Fundamentalism and indoctrination of kids

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
One of the things that bothers me about this type of "religion" is that the ones taught this way are most likely to grow up trying to vote away my rights.

Naughty, the greater portion of my time as a christian was spent in the presbyterian church. I found that one after escaping the baptists. All that was before I renounced it all in my thirties.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
naughty said:
R,

THough I am sure there are those who take this literally .It was meant in reference to intemperance and the idea of fighting "sin". Unfortunately, it seems for many people ,Christian, Jew or Moslem the idealogy and the person are one and the same... If it is any consolation. I dont think a lot of folks would let Christ in their church if he showed up today.

I'm sure your interpretation is correct.

In that same reference Naughty I wonder if many (not all) who are church-going would recognize Christ if He showed up today.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
DC_DEEP said:
Now you have me truly puzzled, LPD. Do you think she truly cares what jesus thinks?

Well I am supposing that she should, if she thinks she's a christian.

Actually though, I was more interested in what the christians here, felt that their concept of Jesus would think of her.

I was hoping for "Mad B**ch, get the f**K off my children."