ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Arya's List:

Yeah, I know this video is a half hour long, but, on a Saturday morning, over coffee and bagels, among us fans, who doesn't have a bit of time for some good ol' bloody Game of Thrones nostalgia?... ;)

I wonder if my fellow Game of Thrones fans also have their own "List", in their 'real life', (just in their heads, as fantasy, of course)... I do!

:)

Reactions: ronin001

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
^ @LaFemme... Have you dumped Jon Snow already?

As for Gendry, I don't really get the attraction. Sure, he's great at pounding metal into helmets and armor, and stuff, but without Melisandre around to perform Blood Magic on him, what good is he for the realm?

Guess he did look kinda hot, naked in the firelight with blood-letting leeches sucking on him, though.

A/B

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Nope. Haven't dumped my lovely, but I've been watching early episodes and realized that Gendry just rowed off into the sea. I'd completely forgotten the poor boy. Did you know there are whole sites devoted to him?

I wonder if a sea monster et him. :eek:

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, now I remember the scene where "Ser Davos Seaworth frees Gendry and sends him back to King's Landing in a rowboat, the only way to discreetly leave Dragonstone, although Gendry admits he doesn't know how to swim and has never been in a rowboat before."*

So, I wonder if he made it to King's Landing, and if there will be anything more about him in the HBO series? Basically, he is the last living Baratheon, since the demise of Stannis, so, although he is a bastard, he could try to take his "blood-right power" and pursue the Iron Throne. But, I don't think he has the where-with-all to do so... Anyone know what became of him in the books?

* Quote from Game_of_Thrones_Wiki

A/B

Last edited:

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I know! Can't swim, never been in a rowboat before. I mean he had some strong arms, but that's three years of rowing! Wonder if Dani's fleet will bump into him...just a long bearded Gendry, living off fish and rain drops. Arms like pythons.

I don't think he shows up in the current books. Call me curious. He just poofed!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
... I mean he had some strong arms, but that's three years of rowing!

If it would take young Gendry three years to row from Dragonstone to King's Landing, then I would say he's not qualified as Iron Throne material. They just aren't that far away from each other, both being at opposite ends of Blackwater Bay. If he used his brains he would have just rowed to the nearest shore of the Crownlands and walked the rest of the way... Or, settled in a more pleasant town there, as the talented metal-smith he was trained to be.

A/B

Last edited:
Reactions: ronin001 and Fuzzy_

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If it would take young Gendry three years to row from Dragonstone to King's Landing, then I would say he's not qualified as Iron Throne material. They just aren't that far away from each other, both being at opposite ends of Blackwater Bay. If he used his brains he would have just rowed to the nearest shore of the Crownlands and walked the rest of the way... Or, settled in a more pleasant town there, as the talented metal-smith he was trained to be.

A/B
I'm being facetious. :p

I know it's not that far, so why hasn't he turned up? Anyway, last thing we need is someone else tossing their hat in the ring. Unless he marries Dani, since she's open to a marriage. Jon's her cousin? He can be King of the North and beyond the Wall and she can be Queen of everything else. And they all lived happily ever after.

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Sorry to get all serious about it, LaFemme... I think the HBO writers have dropped the Gendry story-line... But, who knows?... Maybe his story will become one of the projected offshoot series from Game of Thrones, when it ends?

I think one thing we do know at this point... No one will live "happily ever after", and, all men must die.

A/B

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Sorry to get all serious about it, LaFemme... I think the HBO writers have dropped the Gendry story-line... But, who knows?... Maybe his story will become one of the projected offshoot series from Game of Thrones, when it ends?

I think one thing we do know at this point... No one will live "happily ever after", and, all men must die.

A/B
Fine. Be that way. :( Everybody dies. In gruesome horrible ways. Its why I watch. And for the snow. ;)

ronin001

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Arya's List:

Yeah, I know this video is a half hour long, but, on a Saturday morning, over coffee and bagels, among us fans, who doesn't have a bit of time for some good ol' bloody Game of Thrones nostalgia?... ;)

I wonder if my fellow Game of Thrones fans also have their own "List", in their 'real life', (just in their heads, as fantasy, of course)... I do!

:)

The list is veryy short now

Reactions: ActionBuddy

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay, okay! Blood soaked history. I yield, Professor. :)
@LaFemme - Did you just call me the "P" word?!!!... ;)

I can barely stand waiting so long for Season 7 to start, so we all have more, more, MORE stuff to talk about here.

A/B

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Last edited: