FUCK BARRY BONDS! (and the rest of the cheating sports world.)

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't you people get it? This isn't about your silly honor or integrity, those things amount to shit in REAL LIFE. Everyone needs a wake up from dream land where nice guys get ahead. You naive little people, get a clue, this is about money! This Barry Bonds guy was allowed to break the record to keep baseball alive. The controversy, the record breaking is what will allow that sport to survive. Allowing Bonds to break the record was nothing short of a business deal. Heck, Hank Aaron was probably in on the deal too.

Unfortunately, you are correct. That doesn't make me like it though.

It is all about money. Nobody gives a crap about anything else now.
That's why I won't ever get ahead. I won't, lie, cheat, steal, or walk over others for money. I will die poor and downtrodden, but that's okay.
At least I'll have peace of mind knowing I lived with honesty, integrity, and worked my way through life rather than cheated my way through.

If that doesn't mean much to the "successful crowd", that's fine.
They don't mean much to me, either.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You naive little people, get a clue, this is about money!

Oh-so-true.

And the silly little people need to stop subsidizing the dope head athletes and the greedy owners who pay them by turning off their televisions and stopping attending the games. Boycott. The drop in revenues will get the message across really fast.

Otherwise, its all just talk.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh-so-true.

And the silly little people need to stop subsidizing the dope head athletes and the greedy owners who pay them by turning off their televisions and stopping attending the games. Boycott. The drop in revenues will get the message across really fast.

Otherwise, its all just talk.

I would just love to see that happen!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Who gives a rat's ass?

Baseball is a lameass boring sport that has long outlived its welcome. Perhaps this latest brouhaha is simply the beginning of its swan song.

Then again, perhaps my past as a football player skews my opinion somewhat. So be it.

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Who gives a rat's ass?

Baseball is a lameass boring sport that has long outlived its welcome. Perhaps this latest brouhaha is simply the beginning of its swan song.

Then again, perhaps my past as a football player skews my opinion somewhat. So be it.

To me, this isn't as much about baseball as it is about the sad state of our whole society now. If it were only about baseball, I wouldn't care either.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I guess no one has anything else to add? And we all agree that Bonds and Skull are both ass-munchs

I don't think many people here are going to agree with you that I'm an ass munch. They may not agree with my views on Barry Bonds but me recognizing him as one of the best baseball players of all time does not make me an "ass-munch". I never said he didn't "cheat", I said there are countless MLB players who have done what he has. In sports today can't beat em join em. Its what is going on in sports and society today and we have to live with that because it won't ever change. Its survival of the fittest today. Maybe it sucks but its apparently the way it is, baseball wanted no part of eliminating steroids from the game, because people dig the long ball and the 98 mile per hour fastball. It sells tickets. Its sports now as we know it.

Stop acting like a little kid and getting people on your side dropping names a weed smoking 12 year old would call me. Is that really how grown you are? Because we don't agree that Barry Bonds isn't one of the greatest baseball players ever? Get your weight up around here before you try to rally the troops against me.

Yeah he cheated, but if some A+ student with kick ass SATs cheated once in high school or got lazy in college and took some ritalin to write a thesis paper I'm not gonna say they aren't one of the smartest people I know. Lisadong is that a more relevant analogy for you?

I do agree with the one poster however that baseball is boring and football is this country's past time, present time, and future time now. There is just nothing else to watch in the summer.

D

deleted85856

Your a fucking clown, thats really all I have to say about you. Your views on cheating as this holy Barry Bonds thing is twisted and wrong. Frankly I'm done with this because clearly your not going to change your mind, but I am glad that other people see this issue for what it really is.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
At first I thought his post was a joke to get some activity going. After reading this entire thread and thinking about this overnight...
He is either:
High
Drunk
Stupid
or insane
Thank you for posting this. Your integrity and intellegence was not missed by most!

Your a fucking clown, thats really all I have to say about you. Your views on cheating as this holy Barry Bonds thing is twisted and wrong. Frankly I'm done with this because clearly your not going to change your mind, but I am glad that other people see this issue for what it really is.

shad24

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Read up on it everyone has been breaking the rules.

Everyone today is suspect. Its a new era. Its been a new era. The era of Babe Ruth and the roaring 20s are far behind us.

you are so right! lets go back to the good ol days. lets let people like Babe Ruth just get drunk and beat fans to death, with no fear of jail cuz they are in the Great american sport of baseball. Jeez! what a jack ass!

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Everyone cheats.
Not true.
Read up on it everyone has been breaking the rules.
If, by that, you mean everyone "in professional sports" has been breaking the rules, that may or may not be true. It still is not exculpatory. Instead of cutting Bonds slack because "everyone else does it," how about if we tell them all, "we will not accept it."??

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Not true.
If, by that, you mean everyone "in professional sports" has been breaking the rules, that may or may not be true. It still is not exculpatory. Instead of cutting Bonds slack because "everyone else does it," how about if we tell them all, "we will not accept it."??

Because baseball already sent a clear message that they will indeed accept it. Now they have a problem on their hands and are making a sorry attempt at backtracking. Steroids helped revive baseball after the strike. If the commissioner wanted something done about it something would have been done. I also didn't see any fans complaining when Big Mac and Sammy Sos were smashing balls out of the park on testosterone or when Bonds was winning consecutive MVP awards year after year.

Sorry I am being the devils advocate here fellas but regardless of steroids you have to be slightly terrible at recognizing athletic talent if you can't accept that fact that Bonds is one of the most talented players to ever live. HANK AARON would tell you the same thing. I'm not gonna sit back at my computer and let this thread rip apart another human bring for the choices he made. Just like I won't judge any of you for being a poor father or a drunk husband.

We all make mistakes. Maybe he regrets it, maybe he doesn't. It sure made his head look funny. But I'm not gonna let that cloud my vision and not be able to recognize his talent and skill and the environment that MLB has created for itself which allowed him to do this.

B_lisasdong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah he cheated, but if some A+ student with kick ass SATs cheated once in high school or got lazy in college and took some ritalin to write a thesis paper I'm not gonna say they aren't one of the smartest people I know. Lisadong is that a more relevant analogy for you?

Yeah, it's a better analogy, but not as good as it could be.

First, I ALWAYS have a problem with cheating.

Second, if the one time that student cheated was in something that totally had no effect, then it's a bit harder to get worked up about it. If he cheated in Home Ec. but still would have been valedictorian without that Home Ec "A", then so be it. If, however, there is some poor sap a tenth of a point behind in GPA, who doesn't get valedictorian, who doesn't get the Rhodes scholarship, etc., etc., because of the student's cheating, then the ramifications are clearly more serious.

Third, if that student cheated EVERY SINGLE DAY OF HIS LIFE, on everything he did, well, that guy should be exposed and expelled, or at least stripped of every award, accolade, and so on. This is the situation most directly analogous to Bonds. You say Bonds was the best regardless of the cheating? I say we'll never know. He robbed us, and himself, of the opportunity to find out.

The bottom line is it doesn't matter how many people do it, what matters is that it's people with your philosophy that make it acceptable. This is no chicken-and-egg thing. At some point, enough people started making excuses for cheaters that critical mass emerged, and now you have the balls to claim some twisted sort of "higher ground" based on your "realism," I guess. I don't buy that shit. All you are is part of a big group of people who don't have enough integrity to expect more from people. Like not being a fucking cheater.

B_lisasdong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm not gonna sit back at my computer and let this thread rip apart another human bring for the choices he made. Just like I won't judge any of you for being a poor father or a drunk husband.

Why the fuck wouldn't you judge someone for being a lousy father or a drunk husband?

What the hell happened to people to make them so weak and spineless that they have no beliefs at all about how to conduct a human life? Look, you don't have to condemn, you can let God sort out the final determinations if you believe in God, you can even keep your thoughts to yourself and not get involved. Whatever. But if you seriously cannot make (or refuse to make) judgments about peoples' conduct, behavior, belief, whatever, including your own, you're not a fucking human being. You're a bag of goo waiting to die.

By the way - you don't seem to have had much difficulty making judgments about people who don't agree with your assessment of Bonds. Is that the sole exception to your brilliant philosophy of life?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well he didn't do it everyday of his life. There is a precise year when you can see that he came in to spring training looking like the incredible hulk. Before that he had already won multiple MVPs. It just doesn't bother me that much, if he chose to do it maybe he will die young because of it and thats the trade off.

The game, and any other game, will never be able to eradicate steroids and cheating from it. I think betting on games and fixing them is far worse than man taking performance enhancing drugs. I don't enough about baseball or the "integrity" of the game. I can still admire Barry's BEAUTIFUL fucking swing and I also enjoyed watching the home run chase with Big Mac and Sammy Sosa. Yes he cheated, as they cheated. As lots of pitchers against him cheated, as many many more in MLB cheated. Until you can eradicate alll of them from the books or from the league than you can't just single out one man during this era. Its all or none for me. Did anyone see what Mark Grace said about him on ESPN after he did it?

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why the fuck wouldn't you judge someone for being a lousy father or a drunk husband?

What the hell happened to people to make them so weak and spineless that they have no beliefs at all about how to conduct a human life? Look, you don't have to condemn, you can let God sort out the final determinations if you believe in God, you can even keep your thoughts to yourself and not get involved. Whatever. But if you seriously cannot make (or refuse to make) judgments about peoples' conduct, behavior, belief, whatever, including your own, you're not a fucking human being. You're a bag of goo waiting to die.

By the way - you don't seem to have had much difficulty making judgments about people who don't agree with your assessment of Bonds. Is that the sole exception to your brilliant philosophy of life?

Because its none of my fucking business why a man decides to put the bottle to his mouth and drink. Or Maybe hes not cut out to be a good father because something happened. Maybe his dad died when he was little or beat him. You just don't know where someone came from or what they go through. You some judgemental people round hea. I mind my business I don't go around making judgments on other people I worry about myself.

There you go making more judgements about me. You don't know shit about my philosophy on life nor what I have been through. I'm not trying to hear that shit from you. I didn't personally attack you and your beliefs, don't be a child and call me a bag of goo waiting to die. Thats lame. You don't know anything about me except that I recognize Barry Bonds has immense talent, just like any other athlete and sports analyzer can see. So don't go there. In fact, lisadong, step off.

Go YANKS!

B_lisasdong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well he didn't do it everyday of his life. There is a precise year when you can see that he came in to spring training looking like the incredible hulk. Before that he had already won multiple MVPs. It just doesn't bother me that much, if he chose to do it maybe he will die young because of it and thats the trade off.

The game, and any other game, will never be able to eradicate steroids and cheating from it. I think betting on games and fixing them is far worse than man taking performance enhancing drugs. I don't enough about baseball or the "integrity" of the game. I can still admire Barry's BEAUTIFUL fucking swing and I also enjoyed watching the home run chase with Big Mac and Sammy Sosa. Yes he cheated, as they cheated. As lots of pitchers against him cheated, as many many more in MLB cheated. Until you can eradicate alll of them from the books or from the league than you can't just single out one man during this era. Its all or none for me. Did anyone see what Mark Grace said about him on ESPN after he did it?

Don't argue minutiae. He cheated on many, many, many days. Not the point.

Yes, there are many cheaters. Yes, I'd support an asterisk beside all their names. ALL of them. I don't care. It doesn't make any difference to me how many there are. I want it cleaned up.

You were the one posting here talking about how great Bonds was. You knew someone would disagree, and strenuously. You wanted the controversy, and you got it.

B_lisasdong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Because its none of my fucking business why a man decides to put the bottle to his mouth and drink. Or Maybe hes not cut out to be a good father because something happened. Maybe his dad died when he was little or beat him. You just don't know where someone came from or what they go through. You some judgemental people round hea. I mind my business I don't go around making judgments on other people I worry about myself.

I got some news for you. It is your business. It's a society, it's a culture, and we're all interconnected. The guy who drinks may be raising a son who will one day put a gun to your head. Or rape your daughter. Whatever.

You're confusing cause & explanation, with a system of ethics. Of course there's an explanation for people's behavior, and there's nothing wrong with being concerned with causes & explanations. It's admirable. But there is something wrong with turning them into excuses. You might not feel like that's what you're doing, but you are. When the most you can say about something is "it's not my business, I won't judge" then you are failing to live up to your responsibility to other human beings, to be willing to call bad, damaging, unethical behavior what it is. And that creates the opportunity for that behavior to continue and grow.

Like I said, it's different from condemnation. You can understand a man's bad acts, you can understand why he came to perform them. But you must retain the willingness to say that "depsite all that, it's wrong." This is exactly like the cheating issue. You figure because everyone does it, it's no big deal, and you're not going to get all worked up about it. But the cheating wouldn't be going on if there weren't so many people willing to allow, and accept it. You're in that camp. You should be in the camp that expects more from human beings.

B_lisasdong

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There you go making more judgements about me. You don't know shit about my philosophy on life nor what I have been through. I'm not trying to hear that shit from you. I didn't personally attack you and your beliefs, don't be a child and call me a bag of goo waiting to die. Thats lame. You don't know anything about me except that I recognize Barry Bonds has immense talent, just like any other athlete and sports analyzer can see. So don't go there. In fact, lisadong, step off.Go YANKS!

Fair enough - I was being a little snarky. But I stand by the bag of goo comment, except with a clarification. I'm not so much intending to call you personally a bag of goo (although you might be - as you said, I don't really know). I'm saying that human beings have minds, and conceptions of ethics, and if they choose not to use their minds to make judgments, they're not really being human beings - hence, the "bag of goo" comment. Like Rush said in Freewill - "if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice." A lot of people are choosing to be bags of goo nowadays.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

If that is the way you see it then I guess we shouldn't stop people from committing suicide. They might really hate living right? It's none of our business is it? People could at least try to help others that aren't doing what they are supposed to. If somebody has a drug or drinking problem you should try helping them before it's too late. There are plenty of people that have went through horrible things and came out as a decent person and succesful at that. Just because somebody goes through something bad isn't an excuse for them to screw up their life and these people would need help and not to be ignored. If you're not a part of the solution you're part of the problem.