Funniest Website Name Ever

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Synergistic, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Synergistic

Synergistic Member

Albums:
  2. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: I may join that club.

3. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

I may not join, Allie, but I might guest post there once in a blue moon. Who in the fuck would want to genuflect to John Kerry afterall. :-/ ???

4. jonb

Gold Member

Just don't genuflect in public. Don't ruminate either.

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Jon, that reminds me...

In the 1960's, shortly after Vatican II declared that masses would no longer be given in Latin, Tom Lehrer, a comic folk singer thought it would be nice if the Catholic Church would also convert their liturgical hymns into a more popular form.

Here's what Lehrer came up with: (my apologies to LPSG Catholic friends)

THE VATICAN RAG

First you get down on your knees,
    Fiddle with your rosaries,
    Bow your head with great respect,
    And genuflect, genuflect, genuflect!

Do whatever steps you want, if
    You have cleared them with the Pontiff.
    Everybody say his own
    Kyrie eleison,
    Doin' the Vatican Rag.

Get in line in that processional,
    Step into that small confessional,
    There, the guy who's got religion'll
    Tell you if your sin's original.
    If it is, try playin' it safer,
    Drink the wine and chew the wafer,
    Two, four, six, eight,
    Time to transubstantiate!

So get down upon your knees,
    Fiddle with your rosaries,
    Bow your head with great respect,
    And genuflect, genuflect, genuflect!

Make a cross on your abdomen,
    When in Rome do like a Roman,
    Ave Maria,
    Gee it's good to see ya,
    Gettin' ecstatic an'
    Sorta dramatic an'
    Doin' the Vatican Rag!

6. Imported

Gold Member

wvalady1968: [quote author=MASSIVEPKGOFCHUCK link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#2 date=04/28/04 at 19:36:26]I may not join, Allie, but I might guest post there once in a blue moon. Who in the fuck would want to genuflect to John Kerry afterall. :-/ ???[/quote]
    Actually, Chuck, I saw a bumper sticker that expressed the way I feel right now.

A.B.B.
    [Anybody But Bush]

;)

7. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#5 date=05/02/04 at 13:26:56]

A.B.B.
    [Anybody But Bush]

;)[/quote]
    You're so right, wvalady1968 !

8. jonb

Gold Member

I always heard it was the ABBA crowd: Anyone But Bush Again. Of course, he wasn't elected the first time, and I don't just mean the B'nai Brith for Buchanan.

9. Imported

Gold Member

10. Imported

Gold Member

headbang8: [quote author=Pecker link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#4 date=04/29/04 at 07:44:37]In the 1960's...Tom Lehrer, a comic folk singer...
    [/quote]
    Pecker,

Delighted to meet another Tom Lehrer fan!  

All the world seems in tune on a spring afternoon,
    When we're poisoning pigeons in the park!

...well, doesn't it?

hb8

P.S. He might object to your describing him as a "folk singer", though.  Didn't he do a song called The Folk Song Army?

11. MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK Well-Known Member

[quote author=wvalady1968 link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#5 date=05/02/04 at 13:26:56]
    Actually, Chuck, I saw a bumper sticker that expressed the way I feel right now.

A.B.B.
    [Anybody But Bush]

;)[/quote] And for those of the Alternate lifestyle, shave off the body and replace it with a thing!
    j/k ;) :D ;D

12. jonb

Gold Member

My favorite: "Quagmire accomplished!" I also liked "Dare to keep shock jocks off hillbilly heroin".

Here's some for our French and German (and anyone else in Europe that Bush has POed on a national level) users:

http://www.cafeshops.com/thewhitehouse/266791

13. Imported

Gold Member

gigantikok: [quote author=jonb link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#7 date=05/02/04 at 16:23:05]I always heard it was the ABBA crowd: Anyone But Bush Again. Of course, he wasn't elected the first time, and I don't just mean the B'nai Brith for Buchanan.[/quote]
    Put together as many ridiculous 2000 election conspiracy theories as you want to try and convince yourself Bush didn't win.  At the end of the day we all know that if Gore hadn't been a pathetic loser, and hadn't lost his own state and Clinton's state, he could have been president.

And anyway, Gore was up to some shady activities to try and get into office.  Let's not overlook his attempt at ONLY recounting ballots in 3 heavily democratic areas in Fl to try and represent everyone in the state, as opposed to recounting the entire state.  Let's not overlook the fact that during the recounting, he counted blank ballots for himself, as well as chads and punched holes nowhere near either of the candidate's names.  If the supreme court hadn't put a deadline on his recounting escapade, he would have gone on with that fisaco until he had fabricated enough votes to put him in office.  Bush wasn't a saint either, though, but to believe that Bush didn't win because of some silly conspiracy theories involving his brother controlling the state or blacks being denied voting is absolutely fucking ridiculous.  Sorry folks, it doesn't work that way.  Gore lost fair and square, get over it.

14. Imported

Gold Member

mindseye: You're making up facts here.

[quote author=gigantikok link=board=99;num=1083179981;start=0#12 date=05/03/04 at 20:49:29]Let's not overlook his attempt at ONLY recounting ballots in 3 heavily democratic areas in Fl to try and represent everyone in the state, as opposed to recounting the entire state.[/quote]

In fact, Florida recounts are conducted at the county level. To request a statewide recount, he'd have had to file motions in every county in the state. Since not all counties used the butterfly ballot or the punch-card voting, he would have lacked ground for filing in most counties. In fact, he went on record as being supportive of a statewide recount, even though he chose not to motion for recount in counties where he had no grounds for such a motion.

Um, he didn't count ballots. Surely you know this.

I believe you're underinformed on this issue, too, and the fact that you're using words like "silly" and "fucking" to intensify your claim only make your case weaker. Here is an exceptionally well-documented article on the illegal purge of qualified voters from the Florida rolls.

15. jonb

Gold Member

Oh, I was thinking of writing a filk about right-wing conspiracy theories:

So I freep, yeah
    Just always blame the Demos
    And use language which shows what I know
    So I freep, yeah
    Cause I do not care what Bush does
    But I know Clinton got a blow
    Oh, so I freep

Jon (Just so anyone doesn't think I'm biased, I wrote one about Clinton back during Bill/Monica called "What is Alone Now?")

Draft saved Draft deleted