Funny Singer / Song combinations...

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Chuck64 said:
In Vegas?

That's restaurant row... I'm suprised they're trying to make it there with all the well-established (order-at-the-table) restaurants.

Next time you're around there, check out Firefly. It's a great Spanish Tapas restaurant. The Sangria is awesome. It's on Paradise headed toward Twain - not far from Flamingo. They're only open in the evenings.

There's also a great Indian (as in India, not Native American) restaurant on Twain a block or two off of Paradise. They have a great lunch buffet on the weekends. It's not the greatest part of town, but I've been there quite a bit and never had trouble. I've never taken a date there - I'm not sure how homo-friendly they are.

Back to the subject: The Killers (who used to play a trans bar on Paradise near the Hard Rock before they became famous) singing Cher's "Strong enough"

I lived there when Baja Fresh opened and being an LA transplant, I was elated. I worked fine dining for so long that we went casual a lot. There are so many ways to spoil yourself now in the strip area. I don't remember the Killers performing at Gypsy, I lived there '98 to 2001. The Peppermill on the strip has the BEST Ruben sandwich in the world. I'm going to Vegas before summer to visit friends. I'll check out Firefly.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
mindseye - that's worth a thread of its own. Please start one?

mindseye said:
Not quite in the same vein, but . . .

If Cyndi Lauper married Dennis Hopper, she could be Cyndi Lauper-Hopper.

If Bea Arthur married Sting, she could be Bea Sting.

If Courteney Cox married David Zucker, she could be Courteney Cox-Zucker. ;)

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I lived in Vegas from 2004 until a few months ago. I don't remember Baja Fresh around there. I went to the one on Eastern. It was just a few blocks from work.

The Killers supposedly played at the trans bar next door to Gipsy... It closed down before I moved to Vegas. I think the name of the bar was Tramps - or the business in that building before Tramps? I'm not 100% sure... I stuck to Freezone, Gipsy and Goodtimes (in Liberace Plaza). Commercial Center was too far from home.

I don't really care for Gipsy, but some nights it's the only place with a decent crowd. The drag show gets old after the first 10 times you see it and the bar tenders are bitchy.

And for the subject of the thread: "I'll be there for you" by the Rembrandts performed by the Beastie Boys.

D_Elijah_MorganWood

Expert Member
Media
Chuck64 said:
I lived in Vegas from 2004 until a few months ago. I don't remember Baja Fresh around there. I went to the one on Eastern. It was just a few blocks from work.

The Killers supposedly played at the trans bar next door to Gipsy... It closed down before I moved to Vegas. I think the name of the bar was Tramps - or the business in that building before Tramps? I'm not 100% sure... I stuck to Freezone, Gipsy and Goodtimes (in Liberace Plaza). Commercial Center was too far from home.

I don't really care for Gipsy, but some nights it's the only place with a decent crowd. The drag show gets old after the first 10 times you see it and the bar tenders are bitchy.

And for the subject of the thread: "I'll be there for you" by the Rembrandts performed by the Beastie Boys.
Goodtimes has the BEST dance floor (polished Stainless steel). The only bar that was ever next to Gipsy while I lived there was Angles.

OK, strange song combos:

Britney Spears "I'm Still Here"