fungal infection

jejaka_malaya2008

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hi guys,
i got fungal infection around my penis.
i have met a lot of doctors about it. They said it was because of fungal infection. they gave me cream. sometimes it was disappeared and sometimes it was existed again.
is it normal? for who got same problem with me, can u share with me?
what should i do?

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Perhaps it would help you to discover how you are contracting this fungus so that you may prevent infections in the future.

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Cremes and other topically applied medications can not eradicate fungus.

once you have a fungal infection...it is there no matter what creme you apply...

Fungus infiltrates the surrounding tissue and, although you can beat it back with antifungal cremes... its like cutting off the part of the bush above ground... inside the skin tissue, much of the mycelium survives.

Eventually, and especially if the conditions are right, it will re-sprout.

You can keep the fungus under control by keeping the area dry and cool... also, exposure to ultraviolet sunlight also significantly kills back the fungus... but can not entirely eradicate it.

Recently, new drugs have come on the market that are SYSTEMIC, such as Diflucan.

These work entirely differently- you take them orally and they kill the fungus inside the tissue... but only when the fungus is actively growing and taking in nutrients... it takes in the Diflucan from your own blood.

Systemic treatments CAN eradicate fungal infections, however, they are toxic and can cause side effects.
For them to be effective, you must take them for a long period of time, often months... and over that time their toxic effects can build.

In particular, if you take Diflucan or other systemic anti-fungals, they can cause serious liver damage...

For that reason, any good doctor should take a liver panel before giving you the drugs... and should check on your liver function regularly as you are taking the medication.

justine

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I was once on an antibiotic and developed a fungal yeast infection. The doctor said to use monastat the over the counter medication used by women for yeast infections. After applying the medication it cleared up and we are all happy again. Good luck as it is not a pleasant experience. I now totally have compasion for women who get yeast infections.