Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
For the last year and some I've been shredding, went from 200lbs down to 135 in a few months and kept calorie counting to maintain from there. I've just bought a gainer which fills up most of my macros for the day - so just wondering if any guys out there have tips on how to avoid gaining fat in the process

Favourite exercises, favourite lean lunches, etc? Maybe others can benefit from the thread too.

PS: No creatine tips. I want muscle not water

D

deleted963073

if you are trying to add size, i would just take it slow. too many people scrap the whole foods and start eating too much junk. some fat gain is inevitable if you are taking in additional calories, but with good food choices, should be incremental. salmon and cottage cheese are my top proteins these days. good luck!

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
For the last year and some I've been shredding, went from 200lbs down to 135 in a few months and kept calorie counting to maintain from there. I've just bought a gainer which fills up most of my macros for the day - so just wondering if any guys out there have tips on how to avoid gaining fat in the process

Favourite exercises, favourite lean lunches, etc? Maybe others can benefit from the thread too.

You'll be a bazillionaire if you ever find the secret.
I presume a gainer is a supplement--but what kind?
I think most lifting coaches would tell you that you can't build muscle without gaining body fat along the way because fat is a necessary component for getting the stuff from your dinner plate into your muscles.

moveinreverse

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
if you are trying to add size, i would just take it slow. too many people scrap the whole foods and start eating too much junk. some fat gain is inevitable if you are taking in additional calories, but with good food choices, should be incremental. salmon and cottage cheese are my top proteins these days. good luck!

For sure! Taking it slow is always the plan. Not a big fan of the carb loaded look. Thanks for the tip bud.

You'll be a bazillionaire if you ever find the secret.
I presume a gainer is a supplement--but what kind?
I think most lifting coaches would tell you that you can't build muscle without gaining body fat along the way because fat is a necessary component for getting the stuff from your dinner plate into your muscles.

Don’t think my post is looking for any hidden secrets, just looking for tips but thanks.

chicocklarge

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

You shredded from 200 down to 135? Did you look gaunt?

Eat a lot(quality and enough protein), gain weight, lift heavy, gain muscle.