FYI the President was just here

Discussion in 'Politics' started by helgaleena, Sep 29, 2010.

1. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    #1 helgaleena, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. Incocknito

Gold Member

3. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    They look like extremely conventional pleated dress pants to me, like the kind that come with a jacket and is called a suit :rolleyes:

Somewhat OT:
    When I worked designing and selling custom artisan furniture for a small company in New Haven, CT, we had a woman come in who was doing some guest lecturing (or something similar) at Yale. She was very nice and all, but became absolutely insistent that my boss fly me to Madison so I could properly assess how we could best avail her of our goods and services.

There was just some really strange disconnect in her brain as to why neither my boss nor I were bullish on her plan. When I suggested that she just e-mail me some photos and room dimensions, she was all put out.

OTOH, I understand that Madison is home to some of the most outstanding pieces of Prairie Style architecture to be found anywhere in the world, including a few my Mr Wright himself. The trip would have been nice but could never have been justified by what she planned on actually purchasing.

4. helgaleena

Gold Member

Albums:
    wtf did she want you to fly to Madison for when she was going to be at Yale? That is the fishiest thing about that...

Obama didn't go on a tour of architectural landmarks unless you count circling the Capitol building with his motorcade..

5. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    She was only going to be at Yale for a few months, and she felt that a home visit would be required so that I could better appreciate the "context" of whatever purchase she was considering making. Evidently her home was spec-tac-u-lar :rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted