Fucking litterers!!!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Kshelby67, Jun 3, 2007.

1. B_Kshelby67

B_Kshelby67 New Member

So, I just took my dog out for what was supposed to be a 7 mile run to let off some steam. It is our normal route that we take for long runs, and it is all pretty much on the main road of my town.
    We get about 2.5 miles in, getting a good pace going and enjoying it, and calming down. We pass by a broken beer bottle on the sidewalk, and I notice it in time to swerve Marvin out of the way, or so I thought. He starts slowing down right away, so I look down and he is limping. I pulled out a shard of glass from his perfect little paw. We had to turn around and walk home. I actually had to carry him the last half mile.
    I'm pissed off times 2 now, because I never actually chilled out enough from my original issue, and now my poor baby is hurt. Why the fuck do people use the Earth as their garbage can? What the fuck? Do you know anyone who actually does shit like that? I really want to know what goes through a person's mind to think it is ok to throw anything out their car window, nevermind fucking glass.

2. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

That sucks. Further evidence for my theory about people. Sorry to hear that.

I hope you gave Marvin's foot a good washing when you got home. I'm sure he would hate that, but you can't be too careful.

3. D_smack ash

D_smack ash Account Disabled

sorry to hear that.people suck and have no respect these days.

4. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

kshelby, I'm on the same wavelength with ya. It isn't quite as bad where I live now, but a couple of years back, the main road near my apartment was horribly littered. I actually wondered about a whole scheme of putting traffic cameras up in a few spots, getting cooperation from the state (especially the DMV), viewing the footage, recording the license numbers of offenders, tracking them down, and questioning them about why they litter (and then slapping them with heavy heavy heavy fines.) I know it won't happen, but it was kinda fun to fantasize about.

The most common litter I find on the side of the road here now is dog shit. We do have laws, but people disregard the possibility of being fined $250 per incident. We had a real problem for a while, because some of the dog owners were letting their dogs run in the tennis court (because they can close the gate and let the dog off the leash) and leaving piles of dog shit on the tennis court. I finally started calling the animal control folks, and accosting the pet owners directly. It's much better now.

I sure hope your baby is healing ok. I absolutely hate broken glass on the side of the road, and if I saw someone doing it, I would probably get pretty aggressive if I had the chance.

5. dickman45885

dickman45885 New Member

Albums:
    Sorry to hear about your dog getting hurt because of a jerk.....fuckers...

I do not know why folks do not treat Mother Earth the way she should be treated. Many folks abuse her because they really do not give a fuck. Cigarette butts.....yeech.....yes they are litter too.... bags of rubbish....it all just bugs the fuck out of me too. Just last week a female in front of me threw a butt out of her car at a light....I jumped out of my car, picked it up, knocked on her window, and when she opened it, said I think you dropped this on purpose, and threw it back in her car.

I kow...she could have had a gun etc.....

I really do not know what got into me...must have been off my meds....

6. SassySpy

Gold Member

Albums:
    The brits on this site may disagree, but when I lived in England, I was surprised how much less trash littered the highways. If I peered in the bushes around the council housing estates Id see lots of beer bottles and stuff, but the roads were kept pretty clean.
    I hope Marvin will be okay. A similar thing happened to my dog only it was an aluminum can someone had been using to smoke something in. I sweated a lot till I was sure she wasn't going to end up with an awful infection, besides the cut on her paw. She licked it all the time though. Strange how well that seems to work.

7. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

I like it!

Reminds me of some neighbours I had for a short time who would let their dog crap on our lawn. My housemates and I came up with the idea of using a shovel to fling it back onto their front porch. :biggrin1:

8. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    I think those caught littering should be forced to spend a full day in the hot sun bending over picking up trash along a highway. Then they should have to wear a scarlet "L" on their clothing for a month.

9. monstro

monstro New Member

Oh I'm sorry to hear that! I hope Marvin's doing okay.

I totally empathize, I know when I walk my dog I'm always having to avoid glass or chicken bones or something that some clod has just thrown on the ground and that might hurt her.

10. HazelGod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Texas is a fun place to live, in some respects. Though it doesn't carry the penalty of law (unfortunately), the folks who run "Don't Mess with Texas" have a little site where you can report litterbugs online. You submit a license plate number and they send the vehicle owner a nastygram and a branded litter bag.

I'm not normally an advocate of busybodies and tattletales, but littlerbugs just really piss me off.

11. seterwind

seterwind New Member

Albums:
    *sighs* I hate litters, I hope marvin is ok. It sucks because there is so much crap around when I go for a run now a days it's just so depressing, that I prefer not to go out running anymore.

12. Ethyl

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'm so sorry to hear about Marvin, Kshelby. I hope his wound heals quickly.

Add me to the list of anti-litterbuggers. The weekend I met DC_DEEP and Lex, I was driving on I-95 S towards Baltimore and some asshat became so angry about someone passing him that he opened his drivers' side window and threw his Big Gulp at the passing vehicle. After it splattered all over the window, the cup hit my car (I was right behind them). Road rage and littering at high speed makes for an interesting view on a trip. Not.

13. D_Aston Asstonne

D_Aston Asstonne Account Disabled

i can relate.im an avid mountaineer,and it boils my piss seeing mother nature ruined ny slobs who're too fucking lazy to find a trash can.everything else can be replaced...MOTHER NATURE CANT!

14. viking1

Gold Member

Litterbugs suck!:mad:

15. findfirefox

Gold Member

People can be so freaking lazy.

"I could just wait till I got home in 5 minutes and recycle this out or I could throw it out the window now*

16. transformer_99

Gold Member

I deal with that behavior as well when I'm cycling. Broken bottles cut tires that at 105 psi are rather easily punctured and cut. It doesn't stop there, my neighbors use the parking lot, you'll find screws & nails from the handymen's trucks, not to mention all the garbage, beer cans, bottles and fast food waste. Sometimes these assholes just throw their litter into the bed of my truck for me to deal with disposing of.

Even when they take their garbage to the dumpster, they can't find a way to make sure it goes into the actual dumpster, so you have everything from furniture to soiled diapers, rotting food and so on out on the sidewalk. Those that do happen to open the doors and put the garbage at least in the room that the dumpsters are in, still can't put the garbage in it, then they leave the doors open for the stench to permeate the area. I feel for the people renting in front of those dumpsters, then again, they are probably contributing just the same to the problem.

17. Love-it

Gold Member

My impression of Texas is that the white plastic grocery bag is the Texas state flower.

18. Love-it

Gold Member

What pisses me off about the people in the back country is that so many of them think that it is OK to leave biodegradable food scraps laying around on the theory that squirrels like to eat orange rinds, etc. I can personally verify that orange peels do not biodegrade in dry, cold climates, I checked on several litter sites at altitude, over a course of years and found the orange peels withered but extant.

19. ganja4me

Gold Member

Albums:
    I hate it when people litter also. I don't understand why someone would want to pollute their neighborhoods and turn them into a landfill. I remember when I was younger every couple weeks I would go out with a bag and pick up trash all over the neighborhood but after a while I felt like I was wasting my time because nobody else seemed to care and everytime I went out there was just as much trash as the last time.

20. B_Kshelby67

B_Kshelby67 New Member

Disgusting isn't it, how people treat the Earth? They don't seem to know or care what happens to what they toss. Then they all quiver in fear over crazy ass storms, extreame heat and cold, and mother earth giving her wrath in general.
    Good for all of you who stand up to those assbags that treat everywhere as their landfill. It might not feel sometimes like your part matters, but if everyone did their part and picked up or picked that fight, great changes can be made.

Draft saved Draft deleted