higher than you might think... And even the most unimaginable ones (even to me as a veteran) will sometimes do it... Good for me, but maybe not exactly good for you girls... :biggrin1:

cklover

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
People are born with a sexual orientation...it's hard-wired, despite what the pc crowd opines! Str8s and Gays are exactly that. All that BI crap is just homosexual people struggling out of the closet and finally accepting it. Gay men and women who get into love and sex relationships with str8ts eventually come out and get gay. Nobody with his/her sexual orientation as such will ever, suddenly 'turn' gay. That's only part of the str8 men's fear and ignorance...dudes, you will never turn gay, ok? How's that for an un-pc rant?

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ha ha ... it's not just un-pc, it's very wrong at least one way. Bisexuality is as real as gay and straight. Of course some gays also pretend to be straight or bi before they fully come out.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Ha ha ... it's not just un-pc, it's very wrong at least one way. Bisexuality is as real as gay and straight. Of course some gays also pretend to be straight or bi before they fully come out.
I was dating a girl, broke up, was done by a guy. Was engaged, was "on a break", was done by a guy. Was dating a girl again... About 2 months ago, I was with this girl and after we'd been together a while, she said, "So you've really been with another guy? Really? Huh." :shrug: Pfft, she thinks SHE'S confused. :tongue:

I mean, I OBVIOUSLY like guys, but at the same time, I haven't really given up on girls either. Well, at least not hot ones that hit on me. :biggrin1:

D_Bob_Crotchitch

Expert Member
Media

Thank you. For some reason, some people in both the straight and gay crowds refuse to accept that people can be happily bisexual. People wasting time trying to limit others is something I do not understand.

ramwella

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
If you were the only survivor of a crash and you ate someone else's body to survive, you would be a cannibal. If you returned to society & never ate flesh again are you still considered a cannibal??? Or Not???? I have never slept with a woman, but if I did would that change my orientation to BI, because of one incident????

Wow-- deep & philosophical.
It's like that question: "If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one there to hear it, does it still make a sound?"

btw: nice dick pics, too!