Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I kind of envy those that enjoy the sauna. In all my years, I've never used a gyms sauna. I change into my gym clothes and go workout. I go home in my gym clothes (towel on the drivers seat. Why? Always a crush for time (after work - still need to eat). Also, some gyms just don't have what I would call a clean sauna. But these days? May stick with my at home workout for a while.
So sorry you do not have the time for sauna. Yes been to a gym sauna that I walked right out of as it was so filthy the wood was so stained from users sweat, it was disgusting. Public sauna should be clean daily. Bitch at your gym to clean it or report them to dept. of health/sanitation.

Williamg - schedule some free time and go in the sauna (if it is clean). It may take a few visits to come to enjoy it. Follow the routing I outlined and you will enjoy. Even better, go with a friend. Enjoy

Calvinguy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[QUOTE="beachforme, post: 33129811, member: 972421
Only question I have... when someone pours water on the rocks, I don't think the temperature increases, rather, it's the humidity that increases immediately giving the impression that it gets a lot hotter. It's the same idea as the heat index the weather forecaster talks about.
You are most likely correct..it is like steam coming off a tea kettle. - it stings and can be uncomfortable for a few minutes.[/QUOTE]

And nine times out of ten, the one who pours water on the rocks without asking, runs out shorty after doing it because they cannot stand the increased humidity. I have seen this happen over and over again. The only two things worse are those who treat the sauna or steam as an exercise room and those who talk loud about nonsense.

D

deleted972421

You are most likely correct..it is like steam coming off a tea kettle. - it stings and can be uncomfortable for a few minutes.

And nine times out of ten, the one who pours water on the rocks without asking, runs out shorty after doing it because they cannot stand the increased humidity. I have seen this happen over and over again. The only two things worse are those who treat the sauna or steam as an exercise room and those who talk loud about nonsense.[/QUOTE]
Yup! I agree.... quiet and calm is what the sauna is about.

hot showers

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In most of Europe (Scandinavia in particular) you get looks if not naked
Wish it was more like that in the states. At some gyms here, it's the opposite. Fortunately, I go to a gym with open showers, so the whole locker room is a bit more nudity-friendly than at most gyms here. At my own gym, I'll take a pre-sauna shower, then just sit on a towel in the sauna for hygiene. There's usually a range of nude through partial coverage. If I go to a more prudish gym, I'll concede a bit to the prudishness while I"m sitting by placing a folded hand towel over my penis while I'm sitting, but still let it be seen while I'm entering/sitting and getting up/leaving

RazorUniverse

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I am the kind of guy who uses the steam and sauna fully naked with just a towel wrapped around my waist, but I see lots of people coming into the sauna fully clothed before or after their workouts.
First of all I find it not hygienic, and slightly annoying, then, why do they do that?

Same at my gym. I think there are two reasons going on. Younger generation has grown up knowing openly gay men, so they realize not all men in the locker room are straight. And that makes SOME of them uptight.

Next, it's like a national schizophrenia, online guys will send dick pics before you ask, many others will show off 100% on hook-up apps and many more will try to get paid for their naked sex shows. The opposite of that is the rest of the country which has gotten more and more uptight off-line. It makes no sense. But it is what it is.

Also overprotective parents (my generation) has made many adult children immature. Usually the guys who are fully dressed in the saunas are the ones you could care less about. The guys in the best shape are proud of their bodies.

Reactions: Beardon and aldawg

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
When I still had my old car with the broken heater, in chilly weather I would stand in the sauna in my workout clothes for a couple of minutes upon arrival at the gym, to chase off the chill. But after workout, I just sit naked with a towel.

Thomas82

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
In most of Europe (Scandinavia in particular) you get looks if not naked
You most certainly do. Someone might even question your mental health :) Have to say this thread is not only confusing but rather entertaining read about how the sauna culture and procol seems to vary.

Reactions: aldawg

Alextate817

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have definitely seen a handful of guys go into the sauna or steam room full clothed just work out or just sit on their phones before their workout. They might come back later, either fully naked with their towel or just underwear. But I do agree with everyone else and feel that gyms should have a mandatory everyone has to be nude rule to enter.

Scarletbegonia

Worshipped Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
My visual experiences with sauna and steam rooms:
Most are “clothing optional,” meaning at least sit on a towel. In practice, lots of wrapped towels, but no great concern with minor slippage, and often a solo person on any gender would drape a bit when others came in.
Some require suits, still providing a towel to sit on. (I’m thinking tile gets uncomfortably hot compared to wood)

Private hot tub rooms with sauna heat still ask for a towel under you. Nudity is assumed.

when there’s few people, someone doing gentle stretching isn’t a big deal.

If I saw a fully clothed person in the room, I’d bug the front desk. Humans carry yeast and other less friendly microbes on skin, and in clothes. A shower before sauna is to rid you of as many as possible.
The transfer of outside (street) pollutants is unacceptable in what is basically bordering on Petri dish.
I read a study months ago about lead pollution in homes with shoes off rules versus no restrictions.
Shoes worn into a home tracked lead into all rooms.
I’m okay extrapolating that more than lead was carried through the homes.

Reactions: Lookinginconshy