Frustration...Grrr...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_HappyHammer1977, Jun 18, 2007.

1. B_HappyHammer1977

B_HappyHammer1977 New Member

You know when you're just having one of those day...!

So my mortgage lender needs a financial statement from me to sort out an ongoing problem I have with them. They won't just accept my word, so they insist on an independant person to do it for me. The only two organisations they will take this information from is one of their own approved associates, who charge £100 for the pleasure, or the Citizens Advice Bureau, who offer the service for free. So I get on the phone at 10am this morning to ask what they need from me to be able to complete this statement, but the answer machine says "we are busy, please try again." so I try again..and again...and again....and again! Well I get sick of this after an hour, hop on my bike and go there myself, armed with as much information as I think they may need...they're shut! I knock on the door and a woman answers who tells me they're opening hours for seeing people in person are 10am to 12.30pm and the phoneline is open 10am to 2.30pm. She suggests I should call them!! Grrr...

So I get back home after agreeing that I would return to the CAB in the morning (like I haven't got anything else better to do!) and try my best to sort out another money problem; I get on the phone and ring.. and ring...and ring....and ring.....until eventually someone does answer. I then discover that that person can't help me at all, so I ask to speak to someone who can; she puts me on to her manager...even she can't help, because "I'm just the telephony manager, the people who make those desicions are upstairs". So I naturally ask to speak to 'them upstairs'. "Oh, they haven't got phones up there"!! "What?!" She says she'll pass the message on and get someone to call me back. "But," I tell her. "I've tried calling about nine times over the last few weeks and nobody has called me back once." She says; "I promise someone will call you back in the next hour." ---- Guess what?

What's the point in having a helpline if the people on the other end can't help?! They spend a fortune in staffing these callcentres with hundreds of poorly paid people who don't know what they're doing. Wouldn't it make more sense to spend the same amount of money in staffing an office with half as many well paid people who DO know what they're doing and CAN help?!!!

Still waiting...Grrr....

2. SpoiledPrincess

Gold Member

I get so sick of not being able to speak to the right person straight away, but my crowning moment of phoneline frustration was when BT told me they were unable to transfer a call to another department.

3. B_HappyHammer1977

Still no call back

*bangs head on screen*

4. biguy2738

Gold Member

Albums:
    HELLOOOOO! You've had us on hold for the last five hours...can you please continue with your story? Damn call centre LPSG members! :smile:

5. B_HappyHammer1977

Oh yeah, they never did call back! Bastards!

Draft saved Draft deleted