G.W.Bush voted as one of the top 10 presidents???

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by unabear09, Feb 17, 2008.

1. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    I stumbled on an article on AOL and am absolutely horrified by it. In the article, a poll (Harris Poll) had been conducted in efforts to find out who the greatest presidents of all time were. Of course, the man at number one on the list was the late great Abraham Lincoln. I have no problem with this or numbers 2 thru 9.... However when they get to the number ten president on the list, to my horror, they chose George W. Bush :eek22:. Does anyone else here have a HUGE freaking problem with this poll? :confused: Number 10? Can someone help explain to me how this man even made it into the top 40?? Looking forward to your responses!

:sour::feedback::wtf1::puke::rant::thumbsdown:

oh yeah here's a link i hope it works una

Americans Rank Lincoln as Top President - AOL News

2. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

He's current.

Americans are habitually and traditionally idiots and don't know much of our own history. George is one of the few they know.

Sad, I find. Read up, kids.

With Geeky Love,
    James Madison's #1 Fan

3. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I voted to put him in the lower third...lower thousandth would be more like it but it wasn't a choice.

4. Krusader

Gold Member

Albums:
    that is surprising. how much kick back did AOL receive for that

5. ActionBuddy

Gold Member

Albums:
  6. B_lamdellboo

B_lamdellboo New Member

7. yurkon

yurkon New Member

c'mon, he gave us great one liners:

"Childrens do learn..."

Sadly, I voted for him, but didn't like my choices then, so no regrets.
    Same for upcoming election: Hillary is an evil manipulative self important bitch. Obama's middle name is Hussein and church beliefs are all about Africa, not african american's africa. That's ain't riiiiight. McCain is another version of the Bush's until Jeb is ready to run.

I think it's funny dems hate bush so much because the differences between the two parties is actually quite small. It used to be republicans (reagan) were for smaller federal gov't, with more state powers and wanted to cut taxes to stim the economy. Well, Bush didn't adhere to that. Spent like crazy, deficit is huge. Looking back Ross Perot actually had his eye on the ball. Again I voted for bush and would put him close to the bottom and only above presidents that died in their first year serving.

Hall of famers: Washington, Theodore Roosevelt, then Jefferson and maybe Lincoln.

All my hall of fames are much smaller than the norm, be it baseball or presidents. Lincoln happened to be president during a tough time. As a southerner, I believe we lost a lot of states rights in the civil war, but most people only focus on slavery. Glad slavery is gone, but I think we lost out on states rights.

8. ZOS23xy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Jeb Bush was set to run until the current office holder began bungling everything up. With Bush, there is no real effort at diplomacy, "My way" is his only theme. The first Bush was also kind of short sighted, and when the man tried to show how down to earth he was, he was baffled by check out scanners at a supermarket...

Anyhow, anyone else in office would be better than the current President.

9. D_Joseba_Guntertwat

D_Joseba_Guntertwat New Member

And Ronald Reagan at number two? Why do people actually think he was good? He was another imbecile, like Bush.

10. milkluver

milkluver New Member

WHAT I REALLY KNOW IS IF THEY VOTE ? DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE , LET ME KNOW ............................:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

11. D_Tintagel_Demondong

Bush at #1, Reagan at #2... I guess the deeper they get America into debt the more popular they are.

Unfortunatly there are Americans who think that it's OK for a president to invade an innocent country and kill thousands of their people, but if he gets his dick sucked by an eager intern then he's a monster.

Some people's priorities....

12. TurkeyWithaSunburn

Gold Member

Albums:
    MMM how did he make it to number one?
    Prozac induced voting results?

Because most people don't realize that Dick Cheney and Carl Rove each have a hand up his ass fisting him to do whatever they want. That makes him a talking stooge :)
    Because most Americans still think that Iraq had something to do with 9/11. Because most Americans don't realize they had fully developed war plans for Iraq when he was elected to office.
    Because his drunk driving history has magically disappeared.
    MMM what about those tapes where he admits he did pot or coke and then says he'd never admit that publically.

But as an American I must say we are short sighted.. the big things in life don't matter.. anna nicole's death and britney spears shaving her head was the headline story on CNN the day it happened.

OK well this has been fun.. now need to turn on the tv and see if Amy Winehouse has relapsed, or if Brit has come out of the looney bin yet :p

13. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

top 10 worst. If he made the list it is because they could not think of 10 presidents name without including him.

14. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I've seen this several times before. Bush regularly makes top 10 lists just as a simple belligerent political statement. His dwindling group of supporters (the 20-30% of them left) will vote for him in the poll just as a way of asserting that they are right and the rest of the country is wrong. I think Bill Clinton often gets included in these lists for the same reason, more contemporary political statement than carefully weighed and reasoned historical opinion. For that matter, so does Reagan, though I think his popularity will stand the test of time far better than Bush or Clinton.

15. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

tongue in cheek responses, maybe?

16. D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead Account Disabled

A poll of historians recently put Dubya close to the bottom of the list of American presidents. In time, most Americans will realize how bad he really is, and acknowledge it or forget him, either of which is probably OK. This goes beyond politics; a sizeable number of people in his own party rate him pretty low.

Saw another interesting poll just today saying that people in four European countries (France, Italy, Spain, Germany, I think) wanted Obama to the the next US president; in the UK, they were for Hillary.

17. D_Tintagel_Demondong

GOPs keep telling Americans that the Dems will gouge their pockets with their social programs. "Spend, spend, spend."

Clinton took office during America's second-worse fiscal crisis and ended his second term with a thriving economy. But then, he got his dick sucked, so I guess he was a bad president.

Bush admirably asserted his party loyalty by signing the government rebate bill. Americans should soon be getting their $600 cheques from the generous Republicans. In the upcoming presidential debates, you'll see McCain talk about how the Republicans just want to save the Americans money and how the Democrats want to spend, spend spend.

Clinton got America out of debt and back on her feet. Bush got the nation $9 trillion in debt in just a few years. Who really wants to spend, spend, spend?

Yes, I am a Clinton fan, but just the male half.

18. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    I think Reagan will stay in lists, may move down a little, but the guy was immensely popular at one point, and went head-to-head with the Cold War, the communicator, etc....

19. faceking

faceking Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Per where GW stands... it's a bit too early for that.

20. B_dumbcow

B_dumbcow New Member

Albums:
    Probably because most people only know ten presidents...

:wink:

Draft saved Draft deleted