FTL Briefs

Oilfieldtrash

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A lot of chatter on here, about "designer" underwear of all sorts. What's so special about them?

I work a dirty, nasty job (oil drilling) and took notice of what my co-workers wear (while undressing or dressing in our community shower) after reading various posts describing the virtues of $20-a-pair briefs versus common Fruit of the Loom or Hanes. My girlfriend buys my standard FTL's at a local Dollar General store; $5 for a five-pack (as I've instructed). Looks like most of my co-workers (or their wives or girlfriends do the same... of the 7 other men on my crew, 6 of us wear FTL tighty-whities while the 7th man wears Wal-Mart house-brand Puritan briefs, the kind with two blue spripes on the waist-band; yeah, I saw 'em turned inside-out on the bench in the dressing area).

I've worn FTL's for as long as I can remember. Anything particularly special about Klien, X2ist (sp?) or the other much-vaunted brands?

Just asking, not gonna change brands here. And I'll never do boxers or boxer-briefs. Rather go commando (which I do from time to time).

- Trash

matt121matt121

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
about "designer" underwear of all sorts. What's so special about them?

I've worn FTL's for as long as I can remember. Anything particularly special about Klien, X2ist (sp?) or the other much-vaunted brands?

Just asking, not gonna change brands here. And I'll never do boxers or boxer-briefs. Rather go commando (which I do from time to time).

At one of my jobs I use to have to wear a suit all the time, and by the end of the day I would definitely be pretty sweaty, so I'd wear HANES tighty whities and hanes t-shirts.

Then I'd be sure to keep either boxers or other more special occasion undies in my bag for my after work activities, since I definitely wouldn't want a guy reachin in my pants and finding that i'm wearing hanes tighty whities.

I think its fine to wear normal whities to work, and then just save the more designer/fashion ones for after work.

I like the fit of some of the labels better and just like the look and brand, since its not really acceptable/attractive to admit to wearing hanes tighty whities.

I can't belive that guy wears puritan briefs, thats even worse than hanes or ftl. I don't know when I stopped wearing FTL, but for some reason it just seemed like hanes were considered just slightly cooler than ftl, and just got use to the fit, etc.

Reactions: masculinetx

Ryder239

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I prefer boxer briefs, Calvins usually. But when I'm going to do something strenuous, outdoor work, heavy lifting, hiking, my balls really get in the way and can get kinda squashed. So before doing that stuff I get into the cheapo Haynes cause they are the best for holding em up and out of the way. However, the pouches of tighties get stretched out quickly so you go through them pretty fast.

B_Bigp22

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wear calvins but thats only because my wife buys them for me. If i was making the purchase I would most def going with ftl... they are cheap and fit great

darkbond007

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have like about 5 hanes briefs. They fit fine, but they are in no way anywhere near as good as some Calvin Klein briefs. If I were you I would just go like to Marshalls/TJ Maxx or something and just try a pack of the typical Calvin Klein briefs. There is a noticeable difference.

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
At one of my jobs I use to have to wear a suit all the time, and by the end of the day I would definitely be pretty sweaty, so I'd wear HANES tighty whities and hanes t-shirts.

Then I'd be sure to keep either boxers or other more special occasion undies in my bag for my after work activities, since I definitely wouldn't want a guy reachin in my pants and finding that i'm wearing hanes tighty whities.

I think its fine to wear normal whities to work, and then just save the more designer/fashion ones for after work.

I like the fit of some of the labels better and just like the look and brand, since its not really acceptable/attractive to admit to wearing hanes tighty whities.

I can't belive that guy wears puritan briefs, thats even worse than hanes or ftl. I don't know when I stopped wearing FTL, but for some reason it just seemed like hanes were considered just slightly cooler than ftl, and just got use to the fit, etc.

Wait... why would you not want a guy to see you in tighty whities?? What's wrong with them? They're real MAN underwear, not girly liks some designer colored briefs anyway. However, I DO recommend 2xists cuz the pouch is far far superior to Hanes and that ilk. I feel like Hanes and FTLs weren't designed for guys with balls. They don' t support them but rather kind of suppress them. HOwever, I can see that if a guy has a dirty job, not buying expensive briefs might be a plan.

RedRocks

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A while ago I was living in England, and pulled a groin muscle while playing rugby. The doctor fitted me with a suspensory, which is basically a jock with a hole for your cock to hang through. I wasn't supposed to have sex for two weeks, but that thing was so damn erotic I lasted about a day before I had to fuck.

Now I wear them a lot. Take a look here: AT Suspensory at International Jock Underwear & Swimwear

Anyone else worn one?

Ted

D_Porthos Porksworde

Experimental Member
Media
I really like the Calvin Klein, 2xist and C-in2 brands. Once you try the contour pouch you might never go back! Yes they cost more, but are often on sale at online companies like Freshpair and Hisroom. I do believe you get what you pay for-you might give 'em a try and see... the pouch really is comfortable, and is not only available just in briefs but also trunk and boxer briefs.

cwboy22

Sexy Member
Media
On a recent trip I forgot to pack my underwear. So I went to a Walmart and bought a package of FTL boxer briefs a pack of briefs. They are not as soft as my Jockey's but I really came to like them. They wore very well and the boxer briefs didn't stretch out like Hanes do. I actuallu wore them for 6 months before packing them in my suitcase. Actually a quality product.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I still look best in Unico's microfiber briefs.( I/m not, at all, blessed in the size of either my nutts or dick.) They are comfortable, all day, even in high heat/humidty enviornments. The only caveat is to buy one size above your normal size.
Andrew Christian has a new enhancing pouch brief. They are comfortable all day, too. The pouch looks natural.
Under Armour has superb fabrics but none are designed to complement your bulge. In fact, most of them mash everything!

aviators

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
since i can remember i have always had ralph lauren, undies, briefs, boxers my whole life because thats what my parents bought me.
now that i buy my own stuff i continue to buy ralph lauren and other high end designer boxers and briefs, like burberry, abercrombie&fitch, etc.

S

SirConcis

Different brands have different type of fabric. The type of fabric dictates a lot the tyoe of sensations that will be produced on your penis/scrotum and ass as you move around.

Different brands have different design (how much fabric to put for ass, how much to put for penis/balls etc). Since there are many different body shapes/sizes, some guy may have a better fit with Hanes "medium" than a Calvin Klein "medium" and feel more comfortable in them. Others will be more comopfrtable in calvins.

Generally though, the more expensive brands tend to last longer.

Then, when you get into new tech fabrics like microfibre etc, you cannot compare those to the conventional tighy withies. You have to try them to see how you feel in them.

Having been circumcised only a few years ago, I find that if I switch underwear type, I am very aware of the glans during the day.

jayflamewalker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I have to agree with you, I cant afford the better brands just because they are designer names dont make them better , FTL and Hanes have been around for as long as I can remember. Obviously they must be doing something right though I prefer Hanes the cotton is much smooth and softer even after several washes. Jockey's cost a little more but I rather buy them than those other name brands, just call me old fashion

Reactions: masculinetx

jayflamewalker

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Wait... why would you not want a guy to see you in tighty whities?? What's wrong with them? They're real MAN underwear, not girly liks some designer colored briefs anyway. However, I DO recommend 2xists cuz the pouch is far far superior to Hanes and that ilk. I feel like Hanes and FTLs weren't designed for guys with balls. They don' t support them but rather kind of suppress them. HOwever, I can see that if a guy has a dirty job, not buying expensive briefs might be a plan.

Yeah youre right I am proud of wearing tighty whities I dont mind if someones notices that. I am not ashame of that its a manly mans underwear