G8 - The gormless eight strike again

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
This is so irresponsible I don't even know where to begin. Sticking a $60 billion dollar number on a supposed provision but give absolutely no information on how, when, or where it will be spent? Doesn't matter how large the proposed number is if there is no accountability for where it all goes.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is so irresponsible I don't even know where to begin. Sticking a $60 billion dollar number on a supposed provision but give absolutely no information on how, when, or where it will be spent? Doesn't matter how large the proposed number is if there is no accountability for where it all goes.

Touting this as an extra $60 Billion when $30 Billion was already earmarked by the US (not to knock that) is misleading and a cheap attempt at a PR sleight of hand.

For many reasons, I'm not a strong advocate of overseas aid in many cases, especially in Africa but in reality there's only an extra $3 Billion over the next three years, of course the G8 leaders expect the press to focus on the headline figure and ignore the details. None of which are legally binding or detailed in any sense other than the vaguest.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but I'm not, not at all.