Further infiltration of the bedroom...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by absinthium, Oct 5, 2005.

1. absinthium

absinthium New Member

Albums:
    The rest of the article can be found here.

Also, here's the bill itself in PDF format.

Contained therein is the following:
    So basically, if you aren't a married, church-going, heterosexual woman, Indiana wants to make it illegal for you to have a child, unless it's conceived via sexual intercourse. That's right; all you homos and heathens, you can kiss your plans for in vitro fertilization, sperm donation, and egg donation goodbye.

And what are the penalties for going through with such a procedure without this gestational certificate? "[A prospective parent] who knowingly or willingly participates in an artificial reproduction procedure..." without court approval, "commits unauthorized reproduction, a Class B misdemeanor." The criminal charges will be the same for physicians who commit "unauthorized practice of artificial reproduction."
    For the purpose of comparison, in the state of Indiana, crimes such as battery and harassment are considered class B midemeanors, and those found guilty of such crimes are liable to pay fines up to $1000 and/or spend 180 days in jail.

My apologies if this has been posted on here before... I was just so outraged that I had to share it.

2. Sabln7

Sabln7 New Member

If we don't clean all of the legislative houses of these far right people at the next election, we have only ourselves to blame> VOTE!

3. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

WTF??? How are they going to know if an unmarried woman had a cock or a turkey baster in her puss? If she conceives out of state? Absolutely nuts. Thanks, absinthium.

4. madame_zora

Gold Member

These are the sadistic bastards I'm supposed to be respectful about? Not on your motherfucking life!

To say I'm outraged would be the understatement of the decade. I'm stunned speechless. Fuck.

It's time to overthrow the dictatorship. This shit needs to stop.

5. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

And to think we were worried about communists! So much for freedom.
    Anybody besides me ready for the second American Revolution?

B-man

6. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

Heheheh, you don't know me very well, do you, B-man? Let's put me in the white house and see what happens!

(By the way, under my "reformed" USC, the Indiana idiot who proposed this would be on trial for capital felony crimes against nature.)

7. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    wheee, another nightmare-made-flesh emerges from the seething, tortured imaginations of the taliban. oops, I mean republican party.

8. D_Barbi_Queue

D_Barbi_Queue Account Disabled

Doubtful it will pass (*fingers crossed*), but here's a quote from the author of the bill:

"We did want to address the issue of whether or not the law should
    allow single people to be parents. Studies have shown that a child
    raised by both parents - a mother and a father - do better. So, we
    do want to have laws that protect the children," she explained.

So here's my question: Do they plan on keeping parents from divorcing as well? Give me a break people! Our ancestors came to America to live in the "land of the free" - not to be governed by some silly laws just b/c you don't like what we are doing.

9. D_Barbi_Queue

I just ran across this if anyone wants to give them a piece of your mind:

source

10. Dr. Dilznick

Gold Member

*cough*

11. D_Barbi_Queue

Oops, sorry. I wasn't thinking.... :spank: (that's me on the receiving end)

12. madame_zora

Gold Member

Is it okay to make Nazi references NOW? Does anyone feel that this has all happened before and everything is going to be okay and work itself out all by itself?

13. Freddie53

Gold Member

We really need to encourage the Republicans to show their true colors and advertise such as this to the general population. Surely, America as a country doesn't support this kind of control.

It is none of the government's business how the sperm got there or how the egg got there either for that matter. Once again, this is a private matter. And only the physicians and the patients should be involved. Insurance companies can decide what they cover in their insurance policies, but they are private and people have a choice which insurance company to use.

Reminds me of the last time the Republicans were in power back in the 1950's. That was the era of Senator Joe McCarthy. Then the Republicans were after every one in Hollywood for being a Communist. And many lives were destoryed before the Senate finally censured Joe McCarthy for his unprofesional conduct as chairman of a committee in the senate. Maybe folks we remember this and not return the Republicans to office again for a long time.

14. Bananaman

Bananaman New Member

Heheheh, you don't know me very well, do you, B-man? Let's put me in the white house and see what happens!

(By the way, under my "reformed" USC, the Indiana idiot who proposed this would be on trial for capital felony crimes against nature.)
    [post=349118]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I like it! DC for Prez!!!! A gay guy in the White House! Wouldn't that shake up those miserable right-wing creeps? I like your reformed USC, too, but it'll have to go a lot farther than that.

Now, if we can't get you elected, I know a number of former Marines beside the two of us....

And yes, Mme. Z, Nazi references certainly seem to apply, but even that fails to address the depths of my disgust!

B-man

15. KinkGuy

Gold Member

So just where does this discrimination at the least or most appropriately, racial cleansing (and that's what it is) end? For now you must only be a married man and woman. What's next? You must have a certain income, live in certain areas, be only educated to a certain level, be willing to murder any child not of the approved gender, be only white and able to prove your bloodline????

DOES ANY OF THIS SOUND FAMILIAR???????????????????????
    TO ANYONE????????????????????????????????????????????????

16. jonb

Gold Member

*cough*
    [post=349142]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    More *cough*

17. jonb

Gold Member

It's funny how they talk about 'studies' this and 'studies' that. Always with the 'studies' which don't let anyone review them. Probably because their methodology's flawed in a bazillion ways.

18. D_Barbi_Queue

More *cough*
    [post=349204]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I'm sorry jon, I wasn't thinking of your people either.

OK - no more pointing out the error of my comment from anyone else!! You all know the point I was trying to make. Geeze!

19. surferboy

Gold Member

Albums:
    More *cough*
    [post=349204]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

I'm sorry jon, I wasn't thinking of your people either.

OK - no more pointing out the error of my comment from anyone else!! You all know the point I was trying to make. Geeze!
    [post=349243]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

More more *cough*

Don't forget about Hawaiians :p

20. madame_zora

Gold Member

Oh, it's NOT just that they must be a married man and woman, they must ALSO be affiliated with a Christian church! I shit you not, that's part of the requirement! AND, if any of the lezbos go ahead and procreate AGAINST THE LAW, they risk being fined and/or imprisoned! This is america, folks, right here and now. This makes your further concerns very real indeed.

While I find it unlikely that it will pass (although nothing surprises me thesedays), the very fact that it is being discussed creeps me the fuck out. We simply CAN'T be tolerant of this horseshit anymore. If we don't scream now, and loudly, our voices may be forever muffled.

Draft saved Draft deleted