Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It's all about keeping the ratings up, by keeping the "hotties" on screen,
A/B
So what you're saying is more Davos?

Actually this got me thinking--who are/were the "hotties"? I know people think Jon Snow is hot, but who else? Robb Stark was good looking but he's been dead for ages. I think there are lots of attractive men on the show, but I don't think they really count as eye candy for most.

That Coldplay/GOT video was better than I thought it would be. I love how Iwan Rheon was acting all into it.

Here's a cute video of Gethin Anthony (Renly) and Harry Lloyd (Viserys) reacting to scene from the show.
HL: Those dragon eggs are well heavy.
GA: I never held one. Never sat on the Iron Thone...
HL: Dear, what have you been doing? Go to the convention!

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think, with Game of Thrones, the "hotties" aren't just about the pretty or sexy actors, I feel like it is more about who the audience is most emotionally attached to... Like Arya and Dany... Now, you could yell, "But they just killed off my favorite, Jon Snow!", but when 9 out of 10 commenters are certain he is coming back to life, I'd say, not to worry.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damn it! I'm getting hopeful he's coming back....I need a rebound TV boyfriend.

I feel your pain, LaFemme!... Shall I put together a list of possible "rebound TV boyfriends" while you are waiting for G. of T. Season 6 to start next year?... I suspect that we have similar taste in hunky, TV series men... ;)...A/B

Yes, please!

Apologies for being remiss in my duties, Madame LaFemme. After thinking about current series, and the men in them, I only thought of a few that were kinda "Jon Snow-sh". And, then I thought posting a list here would be too "Off Topic", as it would be more suitable under "What are you watching".

But, here are two that came to mind:

Pretty, but scruffy, Charlie Cox, currently starring in "Daredevil", as a blind detective/secret superhero with hyper extrasensory perception and fighting skills. He was also very sexy in "Boardwalk Empire", and "The Theory of Everything".

Charlie Cox - Images

Then there's handsome, swashbuckling, Aidan Turner , star of BBC's excellent new historical drama "Poldark", about the loves and struggles of families in Cornwall, England, after the end of the American Revolution.

Aidan Turner - Images

Watch him skinny-dipping for 30 seconds here:

http://www.lpsg.com/threads/wet-is-good.392722/page-13#post-5650792

A/B

Reactions: LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Apologies for being remiss in my duties, Madame LaFemme. After thinking about current series, and the men in them, I only thought of a few that were kinda "Jon Snow-sh". And, then I thought posting a list here would be too "Off Topic", as it would be more suitable under "What are you watching".

But, here are two that came to mind:

Pretty, but scruffy, Charlie Cox, currently starring in "Daredevil", as a blind detective/secret superhero with hyper extrasensory perception and fighting skills. He was also very sexy in "Boardwalk Empire", and "The Theory of Everything".

Charlie Cox - Images

Then there's handsome, swashbuckling, Aidan Turner , star of BBC's excellent new historical drama "Poldark", about the loves and struggles of families in Cornwall, England, after the end of the American Revolution.

Aidan Turner - Images

Watch him skinny-dipping for 30 seconds here:

http://www.lpsg.com/threads/wet-is-good.392722/page-13#post-5650792

A/B
I shall be perusing my options! Thank you!

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
LaFemme Something to hold you over till next spring 2016

003jon-snow-kit-harington-wonderland-640x518.jpg

hairynyc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I wonder if Charlie is on LPSG but doesn't want to out himself since we watch his videos. Anyone done a search for a user named TowerOfJoy? What other GoT terms/names would be good names here? Kingslayer? Oathkeeper? Hot Pie?

hairynyc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Also, has anyone seen any GoT actors in anything else lately? I saw David Bradley/Walder Frey in The Strain on F/X.

Gethin Anthony aka Thee One True King, Renly Baratheon is playing Charles Manson in Aquarius with David Duchovny. He was in his underpants and kissed a guy on the last episode. Yay! I've only seen the one episode, so I can't tell you much, though it seems ok. Alas I really can't stand David Duchovny.

Also saw the film Black Butterflies about South African poet Ingrid Jonker played by Carice van Houten. Liam Cunningham plays one of her affairs (author Jack Cope). Odd to see Davos and Melisandre making sweet love. Very interesting story, but I don't think it's one that could be told in 90 minutes so it sort of fell flat.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wonder if Charlie is on LPSG but doesn't want to out himself since we watch his videos...

I really doubt that Charlie Schneider of the "Emergency Awesome" channel on YouTube gives a shit about who watches his videos from whatever site. He's pretty busy providing his audiences with informative videos about a lot of different film and television series, aside from just Game of Thrones.

I really like him, his insights, and his genuine way of involving fans in conversations about the shows.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... Gethin Anthony aka Thee One True King, Renly Baratheon is playing Charles Manson in Aquarius with David Duchovny. He was in his underpants and kissed a guy on the last episode. Yay! I've only seen the one episode, so I can't tell you much, though it seems ok. Alas I really can't stand David Duchovny...

Also, not a big fan of pouty-lipped, self-absorbed, David Duchovny, but, I'll check out "Aquarius" to see if it's worth my time.

A/B

hairynyc

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I really doubt that Charlie Schneider of the "Emergency Awesome" channel on YouTube gives a shit about who watches his videos from whatever site. He's pretty busy providing his audiences with informative videos about a lot of different film and television series, aside from just Game of Thrones.

I really like him, his insights, and his genuine way of involving fans in conversations about the shows.

A/B
It was a lighthearted joke. I enjoy his videos very much and am constantly blown away by how much he knows just about this series (both books and show), not to mention all the other things he covers and how he's very likeable while doing so. It just made me chuckle to think he could be here without us even knowing.
Back to Game of Thrones now, please.
It's been tumbleweed city around here lately, so I thought I'd mention the work some of the actors are doing because it's something I find interesting. We have something like 9 months until the show comes back. I thought it might be nice to use some of that time to engage and inform people in a way that is related to GoT even if it isn't GoT. Won't happen again.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It was a lighthearted joke... It's been tumbleweed city around here lately, so I thought I'd mention the work some of the actors are doing because it's something I find interesting. We have something like 9 months until the show comes back. I thought it might be nice to use some of that time to engage and inform people in a way that is related to GoT even if it isn't GoT. Won't happen again.

Sorry if I came off as being all serious, Hairynyc. Keep 'em coming, please!

A/B

french_toast

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Okay, so I've been reading the books (I'm almost at the end of A Storm of Swords) and one question has been on my mind for a little while now :

Why does G. R. R. Martin hate his characters so much ?