Fuck the lot of you - leave of absence time

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Now the cunts have warned me for 'harassing' the already banned troll. How the fuck can you harass a troll? :confused:

subgirrl said:
Dear ManlyBanisters,

You have received a warning at LPSG.

Reason:
-------
Abuse or Harassment of, or Threats against a member

Dear ManlyBanisters,

By a consensus of the Moderating Team from reports made to us it has been determined that your post http://www.lpsg.org/291439-i-dont-like-men-with-22.html#post4013399 violates the Site Rules with regard to harassment. This is an official Warning from the moderators.

Please take a moment to carefully read the Rules and use discretion and care in your future posts; otherwise your ongoing participation at LPSG will be reviewed.

Thank you for your future adherence to our policies.

subgirrl
On behalf of the Moderating Team
-------

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
LPSG

They banned him, he was clearly a little cunt and yet I get warned for outing him (further) as the little cunt he is.

Well fuck that shit. If keeping the likes of me and Hick from showing up trolls like that is what this site wants as a good direction then that's what it can have. But if you don't want that part of my posting you can't have any of it.

I'm gone. I may be back at some point. I may not - right now I feel like 'not' but I'm not so clueless about myself to think I'll definitely feel that way forever.

Happy insipid, nicey, nicey posting - you fucking saps.

And fuck the lot of you - even the cunts I like.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
Now the cunts have warned me for 'harassing' the already banned troll. How the fuck can you harass a troll?

The crazy part is that they've deluded themselves into thinking this is the only way they can be "fair". They "have to" chastise you because they chastised Hickboy for the same thing, and it doesn't matter to them that Heart_of_Lion was breaking their rules just by being here.

It's classic groupthink. In their groupthink, they agree that the only way to be fair is to follow their "rules" to letter even when they don't make sense or apply. For example, someone making a duplicate account just to troll people still can't be flamed or trolled because flaming and trolling are against their "rules".

The problem is, because they're participating in groupthink, they don't assess cases in any critical way. They don't realize that they made the rules and they can change them or interpret them case-by-case. To put it bluntly, as a group they're far less intelligent than any individual one of them could potentially be given the ability to enforce rules individually.

Worse yet, they see a member with over twelve thousand posts and again determine, as a group, that this individual in particular cannot be allowed to "get away with it" because they may be perceived as some sort of forum "elite". ManofThunder already confirmed this type of groupthink determination when he started ranting in your other thread about how Hickboy and others who've been here for a while shouldn't receive special treatment just because you've been here for a long time.

Ironically, they are giving you special treatment, though. But of course that makes sense, because they see their actions with regards to Hickboy are causing a problem and it's stressing their grasp on their recent group moral judgments. They also see the language you've been using as threatening to them. These types of things only exacerbate the groupthink phenomenon and result in the nearly incomprehensible decision to warn you for trolling someone who's already been banned for trolling (and trolling many people repeatedly and hopefully for having multiple accounts, etc, etc).

Anyway, forums run with a moderating team like this are almost ALWAYS a practice in groupthink. The issue is that in order to stop it, someone (and it probably has to be an administrator) has to step up and put an end to it with some unilateral decision making, and by hiring some stronger individuals to take up the mantle. I don't know that that will ever happen here, though, as this type of thing has been going on for a very long time.

Last edited:

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've been informed by Kotch that Heart_of_Lion's account was not in violation because his previous one was closed. Regardless, he was clearly trolling and harassing members long before Hickboy and Manly got to him, so the point does stand.

Why would a you wanna be a moderator for all you whiney bitches? Lol

Media
You will be missed.

Go bhfana í ngrá linn,
Iad siúd atá í ngrá linn.
Iad siúd nach bhfuil,
Go gcasa Dia a gcroíthe.
Agus muna gcasann Sé a gcroíthe
Go gcasa Sé caol na coise acu
Go n-aithneoimid iad as a mbacadaíl.

Last edited:

aninnymouse

Cherished Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
That's fucking rich! You get a warning for harassment when you tell someone to stop harassing you. Brilliant. Way to drive quality members away from the site, and support trolls.

Sieg HEIL!

/Sorry to see you go, MB. You've been a great asset to the site. Shame it has to end this way.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've been informed by Kotch that Heart_of_Lion's account was not in violation because his previous one was closed. Regardless, he was clearly trolling and harassing members long before Hickboy and Manly got to him, so the point does stand.

Um... so getting banned is strictly an action against a USERNAME? and not the user?

So violators need merely sign up for a new account to evade the spirit of the TOS?

Fascinating. I think an absolutist form of political correctness has infected a majority of the Mods.
This is the kind of myopic "zero tolerance" lunacy that gets 7 year olds expelled from school for having an advil in their pocket.

Sorry to see Manly vamoose...

seldom any agreement between us, but always a spirited debate.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I don't think anyone can Troll a Troll.

I have never lodged a complaint about anyone here... and I have always felt that it should be perfectly fine to give in equal measure to what you receive.

And that the primary function of the Mods should be to explain to folks that this is a place for free thinking adults and that means understanding you don't have any right to expect to be un-offended.

ConanTheBarber

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been informed by Kotch that Heart_of_Lion's account was not in violation because his previous one was closed.

Um... so getting banned is strictly an action against a USERNAME? and not the user?

No, it's simpler than that.
Guy-jin thought HoL had had TWO accounts going at once ... an offense against the ToS.
Turns out he never did.
So the debate now turns on other questions.

Catharsis

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
No, he deactivated his Mystic Wolf account - he wasn't banned.

The staff will rename your account when you deactivate your account. That's why he was renamed to Crystallized Ginger, or something like that.

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I thought he had been previously banned under other names, and simply took new monikers in order to continue trolling...

That's what I thought too. Turns out he wasn't previously banned, he voluntarily abandoned his old account name and then came back under a new name (apparently in order to continue trolling people under said new moniker).

Why this is allowed in the first place is unclear to me, but whatever.

bobg4400

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That's what I thought too. Turns out he wasn't previously banned, he voluntarily abandoned his old account name and then came back under a new name (apparently in order to continue trolling people under said new moniker).

Why this is allowed in the first place is unclear to me, but whatever.

I think it's allowed to allow people to get away from people who keep harrassing them or something, even though harrassment is against the rules so the mod team shouldn't let it get to the level where the person feels the need to leave.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Speaking as a former mod...

There's a lot of reasons people abandon accounts and create new ones, and one of the reasons may be to 'hide'. Sometimes the person isn't even being harassed. Sometimes the person is being harassed but it's easier for them to disappear and come back as something else. I mean, if my ex came to the site knowing who I was and harassed, me the mods could ban him time and time again but that wouldn't stop him from coming back. But if my trail ended and I dropped this account and created a new one under a different name, he'd literally never be able to find me unless I slipped out and let out identifying information or something. Sometimes they request their account be closed when they take leave from the site but end up coming back, so they create a new account. Maybe people do it because they have changed and they don't necessarily want to be affiliated with their previous post history and want a fresh start. At the end of the day, I'm sure there's a lot of reasons why someone would want to drop their current account and start a new one and I don't see any reason why not to. I guess there's a certain feeling of 'deception' that might occur if you were to find out that someone used to be someone else, but I personally don't care that much. If someone is an asshole under an old moniker and they haven't changed, they'll be an asshole under their new one too. *shrug* I may not know that they used to be such and such person, but I'll know that I dislike them all the same.

*Edit* Also, I might be wrong, but I think the mods generally have a limit as to how many times you can do this. It's not like they'll let you drop your account and start a new one every week as they realize it does and can lead to deception of the membership.

Last edited:

willow78

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When he changed from Bottoman to Mystic Wolf, I clearly remember he made a public post about this and why he did it, so I don't think he did it to be deceptive THAT time. Other times, I don't know.....