GA Bar Owner Sells Shirts Depicting Obama as Chimp

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Dude, you are just to damned ignorant to deal with. You are so ignorant, you can't even spell correctly. Just proves the point that people who are uneducated are racists, no matter their color.
If you're so ashamed of this country and of being American, Why not just pack your stuff and move to some place you think would be a better place for you.

really? i cant spell correctly? please show me where? and i am educated. and please show me how i'm racist.

ye ai know the "well then pack your siht and leave" thing is popular. but not practical. hell if i had the means and already finished my degree i would be outta this shit hole.

and reverend wright? i dont even like him. what "gimmick " do i need? im simply expressing how i feel about this hypocritical country. im not running for office.

and to jack napier. i said those people were innocent. i said it was a sshame that innocent citizens have to die for the wrongs of their ancestors. i agree completely with you. i know they were innocent. but so were the indians and africans.

what im saying is, alot of americans act like this country is a chior boy and anyone who threatens it is threatening freedom. even though this country is built on anything but freedom. all im saying is this country had it coming and that we shouldnt be so suprised.

o and ballsaplenty, thanks for calling me ignorant, illiterate, and uneducated even though you dont even know me. which tells me who is really the ignorant one

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
"and to jack napier. i said those people were innocent. i said it was a sshame that innocent citizens have to die for the wrongs of their ancestors. i agree completely with you. i know they were innocent. but so were the indians and africans."

You can't make assumptions about what peoples ancestors have done.

B_becominghorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
but so were the indians and africans.

No group was ever innocent. It's always been predators and prey, and even if it shouldn't be, that's still the way it is. There was plenty of black slave trade in Africa, also whites sold into slavery, everybody after his own ass and a buck. and The Indians had long ago taken over the continent themselves. It's a matter of how far you can go back, the more time the less it seems egregious. For example , the slavery of blacks seems worse than taking the U.S. for the English, because it's more recent and we can still feel its results. But there have always been empires and conquerors and there always will be. It's mostly about which racism you identify to a lesser or greater degree.

I don't care whether you're educated or not, but I agree you are ignorant. But so what.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
As someone with an extremely intelligent and refined but inactively racist grandmother, I can assure you that your sweeping generalization is not entirely correct.

I can assure you it is.

Intelligence/refinement does not equal an evolved human being.

Believing that someone is inferior simply because of where they are from in the world, what language they speak, and their skin's melanin reaction to the sun is primitive, backwater, animal behavior. And if you grandmother is racist, she is a primitive creature, as are all racists.

She and all racists are primitive in comparison to the level of intelligence and evolution that the human creature should have reached at this point in time. She is part of a dying breed of racists as I said earlier.

It's possible to have a level of refinement and intelligence and still be primitive. There are monkeys who know how to set tables perfectly for a fine dinner. There are monkeys who have been shot into space.

There are different levels of Homo Sapiens. Some of us are evolving towards whatever comes after this. And some of us seem as if we are caught in between Homo Erectus and Homo Sapiens...very primitive creatures with manner, intelligence, but still caught in basic, de-evolved behavior, i.e. racists.

Just because you know a thing or two doesn't mean you are an evolved creature. Just because you possess a level of intelligence and "refinement" doesn't mean that you are no longer primitive.

How refined can you be when you support the oppression and destruction of anyone who doesn't look like you?

How intelligence can you be when you're too dumb to know that skin color is nothing but the skin's reaction to the sun programmed into a group of people over generations based on their location in the world.

If you group ten men from different races in a room and peel their skin off, they all look the same underneath. Men are not different. Race does not exist. We are a HUMAN creature, and a HUMAN race. Unfortunately some of us are too stupid to realize that a species can have different skin tones or speaks different languages, and still be of the same species.

Where is the intelligence? Where is the refinement?

I don't see it.

And I believe that for all racists...including African Americans who are racist against other races. I think my grandmother it primitive too, when she spouts her ignorance. at the television screen about "The White Man". The only thing we can do is admit that are a primitive version of man, and realize that progress and intelligence has been made. And we can hold fast to that intelligence and keep it moving.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know if you were referring to my previous post, so I should clarify. I meant that if you can't see your racism, you can't even make efforts to avoid its harmful effects, starting with the most harmful. To pretend race does not exist seems to me as ridiculous as saying racism could exist without it. People's value is not based on their skin colour, but their race and their place of origin are part of their culture. Otherwise, no point in talking about Black Culture, Eastern Culture, Japanese culture, and the rest. But I think the ravages of all racisms would be more likely minimized if we all realize that we are somewhat racist. We are not all like George Wallace , nor are we all like Louis Farrakhan. Anybody knows that denial of something primitive and backward usually makes it go in deeper.

I was referring to the original post.

However race doesn't exist. Skin color is merely the skin's reaction to the sun programmed into a group of people over time. Culture and language is the human response of a group people over time in relation to their environment and choice of development. But if you peel the skin off men, we are all the same underneath. And the more we come together the more we become one species, with one language, one understanding, and an ideal.

Race doesn't exist. What DOES exist is primitive, animalistic, idealogies created by a primitive version of man who thought that different color skin, hair, and differing features must equal different species.

But there is one species. Homo sapiens. That's what we all are. Race is a primitive concept created by uneducated, animalistic, man.

If we are going to call ourselves Homo Sapiens, it's about time we started behaving like Man who THINKS.

And man who THINKS would educate themselves to know that humans are all of one race and one species, we just have different skin color. And as we unite, things like language and culture become intertwined, as they are already doing.

To the intelligent man, concepts like race seem like exactly what they are: primitive uneducated meanderings.

To the fool, they seem like reality...a reality that breeds fear and jealousy...a reality that results in racism.

It's about time we started being intelligent, and eradicate the primitive idea of "Race".

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No group was ever innocent. It's always been predators and prey, and even if it shouldn't be, that's still the way it is. There was plenty of black slave trade in Africa, also whites sold into slavery, everybody after his own ass and a buck. and The Indians had long ago taken over the continent themselves. It's a matter of how far you can go back, the more time the less it seems egregious. For example , the slavery of blacks seems worse than taking the U.S. for the English, because it's more recent and we can still feel its results. But there have always been empires and conquerors and there always will be. It's mostly about which racism you identify to a lesser or greater degree.

I don't care whether you're educated or not, but I agree you are ignorant. But so what.

yea there was black slave trade in africa. it didnt involve millions ending up in america. and yes, the indians did take over the continent. but there was no one here. it didnt involve them coming here in the name if freedom, with slaves in their back pocket.

and as to the farrakhan comments and the whole islam thing, i think he is a disgrace to our my people. and if i was a muslim i would join his nation of islam. and please tell me where i said that terrorist are heroes. i dont believe that. trust me, me beliefs have nothing to do with religion. i dont need to devote myself toa specific faith to cope with death. because that's all religion is, a way to cope with death.

but that simply shines a brighter light on your ignorance. to think that i must be a muslim because i made those comments. im not trying to defend ANY religion, but maybe you should read what islam is really about before you make any assumptions or generalizations

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
then fucking BE one, you've in no way demonstrated that you are. A meanderer and Ignoree you definitely are.

I don't believe "ignoree" is a word. And for a man who has a signature that mutilates a classic song into ignorance about witnessing a dick, and instructs people to "Wake Up and Smell the Man-Butt Roses"...you should certainly be the last to call someone an "ignoree".

In any event, it is evident where the true ignorance lies. It is always entertaining to me, that when people are unable to stand their ground in an intelligent debate they have to resort to what you just typed. You could have just waved the white flag, kiddo.

And I AM being the intelligent man that I speak of. I have, unlike many people, educated myself on the human species, on the scientific explanation for our different skin colors and development, and on cultural development in the world in an attempt to better understand our species, our world, and to better intelligently disprove primitive ideas from the past that still haunt and destroy us. From an intelligent and scientific point of view, I have established that humanity is ONE race, and ONE species, the Homo Sapiens. We come in different shades, sizes, and colors, and we speak different languages, but we are one race, and one species. And the more we work towards unity, and become the HUMAN RACE, and the HUMAN SPECIES, the more we will eradicate ignorant and primitive ideas of the past like Race, and the primitive fear-based response it breed, i.e. racism, etc.

You would do well to educate yourself. You would then see the difference between primitive idea, and modern intelligent reasoning.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Is that a serious question?

Yes.

One word is far more loaded than the other for a start.

Why? Women and black people are both groups that have been historically oppressed.

That's not the point - the point is 'bitch' does not MEAN 'woman' in the way that 'nigger' MEANS 'black person'. Not historically, not etymologically, not currently.

'Bitch' is a nasty, bad, mean woman - but it does not imply that all women are nasty, bad or mean. 'Nigger' is a black person - the word itself carries the implication that all black people are bad and/or inferior. Can you not see the difference?

Nope. It sounds like you're picking and choosing your definitions of the two slurs.

Every word spoken is heavily reliant on context - especially slurs - but I stand by the fact that 'bitch' does not include all women and 'nigger' does include all black people. I don't see how you can argue against that. It is fact.

Calling a woman a bitch is not saying you are bad because you are a woman - it is using a feminized insult on a female subject. Calling a black person a nigger is saying that being black is the 'problem'.

See above.

Likewise - see above. And then tell me how you define 'bitch' and 'nigger'.

Which is why it would not be such an issue if a black person uses the term 'nigger' for Obama - because the implicit badness is lessened (mitigated to a point of inoffensiveneess?) when the person is included in the group they are referring to.

Oh. The "that's our word" argument. I have trouble buying into that one.

You may well have trouble with it - but it does appear to be the thinking of an awful lot of people.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Anybody can be called a bitch, regardless of race, gender, sexual preference or religion. It only makes sense to call a black person a nigger, otherwise the person sounds stupid in addition to still coming off as racist.

Bitch is generic.
Nigger is specific.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That's not the point - the point is 'bitch' does not MEAN 'woman' in the way that 'nigger' MEANS 'black person'. Not historically, not etymologically, not currently.

Every word spoken is heavily reliant on context - especially slurs - but I stand by the fact that 'bitch' does not include all women and 'nigger' does include all black people. I don't see how you can argue against that. It is fact.

Likewise - see above. And then tell me how you define 'bitch' and 'nigger'.

You may well have trouble with it - but it does appear to be the thinking of an awful lot of people.

i agree. i dont like the "thats our word" shit. and im black. i slip and say nigga every now and then when im with the fellas but i try not to. but just because that's the widespread thinking doesnt make it right. personally i hate that word. but our community is still letting our kids be raised by BET and that cocksucker 50 cent. cause when we should be teaching about the ways and truths of the world, we're busy droppin it like its hot or kissin farrakahn's ass.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

Reference?

Those two bolded assertions are contradictory. And you're calling things "facts", that aren't.

It sounds a lot like you're saying that sexist slurs are ok, and racist slurs aren't.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Per the word "nigger":

People need to realize that there really IS a difference between "nigger" and "nigga".

There REALLY is.

*Nigger = the old racist term used to belittle and attack African Americans during slavery

*Nigga = a term that derived from the proper form of "nigger", as a term of endearment. African Americans were so accustomed to being called nigger by whites, that they in essence began calling each other "nigga" removing the "er" based on their poor English skills at the time and assuming the word all-together based on sub-par comprehension skills. However in editing and assuming the word, and thereafter editing the context and direction of it's usage, they in essence created a completely different word.

"Nigga" is NOT the "ebonics" or slang version of nigger. It's a different word.

I would and do call a lot of my black friends "nigga".

I would never call them "nigger".

We REALLY have to understand that when we discuss a word like that. To the subjects of this word, i.e. African Americans, a great percentage of us believe there is a difference between the two words and how we use them.

Because the "Black Folks call each other that" argument doesn't apply. We do not call each other "nigger". We call each other "nigga". You must realize this, and you must realize that a great percentage of us differentiate the word, before you attempt to use the "Well black folks call each other that" argument. We perceive two different words. Nigga versus Nigger.

There's a difference. Do NOT belittle that difference.

That's like being a chemist and saying there's no difference between HOH and HO. "Oh well, one just has an extra hydrogen part".

That makes a HUGE different. With two parts hydrogen it's water. With one part, it's a hydroxyl radical.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
nig·ger
thinsp.png
Audio Help/ˈnɪg
thinsp.png
ər
/
Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nig-er]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
—Usage note The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments—but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.
–noun 1.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a.a black person. b.a member of any dark-skinned people. 2.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. 3.a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.
nigger - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Seems like nigger can apply to non-black people, too.

D_Thoraxis_Biggulp

Experimental Member
Media
Per the word "nigger":

People need to realize that there really IS a difference between "nigger" and "nigga".

There REALLY is.

*Nigger = the old racist term used to belittle and attack African Americans during slavery

*Nigga = a term that derived from the proper form of "nigger", as a term of endearment. African Americans were so accustomed to being called nigger by whites, that they in essence began calling each other "nigga" removing the "er" based on their poor English skills at the time and assuming the word all-together based on sub-par comprehension skills. However in editing and assuming the word, and thereafter editing the context and direction of it's usage, they in essence created a completely different word.

"Nigga" is NOT the "ebonics" or slang version of nigger. It's a different word.

I would and do call a lot of my black friends "nigga".

I would never call them "nigger".

We REALLY have to understand that when we discuss a word like that. To the subjects of this word, i.e. African Americans, a great percentage of us believe there is a difference between the two words and how we use them.

Because the "Black Folks call each other that" argument doesn't apply. We do not call each other "nigger". We call each other "nigga". You must realize this, and you must realize that a great percentage of us differentiate the word, before you attempt to use the "Well black folks call each other that" argument. We perceive two different words. Nigga versus Nigger.

There's a difference. Do NOT belittle that difference.

That's like being a chemist and saying there's no difference between HOH and HO. "Oh well, one just has an extra hydrogen part".

That makes a HUGE different. With two parts hydrogen it's water. With one part, it's a hydroxyl radical.

I always thought it was just a matter of pronunciation due to accents and dialects. H'uh...

Nikkiwadlin

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Haagen Daaz..... It's like me calling a fag, a fag, or queer, or cocksuccker, but str8 calling us that is offensive! How about a dyke, or Mick, or ginny, or a heeb, We all have names we call each other, but don't let someone from the outside use those names. We are all human, can't we just forget these names and be human?

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Reference?

Those two bolded assertions are contradictory. And you're calling things "facts", that aren't.

It sounds a lot like you're saying that sexist slurs are ok, and racist slurs aren't.

Bitch is not a sexist slur - it is a slur that applies to women. That is not the same thing. I think, looking back at an earlier post by becoming, that maybe there are some difference in my Anglo-Irish use of bitch and your Nth American use of bitch.

You want a reference for the fact that nigger means black person? Holy fuck man, you are stretching. You're just arguing semantics because you can. Context IS important - but context will not change the underlying fact that 'nigger' means 'black person' and 'bitch' does not mean 'woman'. I'm not going to bother repeating that any more - if you don't believe that, fine - you're in the minority.

nig·ger http://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.png [URL]http://cache.lexico.com/g/d/speaker.gif[/URL] Audio Help/ˈnɪghttp://cache.lexico.com/dictionary/graphics/luna/thinsp.pngər/Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nig-er]Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
—Usage note The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. Definitions 1a, 1b, and 2 represent meanings that are deeply disparaging and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. Definition 1a, however, is sometimes used among African-Americans in a neutral or familiar way. Definition 3 is not normally considered disparaging—as in “The Irish are the niggers of Europe” from Roddy Doyle's The Commitments—but the other uses are considered contemptuous and hostile.
–noun 1.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a.a black person. b.a member of any dark-skinned people. 2.Slang: Extremely Disparaging and Offensive. a person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc. 3.a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks; a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised.
nigger - Definitions from Dictionary.com

Seems like nigger can apply to non-black people, too.

Yes - I'm Irish and I have been called a 'white nigger', more than once. Notice the 'white' qualifier - I didn't choose that, that's how the people attempting to insult me chose to qualify 'nigger' because clearly, to them, 'nigger' meant 'black'. Personally I don't see being equated with black people as an insult so they were somewhat pissing in the wind.

Saying the Irish are the niggers of Europe is not saying the Irish are black, nor is it saying that 'niggers' can be white - it is there as clear as day in your quote "a victim of prejudice similar to that suffered by blacks" - maybe you are trying to use the last part there "a person who is economically, politically, or socially disenfranchised" but I certainly have never heard it used in that context without 'black' also being implicit.