Funeral Threads

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Is this the international sign for vampire?

No I was just trying to point to my post quoted below.

As for dibs you've got a nice meaty Scorpio in hand right now. One per customer! Besides I had dibs before you even came to the site! LOL!

One per customer? I was told it was buy one get one free!! :mad:

And does that mean you're coming to dinner next time we all go out?

Well, if he's goin' where he says he's goin', we'll have double the fun! LOL!

:newangel:

Yes he had the runs when we took him to Pet Smart the other day. They closed down isle #5 with safety cones.

Why isn't there a smilie spitting coffee thru his nostrils?

Last edited:

alex8.5

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Years ago, a friend had died, one man showed in cargo shorts, sandals and a bowling shirt. But at least he showed up to pay his respect. I prefer to dress up.

In my will, I have requested that people come dressed comfortably, and I want ABBA music to be played.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Years ago, a friend had died, one man showed in cargo shorts, sandals and a bowling shirt. But at least he showed up to pay his respect. I prefer to dress up.

In my will, I have requested that people come dressed comfortably, and I want ABBA music to be played.

That's cool! Why not?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
No I was just trying to point to my post quoted below.

One per customer? I was told it was buy one get one free!! :mad:

And does that mean you're coming to dinner next time we all go out?

:newangel:

Why isn't there a smilie spitting coffee thru his nostrils?

Who said anything about being free. I may be easy, but I'm not cheap! :biggrin1:

submit452

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When my great-grandmother died I wore black and navy and the rest of my family wore grey or pink or charcoal. My Mom says it is a new tradition to wear less sedate clothes to funerals. I also think that mourning bands went out in the forties/fifties. Look at Pictures of FDR I think he was one of the last people to wear them. I think that if you knew or loved the mourned person I don't think you need to wear black, but would not wear shorts or a t-shirt to a funeral nor would I wear a suit or bright colors. Its how you felt about the person being buried or cremated that counts.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
At my grandfather's funeral a couple of months back, we all wore dark colors...I was in a charcoal grey suit, my mother in black/grey. Being in south Florida, in the Spring, many people wore sedate things, but not in black and charcoal grey. I like tradition and think that people should wear more demure colors, but it depends on the season and the locale.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
There is also the element of differing cultural traditions. I have noticed that in some cultures white is also an acceptable funerary color. I have noticed at a lot of black funerals that I have seen children dressed in white. I think also now that a number of people just have had not dealins with going to funerals or who may not have anything resembling dress clothing wearing whatever they have and and ma be virtually clueless about the propriety of sedate colors as a gesture of respect or mourning.