Gallery Embeds on Forums

• Thread starter deleted17208541
  • Start date
D

deleted17208541

I've noticed that the forums come with the option for "gallery embed" where you can put your photos directly from a gallery album onto the forum. I was wondering about the implementation of this feature. It seems to me that the forums are always public, but on gallery posts you can set a variety of restrictions. Are these ignored / how do they work when you post to the gallery? For example, if I attach pictures from an album set to "registered users only", do people who are not logged in see an error or no picture on that post? Or do they see the post regardless of the setting? What if I change the setting after posting, for example from "public" to "private- only you can see" — does the gallery embed become unviewable on the post?

Thanks for helping me figure out this feature so I can better share images in the future!

jumbo747jet

Superior Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'm calling the LPSG Admin team to help you with this. @LPSG Support will help you with this.

They usually reply very quickly but it can sometimes take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience!

Squirrel1

Worshipped Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I’ve just done a test. The image below is in one of my albums with permissions set for me to view only. You should not be able to see it. You will see a link that sends you to an error page. Therefore any images you insert will follow the permission of the album. If you have content you wish to share, I would suggest placing them in an album with view permissions set to “everyone”.
View media item 9318131

Last edited: