GAINING weight with high metabolism.

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
We're all familiar with the constant commercials and poster adverts on tips for weight loss, but I have the opposite problem.

My metabolic rate is sky-high, and I am very active, but I cannot gain any fat deposits on my body. I could eat Crisco and still burn it off (well, of course it would clog my arteries but I digress).

I have a swimmer's build without ever swimming. I'm toned, but, slim.

Can anyone relate to this or point me in the right direction?

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How old are you? I had the same problem when I was younger. When I hit 30 I finally started to put on a bit of much needed weight. No in my early 40's, I have to actually watch my weight. I'm still slim but the pounds definately start to gather around the stomach area. Your problem could just be age related.

Novaboy

The Legend

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
It simply has to do with how much you eat. eat more often maybe 5 times a day, although eating more times a day will increase metabolic rate, so you can eat more per sitting. Try to knock all your nutrients up, carbs and fats mostly, protein is only necessary to a certain point then its just wasteful to eat and takes more energy to turn into energy so for you is counter productive.

Carbs and fats are you best bet, but keep it healthy with complex carbs like brown rice and whole grain bread and efa's like fish oil, flaxseed oil, olive oil, those are all very good although olive oil doesnt have the omega 3s that flax and fish do. Try to eat 800 calories per meal which with 5 meals is 4000 calories. try and figure out what your eating in calories before you eat it to make sure you get enough, and when not certain estimate or overestimate.

Also weight training, if not already doing it, will help alot. You will gain muslce wieght and that is the point. Hit the gym 3 times a week for an hour if you can, make sure you dont stay much longer than an hour or else you will catabolize and lose mass.

Hope that helped, if you want more just ask, you know where to find me

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm built the same way. When I turned about 21, I started to put on some weight. When I was in high school my weight was 150lbs, and I'm 6'3"! Now I'm at 180. I'm almost 30, and noticing some more weight kind of creep in there. You can always bulk up by lifting heavy weight and increasing your calorie intake, but you've probably been down that road. When I was trying that, my entire day revolved around food and workouts. It was difficult because most people don't have that kind of time.

dingdong

Cherished Member
Media
Yes! I'm in this situation!

I'm 5'9" and I weigh 126lbs. No matter how much I eat, I never "bulk up". At times, when I eat alot of food, ALL, and yes, ALL of it just goes around my stomach area, but my collar-bone and rib-cages still stick out! :confused::confused:

Why is it doing this? Why doesnt it just deposit evenly throughout the body? Also, I have a question: When people say to "increase your calorie intake if you want to gain weight", surely this should just make you out of shape and have love-handles and a flabby stomach? :confused:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
it's just ur somatype dude. i've always been pretty lean too, no matter what i eat or how much i work out i never get much change in my body. it's like my body knows i'm switchin it up and it ramps up my metabloism to compensate. anyway i'd rather be like i am than weigh 400lbs and not be able to lose weight. that would suk.

D_Mainssworthe Maleorgan

Account Disabled
Media
it's just ur somatype dude. i've always been pretty lean too, no matter what i eat or how much i work out i never get much change in my body. it's like my body knows i'm switchin it up and it ramps up my metabloism to compensate. anyway i'd rather be like i am than weigh 400lbs and not be able to lose weight. that would suk.

Ture, that's a good point, too.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i saw this dude on that "doctors" show the other day who wrote in and wanted to know about pec implants for men cuz he wanted his chest bigger and couldn't gain mass by lifting. the dude was totally hot i would have fukd him right there, but in his head he thought his body was shit. it's fukd how people see themselves so different than others do.