GAH! Vista boot-up issues. Anyone available to help?

Incocknito

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Restart the craptop

Press F5 repeatedly

Select Do Not Force Restart On System Failure

Press F5 repeatedly again (PC will restart)

Select Safe Mode

Make a note of which file it stops at before the blue screen comes up.

Make a note of the blue screen error (code eg 000x800????) and any text that goes with it such as Unmountable Boot Volume...or whatever.

Use Imgburn for making ISO's. Google it.

Sounds like you may need some third party drivers in order for the laptop to work correctly. You may be able to find them on the manufacturer's website or may have to contact them directly.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Restart the craptop

Press F5 repeatedly

Select Do Not Force Restart On System Failure

Press F5 repeatedly again (PC will restart)

Select Safe Mode

Make a note of which file it stops at before the blue screen comes up.

Make a note of the blue screen error (code eg 000x800????) and any text that goes with it such as Unmountable Boot Volume...or whatever.

Use Imgburn for making ISO's. Google it.

Sounds like you may need some third party drivers in order for the laptop to work correctly. You may be able to find them on the manufacturer's website or may have to contact them directly.

I'm gonna have to try that. I've kinda given up on it the past few days. lol. Frustrated the hell out of me.

Pendlum

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Call me crazy, but am I the only one who thinks it is odd that you could possibly install a whole new OS on a supposedly failing hard disk? I like HG's idea of using a linux live CD for diagnostic purposes, Ubuntu is a pretty user friendly flavor of linux, just search around on how to use it to test your hardware. (goggle.com/linux is always a good option)

As for the drivers, I doubt it. Most laptops are built where any essential hardware will accept many many default drivers.

However recording the error message is always a good idea so you can look up what other people have done to possible fix it.