Fun with photoshop! :O

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by SyddyKitty, May 21, 2008.

1. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've been messing around in Photoshop lately. Rather than working on my art, I've been wasting time photomorphing. And old favorite hobby of mine.

Any opinions? =D Some of them aren't very well done, but I think I did a great job on Jacob and the underwear guy, not to mention one or two of my own photos. =D

Also, on my myspace, I have a few old (clean) photo-edits that I feel some might enjoy. :) Much more artistic than what I posted in my gallery.
    MySpace

2. B_ScaredLittleBoy

B_ScaredLittleBoy New Member

Wow. You're good, I especially like the dog face one.

I wonder if you could help me...I've 'made' the attached image (originally it was a magnifying glass and a brick wall as two separate pictures but I've combined them).

The problem is that I need the grey background to become white. I tried the clone and healing tools but they just messed it up.

If you could fix that for me or show me a guide that explains it, that would be awesome :smile:

Thanks babe lol :biggrin1:

Attached Files:

3. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.furnation.com/symplicidy/SLB.png

I did this super fast and I'm not happy AT ALL with the edges. I have to head to bed now though, so I'll give it a real try after work tommorow. :c I'm sorry hun. ;~;

Also, thanks! =D

4. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Awesome! I had that problem with the edges too but A LOT worse (Magic Wand isn't so magic).

The edges shouldnt matter too much since I'm putting some text inside the magnifying glass.

:smile:

5. WifeOfBath

WifeOfBath New Member

I tried, and I can see a few mistakes which I could correct, and I'll tell you how I did it and what I'd do to correct it.

1. Since it's pretty much a circle, I used the oval selection tool to select the round part of the magnifying glass. Then I used a combination of the regular, polygonal, and magnetic lasso tools to refine the selection so the entire magnifying glass was selected, and the edges were somewhat accurate. I then went into the select menu and inverted the selection.

2. I then opened levels and made the background white using the sliders.

3. I deselected the selection and then made some minor exposure correction with levels
    and color correction. The magnifying glass has a slight cyan cast on my monitor, though I couldn't correct it all the way without changing the color of the bricks. If you still have both images/layers, I'd color correct them separately.

What I could have done different was been a little more anal about my selecting of the magnifying glass. Also, I should have either done it in quick mask mode or made a separate layer so I could go in with the eraser tool and refine some of the edges of that I didn't select very well. Looking at it now I's also go in with the dodge tool using a soft brush and get rid of some of the remaining grayish bits. You could also mess around with shdow/highlight.

What makes this image difficult is the metallic highlights on the magnifying glass make selecting it correctly a bitch.

The other thing you could do to make this look really kickass is try to mimic the distortion and the look of the glass of the magnifying glass. I'm sure there's a tutorial or a plugin somewhere online that would make it easy.

Here's my try:

Attached Files:

6. exwhyzee

Gold Member

*wonders how syddy could "improve" one of the pics in my own gallery...*

I admit I could use the help!!!

7. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Wife is a pro! =D

Also, I forgot to mention in my original post that the naughty photoshops are in my LPSG gallery.

I can do one after I wake back up, exwhy. Morphing is a lot easier and faster (for me) than cropping. :p Just tell me which one(s) you want done.

I should so be asleep. >_>

8. WifeOfBath

WifeOfBath New Member

Actually, I am, and TBH I'm not that great. There are a lot of others in my industry who blow me out of the water. I simply don't use Photoshop on a daily basis anymore and I've lost my "touch" a little bit.

9. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Then I really want your opinions, as comments, on every morph on my myspace and LPSG gala. :3 *begs*

10. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
  11. B_ScaredLittleBoy

Thanks peeps. Very vivid colours, Wife.

I'll have to compare the two tomorrow. I've already used the one Syddy gave me in the design but could easily incorporate the newer one.

Wife's is technically better but I'm sure Syddy's was made with "love" :biggrin1:

And its a lot better than anything I could do!

12. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    <3

13. exwhyzee

Gold Member

14. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    I wish you left the original up for people to compare. :c

Draft saved Draft deleted