FWB or more??

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Chrisv66, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Chrisv66

Chrisv66 New Member

I'll try to make this as short and sweet as possible. Met online March 2010. Starting seeing eachother on a regular basis April 2010. It was a friends with benefits thing. I fell in love with him about 6 months ago, but didn't tell him. Now we recently had an issue and he told me that he's been hurt by all his previous girlfriends, that they left him, etc. and he has his walls up and is guarding his heart. He said "It's not that I don't love you, it's just not a crazy obsessive love. I think of you as my girlfriend". He also stated that he isn't fucking anyone else and hasn't since we started.

Should I now assume he's becoming more open to an actual relationship...boyfriend/girlfriend thing?

We usually used to basically meet for a bite to eat....back to my place. He slept over and cuddled all night after sex and stayed til morning.

Now we have started going to the movies, making plans for summer time outings, going out more socially.

He is 31 and I am 39 and he has only introduced me to one of his friends. No other friends or family. I feel maybe he has issues with the age difference but he says it doesn't bother him. Tells me I'm beautiful, etc.

I am sooooooooo confused. Not very experienced with playing the games of dating. I'm very straight forward.

2. Coaster

Coaster Member

i'd say make your intenstiosn clear but don't push or perusre him on it. give him time and i'm sure he'll start feelign safer with you and than want to move forword. just say you'll be ready when he is. :)

3. thirtyseven

thirtyseven New Member

Talk to him about it. Let him know. Be honest. Communication is key. If you feel that he's showing you enough signals or signs then jump on it. If not... at least you can still fuck him. No, seriously, talk to him about it. Don't assume and also maybe help him out with his insecurities. Clean out the closet and be straight forward about how you feel with everything. Good luck !

4. Chrisv66

Chrisv66 New Member

Thanks...giving someone time is key. The walls are still so high....hopefully they will crumble down with time. I am hopeful and have had good signs

5. D_Billy_Buttram

D_Billy_Buttram Account Disabled

Best of luck!

6. atlas23

atlas23 Member

Albums:
    I think that you are his gf... but talk to him with whatever is bothering you... good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted