Frozen in time

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
OK, so 2007 is turning out be my year of underestimation. It now seems that the new store manager of in my store turned out to be a chicken shit.
Not only did I not believe he was going to be awelcome change to everyone/thing here, but now he's went and fucked up everything to hell.

You want a guess as to how?
Not only did he re impliment the old points against system, but now he's added on some new shit so that you can't feel right accidently farting in the fuck's direction.
And on top of all that, he's frozen any and all transfers in or out of there.
In total, 30 of them. And on topof that again, there's also been 3 or 4 people who've given their 2 week's notice to look for something else.

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd, we just had store meeting/luau party that was mandatory, under penalty of a point if you didn't show up.

And again, on top of that, they set up a stage where all the managers up looking like a proctologist's dream; wall to wall ASSHOLES.
And god, I tell you, the district manager tried to justify the point sytem saying other employee's had complained about other's and that's what started it.
Bullshit.
So, me & a bunch of others have gotten the Head office's regional HR manager hotline for this sector, and have made his ears burn with all of these calls/ grievances against this fuck.
I tell you, I am not a happy camper right now over this.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is so fucked up, it beats an episode of The Office. Manditory luau? No transfers? That ought to get everyone working productively. Sheeesh.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My wife likes to call this sort of bullshit mandatory fun.

As for your post in general, the only wisdom I can impart is...:wtf:
Yeah, i know, the whole is fucked in the head, but that's corporate america.
Hopefully this yutz from head office can do something.

avalonjim

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
There are so many reasons why I am no longer a part of corporate America. I now work as an independant contractor, pay my own health care taxes etc... its a NIGHTMARE of expenses, but after I had to role play, and then get up and do a performance for/ with all of the other managers. I quit and never looked back. That was mandatory as well (well both the singing and the quitting). I refuse to see what that does for company morale. I flat out told them no. Then insisted. I said no, again. They hit the peer pressure thing and said everyone looks stupid when they do it. I said why do you want to make your employees look stupid? what point does that serve? They said its fun!! I said so is a bottle of gin and getting to fuck someone in the ass. Now that would be fun.

AND so ended my retail management career.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There are so many reasons why I am no longer a part of corporate America. I now work as an independant contractor, pay my own health care taxes etc... its a NIGHTMARE of expenses, but after I had to role play, and then get up and do a performance for/ with all of the other managers. I quit and never looked back. That was mandatory as well (well both the singing and the quitting). I refuse to see what that does for company morale. I flat out told them no. Then insisted. I said no, again. They hit the peer pressure thing and said everyone looks stupid when they do it. I said why do you want to make your employees look stupid? what point does that serve? They said its fun!! I said so is a bottle of gin and getting to fuck someone in the ass. Now that would be fun.

AND so ended my retail management career.
Me and a friend of mine here have a plan for when we hit the MEGA MILLION LOTTERY: We're going to find about 50 day labor workers, pay them each $50, and line them up in front of the store and tell them to moon management.

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get the impression that employment law in the US must be very much geared in the Employer's favour.

In the UK it is very much the oposite, to the point where Managers are barely able to Manage any more.

Where's the balance?

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get the impression that employment law in the US must be very much geared in the Employer's favour.

In the UK it is very much the oposite, to the point where Managers are barely able to Manage any more.

Where's the balance?

EVERY US law is geared toward money and those who have a lot of it.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
What kind of field do you work in, Chuck? Maybe it's time to change directions by assessing those professional skills you've already developed and make a move into another field (or at least another corporation) that's a better place to work.

Of course, there's always the small business route. Quickest growing segment of the economy, by the way.

Best to you, Chuck. And for several years I worked as a resume writer either part or full time. Let me know if you want some assistance with recasting your skills with an eye toward changing careers.

NCbear (who's helped plenty of others change careers)

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There might be a break comin up; I just got word from HR that the transfers are due to be unfrozen in April, so yours truly is now scheming on his day to talk to the store manager in my area and get the ball rolling. I dont' know why they'd turn me down, I'm literally only a mile away from the fucking place. And i got a great review last month, so I'm hopeful.

Heather LouAnna

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I'm work for a large corporation in a little cube farm and I just love my job. :)

I never understand when people say "I don't like my job." It's like hearing "My husband beats me, but I stay anyway." You have alternatives. Working the the most important thing in life. It represents everything that is good in man. /Ayn Rand. If you don't like something about your job, change it.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Believe you me there, Heather, if i wanted too, I'd bolt on out of there so damn fucking fast it'd make your head spin. But one of the real reasons I stay is because of the prescription med mail order thing that i get at an incredible deal better than I would shelling out at the pharmacy sans coverage.

'Sides, it isn't the entire company I curse; just the one store that I'm stuck in this mindless vacuum of a void in.