• Welcome To LPSG
    Welcome to LPSG.com. If you are here because you are looking for the most amazing open-minded fun-spirited sexy adult community then you have found the right place. We also happen to have some of the sexiest members you'll ever meet. Signup below and come join us.

Funky Architecture...

exwhyzee

Gold
Cool group, I had no idea there were others here who were interested in architecture! I wonder if any members here are architects?

Not sure, some are studying architecture tho...

I'm just a fan meself. :)

CUBE

Gold
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Oh, I love stuff like this.

DiscoBoy

Sexy Member
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I fucking love buildings and shit! Like, fuck yeah!:biggrin1::rolleyes:

No, but really, I do enjoy architecture. Count me in, Joli.:smile:

Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Is there a connection between the English word ‘gaudy’ — meaning ‘ostentatiously ornamented’ — and architect Antonî Gaudî?

I was afraid to ask that question last summer in Barcelona…

Is there a connection between the English word ‘gaudy’ — meaning ‘ostentatiously ornamented’ — and architect Antonî Gaudî?

I was afraid to ask that question last summer in Barcelona…
Not sure, but he seems to be working under that assumption... :p

Flashy

Experimental Member
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I love the Guggenheim Museum In Bilbao :smile:

http://www.mariabuszek.com/kcai/Design History/Design Images/Final Exam/GehryGugg1.jpg

i also love tthe Getty in Los Angeles

http://cache.virtualtourist.com/267..._and_Gardens_in_full_splendor-Los_Angeles.jpg

http://usamuseum.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/getty_museum.jpg

i loved this one the first time i saw it

casa.jpg (image)

i love architecture...but even more so when part of a grand landscaping design as well....i find buildings interesting to look at, but i find homes with real estate/land/gardens and that type of incorporation most of all.

exwhyzee

Gold

No. Gaudy is from the Latin word "gaudium", meaning "enjoyment". It far predates Mr Gaudi.

i love architecture...

Looks like you have a hankering for Deconstructivism, with big irregular forms and an attention to materials. Gehry designed a DeCon skyscraper in NYC...

Flashy

Experimental Member
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Looks like you have a hankering for Deconstructivism, with big irregular forms and an attention to materials. Gehry designed a DeCon skyscraper in NYC...

yes to a large degree...i enjoy looking and admiring that particular style...though i don't know if i'd like to live in it. :wink::biggrin1:

but of course i enjoy almost all styles, for the aesthetic pleasure, for example, a massive Georgian Mansion is to me rather boring...but it still is worth looking at to admire the craftsmanship, design and simplicity. :smile:

I loved this one the first time i saw it
casa.jpg (image)
Wow! I love it - modern buildings that cleverly fit in with unusual surroundings are amazing.

I like the Hajj terminal at Jeddah Airport (made from canvas, etc), but there are no really good pics of it.

I love architecture...but even more so when part of a grand landscaping design as well....i find buildings interesting to look at, but i find homes with real estate/land/gardens and that type of incorporation most of all.
Me too. :)