Funky Architecture...

Only if you don't design any hot dog shaped buildings! :D :D

D

deleted3782

Cool group, I had no idea there were others here who were interested in architecture! I wonder if any members here are architects?

Not sure, some are studying architecture tho...

I'm just a fan meself. :)

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I fucking love buildings and shit! Like, fuck yeah!:biggrin1::rolleyes:

No, but really, I do enjoy architecture. Count me in, Joli.:smile:

Is there a connection between the English word ‘gaudy’ — meaning ‘ostentatiously ornamented’ — and architect Antonî Gaudî?

I was afraid to ask that question last summer in Barcelona…
Not sure, but he seems to be working under that assumption... :p

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the Guggenheim Museum In Bilbao :smile:

http://www.mariabuszek.com/kcai/Design History/Design Images/Final Exam/GehryGugg1.jpg

i also love tthe Getty in Los Angeles

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/267..._and_Gardens_in_full_splendor-Los_Angeles.jpg

http://usamuseum.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/getty_museum.jpg

i loved this one the first time i saw it

casa.jpg (image)

i love architecture...but even more so when part of a grand landscaping design as well....i find buildings interesting to look at, but i find homes with real estate/land/gardens and that type of incorporation most of all.

D

deleted3782

Is there a connection between the English word ‘gaudy’ — meaning ‘ostentatiously ornamented’ — and architect Antonî Gaudî?

No. Gaudy is from the Latin word "gaudium", meaning "enjoyment". It far predates Mr Gaudi.

i love architecture...

Looks like you have a hankering for Deconstructivism, with big irregular forms and an attention to materials. Gehry designed a DeCon skyscraper in NYC...

Flashy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like you have a hankering for Deconstructivism, with big irregular forms and an attention to materials. Gehry designed a DeCon skyscraper in NYC...

yes to a large degree...i enjoy looking and admiring that particular style...though i don't know if i'd like to live in it. :wink::biggrin1:

but of course i enjoy almost all styles, for the aesthetic pleasure, for example, a massive Georgian Mansion is to me rather boring...but it still is worth looking at to admire the craftsmanship, design and simplicity. :smile:

I loved this one the first time i saw it
casa.jpg (image)
Wow! I love it - modern buildings that cleverly fit in with unusual surroundings are amazing.

I like the Hajj terminal at Jeddah Airport (made from canvas, etc), but there are no really good pics of it.

I love architecture...but even more so when part of a grand landscaping design as well....i find buildings interesting to look at, but i find homes with real estate/land/gardens and that type of incorporation most of all.
Me too. :)