Gaining weight.

avalonlovelove

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has anyone else had trouble gaining weight like I have?My whole life I have been skinny now I am 6'5 and still skinny.I am very self conscious about how I look I have a gap in my chest that they told me when I was a child I would outgrow and slowly it does seem to be happening now thank god.But I used to lift weights like tiny barbells and drink powder that was supposed to help.The problem is I never could and still can't gain weight. I can eat and eat and never gain weight.No I am not bragging about that either trust me I would love to gain weight ANY weight!Has anyone else had this problem like me.I mean I am 25 and I thought by now it would have happened but sadly it hasn't.My parents keep saying I will outgrow this and i will gain weight.They say it takes time but come on I want to be buff now not when I am too weak to do so!:confused: :wink:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Do you know how many people would kill to be trim like you? (Sigh, why do people always want what they don't have?!)

If I were you, I'd turn that "liability" into an asset. Lots and lots and lots of really cool looking dudes are thin.

Start "people watching" the thin guys. See what looks good on them and what doesn't. Buy a bunch of magazines and cut out pics of the thinner guys and analyze them to see what works and what doesn't.

In other words, make an "art style" about being thin. If you "wear" your "thinness" well, you'll always look good. :wink:

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yep - think of the plus points! Having this kind of genetics does bring some advantages:

1) You'll always have a 6-pack. No work, no fuss.
2) Hit the gym just a little and you'll have good definition
3) It makes you look better endowed!
4) You'll never have to say 'I shouldn't' when offered a chocolate eclair or extra serving of pudding!

Seriously though, I have exactly the same problem (even now at 33) and if you do mention that you see it as a problem other people will laugh at you :( . It is in my genes and I've come to accept it. If I hit the gym I get stronger, but in the last 15 years I've only managed to shift my weigh by 7 pounds. It used to drive me mad - I'd eat enough for two and hit the gym 3 times a week, but nothing really changed. Like the lovely HotMilf said, you've just got to make it work for you. And if it gets you down, just consider whether you'd rather be at the other end of the gene pool.

PaulF

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would love to have your problem, I am 2 stone over weight and on a diet now, I have lost 1 stone already:smile: but it is coming off slowly:mad:
So please be happy with your body! Do you know how many millions of £/$ are been spent each year by people wanting to be like you.
You are only 25 you will gain weight abit when you get older. I'm 43 but was only a 28 waist when i was 25.:rolleyes:
Good luck and take care xx

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Has anyone else had trouble gaining weight like I have?My whole life I have been skinny now I am 6'5 and still skinny.I am very self conscious about how I look I have a gap in my chest that they told me when I was a child I would outgrow and slowly it does seem to be happening now thank god.But I used to lift weights like tiny barbells and drink powder that was supposed to help.The problem is I never could and still can't gain weight. I can eat and eat and never gain weight.No I am not bragging about that either trust me I would love to gain weight ANY weight!Has anyone else had this problem like me.I mean I am 25 and I thought by now it would have happened but sadly it hasn't.My parents keep saying I will outgrow this and i will gain weight.They say it takes time but come on I want to be buff now not when I am too weak to do so!:confused: :wink:
Try Wate-On It is something which comes in both powder and in liquid formula and can be bought at a lot of pharmacies. It also comes in Super-Wate-on and flavors I remember were chocolate, butterscotch, strawberry and a plain one. Mixed with whole milk which is full fat they gained 40 pounds on a friend of mine and he has kept the weight even several years after he took that product. There are fats and minerals in them which may help later to keep the weight on that you want to have. Take this with your usual eating and it might help.
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/34/71844912_9af1a76f87.jpg http://www.toughguygoods.com/hash_wateon_giant.jpg

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Unless your low weight causes a health problem, my recommendation is to avoid high calorie supplements. It's my understanding that the mid-twenties is one of those windows for adding fat cells. My guess is thet in working out you are also a hard gainer. A good personal trainer might be able to help you. As someone who used to be very thin, I bulked up when I started doing high weights with low reps. Another activity that coincided with me bulking up some, and I had never been able to before, was doing squats.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
You lucky bitch. I wish gaining weight was a problem for me. It's a problem for me in the sense that I can't seem to stop doing it. lol.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I could give you some of my excess fat off my abs! :biggrin1:

I used to think I was too skinny when I was growing up, especially in early childhood. By the time I was nearing my teens though, I was ok with that, for the most part. But I've gained a lot of weight in recent years and I'm not particularly happy with that (again, for the most part - I like the fact that I gained in one place, and wish I'd gained more there).

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
If you're really trying to gai.(I aqm as well)......1-1.5 grams of protein per pound a day.in like 6 divided meals...along with a good exercise proram.....I'd been stuk at 175 for years and have been able to gain 10 pounds with good exercise and good diet......the downside is that eating well feels like a full time job...

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I used to be really skinny too, I'd eat twice what my friends ate and didn't gain weight, they'd all be on a diet and be hating me, I don't know why as I often let them look at my pie or offer them a chip :) Relax and enjoy it, you'll find that as you get older you'll put on a little weight as a natural consequence of ageing but you'll still be slim enough not to have to go through the hassle of dieting.

Meniscus

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has anyone else had trouble gaining weight like I have?My whole life I have been skinny now I am 6'5 and still skinny.I am very self conscious about how I look I have a gap in my chest...I can eat and eat and never gain weight...I mean I am 25 and I thought by now it would have happened but sadly it hasn't...My parents keep saying I will outgrow this and i will gain weight...

I was exactly the same way up until 25. Then between 25 and 26 I gained 10 pounds. I gained another 10 by the age of 27, and another 10 by 28...now I'm 36 and I'm 70 pounds heavier than I was when I was 25. In other words, I'm getting fat. As self-conscious as I was when I was skinny, now I wish for those days. I got so used to eating anything and everything I wanted without worrying about it, I'm having a really hard time developing healthier eating habits and forcing myself to eat less and give up certain foods. Actually, I only eat a fraction of what I used to, but I guess it's still too much, and I don't exercise so I'm not burning off the calories and building muscle.

Unless your low weight causes a health problem, my recommendation is to avoid high calorie supplements. It's my understanding that the mid-twenties is one of those windows for adding fat cells...

I agree. Don't try to force yourself to gain weight through food, because it could backfire. Develop good eating and exercise habits now, because it's gets a lot harder when you get older. Have lots of fresh fruits, vegetables, and lean protein in your diet. Eat sweets, fatty foods, processed foods, and alcohol in moderation. See a trainer to get the right combination of cardio-vascular exercise and strength training. Also learn to stretch thoroughly and properly. You'll be much happier as you get older if you stay flexible. Men tend to get tight hamstrings, so that's one area to work on.

Yesterday I went to Shelburne Falls and there were several good-looking guys swimming at the glacial potholes. One guy was breathtaking. He was tall & thin, with dark curly hair, and was very lean and sinewy. His muscles weren't big, but were very well-defined, and rippled under his skin with every motion of his body. I'm thinking maybe that's the kind of body you should aim for instead of trying to gain weight.

Good luck.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I was twink-like most of my life too. I used to try to do all of that stuff to gain weight. Now that I'm older I'm thankful I was so thin. You will be too. You'll start filling out here and there but you'll still look relatively slim and the bonus is you can and will be able to eat anything you like (barring the advent of age related medical problems like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.) Enjoy it.

YourAvgGuy

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I have about 10 pounds I will share with you. :)

Be happy... trust me... with age, metabolism slows. You are blessed and your body type is just different. Enjoy it and take the advise these have given. Continue to go to the gym; keep your fitness routine up and keep in shape. Be healthy, be safe and be thankful - it could be the opposite!!!! EEK

satai

Just Browsing
Media
There isn't a secret formula but if you are eating well and doing everything right you should look for a nutricionist, it worked with me.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Look on the bright side. Being too skinny is better than being too fat. If you weiged 800 pounds you would wish you were too skinny.