Game shows you hate and game shows you love?

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
i luv the classics,

jeopardy ,
and
the price is right.

it would be stupid to hate a game show, it doesn't even care.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only one I watch is Jeopardy so I guess I hate the rest of them.
I loved the old ones though...
To Tell The Truth
What's My Line? and The Match Game!

Password and the Pyramids are great shows when the best players are on. I enjoy watching the creative skill the players use to win. Both made me into a huge Betty White fan before Golden Girls as she's simply phenomenal at both. Hollywood Squares and Match Game were really fun as well when they had the regulars on.

I do like Price Is Right and Jeopardy! too. I really used to like Joker's Wild but my interest in that has waned.

The only shows I really don't care for are The Newly Wed game in its current incarnation, Weakest Link because it's obnoxious, and Millionaire.

To Tell The Truth
What's My Line?

Oh yes!! I forgot about those! I love What's My Line? and even watch the reruns from the 50s when it was really great. They had the best panel ever and fascinating guests. That was a show that made you think.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only shows I really don't care for are The Newly Wed game in its current incarnation, Weakest Link because it's obnoxious, and Millionaire.

The British versions of Weakest Link are still kick ass, as well as Deal Or No Deal. Then again, they have a lot of great game shows over there that never make it to the USA. If you get a chance, check out this new one called "Divided". It's sick!

Most of my favorite games are the classics. Match Game has already been mentioned as well as Wheel Of Fortune. I still love Press Your Luck (80s version), High Rollers (70s version) as well as Concentration (70s version). I was also a big fan of Greed (Fox) when that was on. A great concept that was destroyed by the shameless way the networks would try to generate unnecessary drama. There were some other weird & funny ones on cable like Remote Control (MTV), Beat The Geeks (Comedy Central), Win Ben Stein's Money (Comedy Central) and Trashed (MTV) where people actually put up their own personal items as potential things to be destroyed in a crazy game of Q&A.

The only game that I think I actually hated was the new Chain Reaction because it showed just how stupid people became over the years. Watch an original version from the 80s, then watch the new ones on GSN and you'll see what I mean. Oh, and "Hole In The Wall"... a Japanese stunt gone awry. That was a complete waste of everyone's time. But it did give us the line, "It's time to face the HOLE!!!!" so I guess it isn't a complete loss. :biggrin:

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I do like Price Is Right and Jeopardy! too.

the price is right is good for spotting hot college/military dudes showin some bulge, and jumping around showing their abs and underwear when they spin the wheel (ya, life really is about the constant hunt for man flesh exposed for me :biggrin1:) on the other hand it makes me realize i don't know the price of anything, especially food products.

and jeopardy lets me show off for my friends how smart i am. i luv it when i can finish the category b4 the contestant. it's so easy when you're sitting in your house yelling at a tv. i'd be a drooling, deer in the headlights if i was actually there.

I love Match Game, but can't stand it when the panelists include either Marcia Wallace (unwatchably unattractive) or Patti Deutsch (her blase act drains the show's vitality away).

Steve

Agreed! My perfect Match Game panel would be:

(lower tier)
Betty White
Gary Burghoff
Suzanne Pleshette

(upper tier)
Richard Dawson
Brett Somers
Charles Nelson Riley

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Love:

Password, Family Feud

Hate one only:

The Price is Right :mad:

jason_els said:
..(lower tier)
Betty White

I just LOVE me some Betty White. She's a national treasure.

Jason? Here's some vintage What's My Line?

You've probably seen them by this one's a hoot!

Elizabeth Taylor in the mid 1950s

Last edited:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I like the trivia ones, Jeopardy, Millionaire, and a few newer/newish trivia ones like Trivial Pursuit: America Plays and Cash Cab.

I also like Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune and Match Game.

Hate: Newlywed Game, Love Connection, ANY dating ones because they're usually just cruel, and play to stereotypes. I also hated Card Sharks because so many of the questions were gender stereotyping.

I like Cash Cab too. It's a fun game, the host is cool, and the contestants range from fun to hopeless. I hope someday to ride in it. I could use the money. I always look for minivan cabs when I have to take one!

Novaboy

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I liked Deal or NO Deal for a while but it can be a bit boring until the big money and the show requires absolutely no skill what so ever.

That Like Detector Show was totally vile. Horrible and mean spirited.

Always liked 25,000 Pyramid (or whatever money you can win now)

Liarliar

Just Browsing
Media
Cash cab is (as already stated) fun to watch.

Family Feud, Wheel of Fortune and the Price is right are also fun because you can test your own knowledge.

I recently saw an episode of Jeopardy and I could not believe how boring it was. It used to be fun, except for when you realized it was more of a memory game.

There was one, i think it was Street Smarts, that I liked. There would be three people asked a question and the contestants would choose either who would get the question right or who would get it wrong, or something like that. The questions were things like "what is a calorie?" or "list three points of the Bill of Rights."

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I liked Match Game. When I was a kid I also like Beat The Clock. I hate Pyramid...and the funny thing is...I was once on it. Classic situation, I go with a friend to the audition of 6,ooo people. They end up picking me. I get a call the next week and attend. It was a 12 hour day of waiting, being treated like shit...seriously awful people running things back stage, and the show was rigged. Once my oponent won the first round, they needed her to win the second round. They flashed her the answers, stopped the tape and changed clues, had my celeb cuss when I was winning so they would have to retape. I didn't care about the money as much as I wanted to play the last past of the game...which I kick ass at. Still looking for another one to go on now. Please dear god bring Match Game back...

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
"I can name that tune in one note".

Does this quote strike a familiar note? It was from "Name that Tune", one of my favourites, which is no longer on, but has quite a history:

Name That Tune - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The most remembered version was hosted by Tom Kennedy, 1974-1981:
YouTube - Name That Tune

I imagine its cancellation was due do the lack of good, hummable tunes being written (young punks and their music!), and the lack of cultural appreciation for the "good ole songs".

Now I watch Jeopardy and Millionaire.